Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2011, 17:47   #1

Trying to get the newbie tag off

Hello Everyone,

Here is my first post on Team-BHP - On my way to get the newbie tag off of my ID .

I have been on Team-BHP several times in the past couple of years, primarily accessing links sent to me by friends. One of the main reasons for finally joining the forum is to get some much needed advice from fellow petrol heads.

I have always liked fast cars (I blame it on my father who did not allow me to drive a car till I was 18)... got my first car, a beat up Ford Tempo while pursuing my masters, and had a Nissan Maxima as my first real car. After 6 cars in 8 years with the last one in the US being a Volvo S80T, I moved back to India to pursue my dreams of becoming an entrepreneur.

Wanted to buy and modify a swift, but ended up getting a baleno (and no mods), as family/friends convinced me of the image to be maintained when going for business meetings. An Innova (for the wife/kid), and a City (primary office car) later, I thought I can spare some time for my passion now.

So, got a used SX-4 ZXi (30K miles) last week and have started working on modifying it slowly. So far I have Yokohama tires, Night Breakers, Hella Lamps, Tints, and a good scrubbing for the car. Could not find a good place in Hyderabad to get the rest of the items on my list, and will probably be driving it to Chennai very soon (office visit - for the family), and will try my luck there.

Did I say that I am prepping the SX-4 for the Desert Storm? Entering it for the first time this year along with a good friend and a real petrol head - Hrishi from Mumbai.

Happy posting,
Rahul
Old 8th January 2011, 18:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Trying to get the newbie tag off

Welcome Rahul!

Though i am not very regular to post, i am a regular visitor to tbhp... its a goldmine
Old 8th January 2011, 23:48   #3
BHPian

Welcome rahul!!

Hope your stay here is good!

And Hyd in the modification of automobiles is a tad behind Bangalore but we got some pretty decent stores here if you know the Right people.. you can lay your hands on the stuff you need..

Keep that bhp revving!
Old 9th January 2011, 19:21   #4

Thank you. Would love to get to know the right people. May be we can start a thread about this so fellow BHPians in Hyd can get the details? I searched a lot but could not find these in the existing forums.
Old 10th January 2011, 19:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Welcome Rahul!

Though i am not very regular to post, i am a regular visitor to tbhp... its a goldmine
I agree with ihrishi as i sail on the same boat and yes its a goldmine where you can dig in for loads of info share by our friends who have the same passion.
Old 11th January 2011, 13:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the gang.

Quote:
Did I say that I am prepping the SX-4 for the Desert Storm? Entering it for the first time this year along with a good friend and a real petrol head - Hrishi from Mumbai
Good luck and drive safe
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks