Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 17:45   #1

Pranam and Namaste

Pranam and Namaste.

I have been called “Anil Kaprekar” after joining Earth Residents in 1962,presently residing in Chembur,Mumbai ( with my wife, daughter(17) and son(6)) . I was born and brought up in jungles so naturally love nature (Dad’s job as Maharashtra IFS officer forced us to live in oblivion). But desire for education made me join a mad rush to IIT/IIM/IAS and deviated me from my basic love .My job with Mai Baap Sarkar took me to many states/places. Quit Sarkar and joined private sector MNC in 2004, presently working with a third largest Indian multinational looking after logistics. But again,wish to call it a day here also to join farming community some time in near future,thats where my soul rests.

My association with vehicles goes back to willy jeeps, old Chevrolet /ford taxies. In those times vehicles were just transport, no comfort/complications whatsoever. The contact between seats and person was ‘touch and go’ due to bumpy rides. But still people enjoyed those simple vehicles/ arduous journeys and never complained. I am not an auto freak, or for that matter any freak ( friends call me freak, whimsical (Jealousy ). But I was and am always fascinated by vehicles. In fact, it was my childhood dream to become a “bus driver”, I still remember, those all passengers waiting in packed buses for diver sahib to come, there he is- jumping on seat ,looking back in bus, what looks, that arrogance, majesty how thrilling it was. ( But alas destiny had else in mind) My first love was 350 cc bullet rode for 20 years all over India then came maruti-800 replacing Bullet ( reason marriage you know.. ), then many cars/jeeps came and went. Presently owning Swift, Optra LS and now booked Scorpio vlx, 4wd, bs4,with Airbags, expected delivery this weekend ,which will be my favorite ( though It was very tough convinence my family). I also love travel/trekking; go at least for a fortnight a year.

I came across this website andTeam-BHP by accident, by God, Euraka! What a passionate and inspired bunch of enthusiastics! This is it, I thought; let me join and start my first post ever. My only grouse or problem is that I am feeling like a LKG students among Doctorates. Well, I do not worry either,since these doctorates; it seems are compassionate teachers as well. Looking forward to be a Team-BHPian.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:47   #2
BHPian

Welcome Anil!

You got it right, doctrates on this forum are actaully mentors for LKG students like us.

See you around. Please take some time to go through Team BHP FAQs to get hang on "How to Post new Threads" "Multiquote for multiple responses" & etc.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:22   #3
BHPian

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankaps View Post
Pranam and Namaste.

I am not an auto freak, or for that matter any freak ( friends call me freak, whimsical (Jealousy ). But I was and am always fascinated by vehicles. In fact, it was my childhood dream to become a “bus driver”,
Ditto !! I too wanted to be a Bus Driver.. and ended up in IT :-(
When I was a child, I used to make sure I grab a seat just behind the Bus driver (the good old red dusty ST buses) and re-enact the moves (steering / gear / horn) to the great amusement of fellow passengers.

Quote:
I came across this website andTeam-BHP by accident, by God, Euraka! What a passionate and inspired bunch of enthusiastics! This is it, I thought; let me join and start my first post ever. My only grouse or problem is that I am feeling like a LKG students among Doctorates. Well, I do not worry either,since these doctorates; it seems are compassionate teachers as well. Looking forward to be a Team-BHPian.
Welcome to the community and sure you will enjoy your stay..
Old 17th November 2010, 20:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP Anil. Don't worry about being in LKG, you have company. I have been around the forum for nearly 6 years and I still feel like I am in LKG. Yes, I too know very little about technical side of automobiles.

BTW, after the mad rush towards IIT/IIM/IAS, who claimed you in the end?

Congrats in advance on your Scorpio.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

You must have a nice visting card saying IIT/IIM/IAS. I have seen IIT(C) and IIM (L) on one of my uncle's business cards. Anyways, welcome to the forum. Have a good time here.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
Welcome Anil!

You got it right, doctrates on this forum are actaully mentors for LKG students like us.

See you around. Please take some time to go through Team BHP FAQs to get hang on "How to Post new Threads" "Multiquote for multiple responses" & etc.
Thanks a lot for your warm welcome. You are the first one,and I appreciate it. Also thanks for your suggestion,without which I couldn't have replied now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Ditto !! I too wanted to be a Bus Driver.. and ended up in IT :-(
When I was a child, I used to make sure I grab a seat just behind the Bus driver (the good old red dusty ST buses) and re-enact the moves (steering / gear / horn) to the great amusement of fellow passengers.

Welcome to the community and sure you will enjoy your stay..
Thanks a lot for your welcome. I already started enjoying the stay. Come on dmplog IT is not that bad.Now its my turn to say Ditto!!. There used to be wire gril separating driver's cabin and us and a long bench. Gone are those days. Comfort levels increased exponentialy but not sure about joy and fun.
Thanks again both drive or die and dmplog.
Old 17th November 2010, 21:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You must have a nice visting card saying IIT/IIM/IAS. I have seen IIT(C) and IIM (L) on one of my uncle's business cards. Anyways, welcome to the forum. Have a good time here.
Thanks for warm welcome. My visiting card does not say any of these because I left all those behind,in fact where I wish to head (farming), I wouldn,t want or will have a visiting card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Anil. Don't worry about being in LKG, you have company. I have been around the forum for nearly 6 years and I still feel like I am in LKG. Yes, I too know very little about technical side of automobiles.

BTW, after the mad rush towards IIT/IIM/IAS, who claimed you in the end?

Congrats in advance on your Scorpio.
Thanks for welcome and wishes for Scorpio. Also your words encourages me and probably reduce the complex. As far IITs.. are concerned,none claimed me, beter sense preveled and I quit that mad (rat) race, sometimes only experiences teaches best.

Thanks you again Samurai and prince_pervez
Old 17th November 2010, 23:30   #8
Team-BHP Support

Its that part of life which you lived in "oblivion" is what you will strive to re-live!
But this time, will drive to these places and find hotels to stay rather than the comfort of your own house!

Welcome.

EDIT/PS: Chembur reminds me of the times, I used to visit my relatives. Walk past the fine arts building, go to the bus-stop near the garden (forget which udyan was that), take the 8 LTD and go to Flora Fountain!

Last edited by ampere : 17th November 2010 at 23:32.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its that part of life which you lived in "oblivion" is what you will strive to re-live!
But this time, will drive to these places and find hotels to stay rather than the comfort of your own house!

Welcome.

EDIT/PS: Chembur reminds me of the times, I used to visit my relatives. Walk past the fine arts building, go to the bus-stop near the garden (forget which udyan was that), take the 8 LTD and go to Flora Fountain!
Thanks a lot ampere.
What you have said about re-living in oblivion is an incite to me. May be that is where I would be heading. I couldn’t have put it in a better way, Thanks. I surely will drive to new places and wish to find good camping sites instead of hotels. But, it is also true that any OLD place I visit appears to be NEW to me, everything changed, most of the time it saddens me. Like ‘Chembur’ you mentioned. Fine arts’ building is now surrounded by fine concrete mess of MonoRail. The old majestic bungalows on way to those Ambedkar Garden/Diamond Garden gave way to concrete blocks ( Ironically, in Mumbai we call our houses or apartments as ‘blocks’). It proves change is permanent. You are welcome to visit Chembur again, if you do do please give me a tinkle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks