Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 17:35   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Hello everybody from Manvendra. It took three attempts to join the TBhp forum. I am a programmer by profession and am working in Chennai for the past 20 years. I have owned a Maruti 800 in the past. I bought a Maruti Baleno in 2003 and I absolutely love driving it. I also bought a swift vxi in 2006 which somehow I have never enjoyed driving it as much as the baleno.

For the past few months I have developed a keen interest towards driving. I have been looking at buying a Scorpio AT 4wd / Ford Endeavour 3.0L 4X4. I have also sold my swift to partially finance my new love (most likely it will be a Scorpio). Most of my knowledge about these two vehicles comes from Team BHP forum. In fact I stumbled on TBhp forum while doing google search on these two vehicles. I am glad that I found this forum.

I have test driven both scorpio and Tata Safari. I found it easier to drive the Scorpio. According to India Garage, it takes around 3 months to deliver Scorpio Vlx AT 4X4. The booking cannot be cancelled and the price at the time of the booking rules. Is it true that the VLX AT 4x4 is made only on order and it takes 3 months?

I am a gadget freak. I love my scotch and I love photography. I love SLR cameras. Here is what I did by electronically wiring a GPS to my Nikon D200 SLR
My Gadgets: Geotagging with Nikon D200

Few of my photos taken during travel have found its way in travel sites, wikipedia, etc
e.g.

SuperStar Libra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also love travelling but so far have not traveled by driving myself. I hope to put my SUV to full use soon. I am finding this forum quite addictive and I am keen to start sharing my experiences soon.

Thank You
mbhangui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:05   #2
BHPian

Hey Manny, Most welcome to T-BHP.Am member here for such a long time and it's best place to be in getting to know about vehicles...Akhilesh
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:32   #3
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That was some impressive read about wiring the gps to your Nikon. Here's a dumb question. Can we wire it to any DSLR? What I don't understand is that how did Nikon 200 recognize the GPS? Does that 10 pin connector come only for your Nikon 200? Oh man. I need to start looking at that blog in detail to find answers now.
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Can we wire it to any DSLR? What I don't understand is that how did Nikon 200 recognize the GPS? Does that 10 pin connector come only for your Nikon 200? Oh man. I need to start looking at that blog in detail to find answers now.
Quite many Nikon SLR have the 10 pin connector. I have put the pinout here
Picasa Web Albums - Cprogrammer - Nikon GPS

You can also trigger the camera externally using two of the 10 pins. I have used a microphone connected to a IC 741 to amplify the sound and switch on the camera the moment a water drop falls on surface to create a splash.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Everyone-2983402630_f7019f7b70_m.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2010, 18:21   #5
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That is really impressive manvendra. Sadly, My pentax ist-dl (bought over 5 years ago) doesn't have options to do this DIY. Been googling that since my last post in this thread. Guess, I shall upgrade the body next year.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:46   #6
BANNED

Welcome to team bhp mavedra,looks like your are inclined towards offroading.

Scorpio 4x4 and endy 4x4 are totally different territories.

Do let us once you take delivery of those
Old 23rd November 2010, 19:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mavedra,
Welcome to Team-BHP, here you will learn from others as others will learn from you.
I, for one have started with your blog and it is very enlightening though still alien.
Thanks, I too share the same passions as yours...4X4's and Photography, amongst other things.
Regards,
Old 29th November 2010, 18:22   #8
BHPian

Finally Booked a Diamond white AT 4WD BSIV Scorpio today by paying the nominal booking amount to India Garage, Chennai. Expected delivery is sometime in Jan 2011. Never felt so excited and impatient.

I have got inspired by people like Pramod and others who have had quite an adventure with their Scorpio. Hope to do some journeys of my own in the near future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks