Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 10:28   #1

Hello PetrolHeads!

Hi Everyone!

Let me start by thanking the Team BHP Team for accepting my humble request.Second time's a charm!

I'm from Bustling Bombay, settled in Bangalore since 2008 and absolutely loving it.I've been working in the Online Marketing field since the past 6 years.

After years of owning a license and not taking to the roads, I was finally encouraged to wake up and learn, because Bangalore's Public Transport system, as we know it, has a long way to go! (I miss the black & yellow cabs / BEST Buses / Local Trains of Bombay)

I took to the roads in mid 2008 with a Palio Deisel 1.9 ELX and consequently a Chevy Optra Magnum Diesel and fell in love with both the cars and driving in general. I've lost and found myself on Bangalore's round abouts / one ways / crosses / mains! It took ALOT of persuasion for me to take to the Chevy. (Big cars "used to" intimidate me - you see my husband's office is in JC Road.So imagine my plight! ) And how can you not fall in love with the Chevy? Impossible! She's a beautiful machine, inside out.

I had to give up the Palio since it was needed at home. So after 6 months of travelling by public transport to work, haggling with auto drivers every single day, injuring my back, I finally decided to own a car, something I have been wanting to do since a long, long time.

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to user "Mubeen" for posting his experience on the purchase of his i20 and writing about his experiences at every step. I also thank the users who took part in his discussion thread. My initial choices were the Chevy Beat & i10, but after I sat in the i20 , I was totally sold! Reading about it on Team BHP confirmed my choice and I booked the car soon after.

I'm privileged and excited to be here.I will share pictures of my gorgeous new Lady-i20 soon.

Cheers
Old 14th January 2011, 11:00   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello PetrolHeads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady-i20 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Cheers
Congratulations on owning the Uber Cool Machine !

Welcome to club and looking forward for your pictures and initial ownership.

Also Do dwell by Rules Section for Do's and Dont's on the forum

Cheers !
Otomobil
Old 14th January 2011, 16:44   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the team, Lady-i20. The Palio & Magnum are the choice of enthusiasts. Nice. Hope the i20 is an AT? Automatics absolutely rock in crowded cities like Bangalore.
Old 15th January 2011, 14:29   #4

Otomobil: Thanks so much.I'm absolutely loving it! And I'll make sure I don't break any rules down the line

GTO: Thanks GTO.Glad to be accepted! The Palio and Magnum, both are diesels, so I'm getting used to being a real Petrolhead. And no, It's not an AT.Given the advantages of an AT in traffic, I would still hesitate to give up a gearshift car.As compared to the Palio D, i-20's gears feel like butter.Gosh.It's such a rush.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Lady-i20,
Welcome to T-BHP family and congratulations on your ownership of a magnificent machine, in looks and performance.
Regards,
Old 17th January 2011, 16:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Lady-i20,
Welcome to T-BHP family and congratulations on your ownership of a magnificent machine, in looks and performance.
Regards,
Thanks fazalaliadil.I have posed the initial ownership review and some pictures.Am awaiting authorization from moderators.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:53   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard.
The Uber cool is a nice car and looks chic. Also, it is feature packed which should help the city traffic fade into the background. Will go through your ownership thread.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:39   #8
BHPian

hi Lady-i20
nice name for the uber cool the car is very much well crafted and does its owner proud
happy motoring amd do vist pitstop section
have fun with T-BHP
rgds
DP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks