Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 00:05   #1
jat
BHPian

I don't know what I am doing here

First let me thank GTO for helping me in registeration.

Let's begin with my younger days. I would not like to mention my date of birth, but will give you some hint. I belong to the
period when police used to fine cyclists for not have proper lights, bell and brakes and also the "token" - something like RC
and costing around Re 1/-. And nobody had driving licences as they were never checked. Kerosene was sold by hawkers on the
street and main fuel for cooking was coal. Nobody bothered about FE and power as fuel was cheap and cars did not have any
power (well, there weren't many models to choose from). The best scooter was Lambretta and motorcyle was Java - I still like
them although now I don't own any of them. There was another scooter named Vijay Super launched later on and was the only one
to wade through water while others (except buses and trucks) gave up. Expressing your love to young and beautiful ladies in
present day format was a risky affair as stilletos had come into fashion. Another fact which I have never been able to make
out is - why the all the beautiful young ladies had always got well built father and brothers.
Anyway I firmly believe in the age of heart rather than the age of body. If you are young at heart, you can do
anything. To prove my point the other day while passing a ladies college, I winked at a group and many of them swooned -
whether seeing such a handsome pot-bellied hunk for the first time or at the prospect of dating one like that, I never came
to know, as I had to make a quick getaway to avoid getting kidnapped.
My first vehicle was a hero cycle which nobody dared to steal (some tried but returned after realising that it was a
risky affair). It required a lot of technical knowledge to drive - oops ride, for example you have to really respect that
guy, I mean the bike - if it didn't like you then when you are going to turn the bike, it will allow you to turn the handle
but will keep the wheel straight;-). There were many other properties but will leave it to that and will say that it was
really a fun to drive it to school and back through sugarcane fields, where the farmer will chase you with a big stick, when
you felt like not paying for the unauthorised consumption of sugarcanes.
The biggest modification which I have carried out was fitting a battery powered horn on my bike. I have driven
variety of vehicles except 6 wheelers, but the toughest one was the mopeds. They had number of levers and which one was for
what, I could not make out and hence was always unable to start one. But when started and someone sitting behind me was able
to guide me with levers, it was easy and safe to drive as averybody was able to overtake you.
I am a technical guy who have variety of experience but has settled down on diesel engines. I have plenties of
hobbies, but ones I like most is eating and sleeping. I do not know about you guys, but find that the best food is always in
your colleagues' lunch boxes and the best sleep you get during office hours.
So guys and all beautiful young ladies, here I come - vrooooooom - if young guys believe that all young ladies will
not give the second look then ok -phut-phut-phut.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:13   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

welcome there Mr. jat ... i just hope u dont date as far back as the stone age .. Looks like rudra , navin and ajmat have some serious competition here .. anyways welcome to the forum... thats a lovely intro there , probably one the best that i have come across in a very long time.. im sure u will enjoy ur stay here ..

PS : can u space out ur paras a bit more so that its a lot easier for us to read .. thanks a ton ..
Old 6th January 2006, 00:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting intro, this.

Firstly, welcome to TBHP. Please do go thru the rules in the Intro Section and try not to wink at the ladies here. One is married and the other is the Super Admin's girl. Not much of choice I'm afraid, but thats life.

Since you started the guessing game, I guess I'll play along:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
Kerosene was sold by hawkers on the
street and main fuel for cooking was coal. Nobody bothered about FE and power as fuel was cheap and cars did not have any
power (well, there weren't many models to choose from).
Let me guess - you live in Bihar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
The best scooter was Lambretta and motorcyle was Java - I still like them although now I don't own any of them. There was another scooter named Vijay Super launched later on and was the only one
to wade through water while others (except buses and trucks) gave up.
I take back my previous question...I know the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
why the all the beautiful young ladies had always got well built father and brothers.
And you dig Mallika Sherawat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
To prove my point the other day while passing a ladies college, I winked at a group and many of them swooned -
whether seeing such a handsome pot-bellied hunk for the first time or at the prospect of dating one like that
You seem to have a thing for ladies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I had to make a quick getaway to avoid getting kidnapped.
Lets make this easier - Patna or Ara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I mean the bike - if it didn't like you then when you are going to turn the bike, it will allow you to turn the handle
but will keep the wheel straight;-). There were many other properties
Come to think of it - ladies are quite similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I am a technical guy who have variety of experience but has settled down on diesel engines.
We have lots of diesel queries, uncle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I have plenties of hobbies, but ones I like most is eating and sleeping. I do not know about you guys, but find that the best food is always in
your colleagues' lunch boxes and the best sleep you get during office hours.
Do you work for in the Railway Ministry (diesel specialization) for Laloo Prasad ? Normal people lose their jobs for stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
So guys and all beautiful young ladies, here I come - vrooooooom - if young guys believe that all young ladies will
not give the second look then ok -phut-phut-phut.
I'll give you this - singular dedication to the fairer sex. Sanjeev Kumar would be proud!

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th January 2006 at 00:34.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey, welcome aboard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I have plenties of hobbies, but ones I like most is eating and sleeping.
Ah, a man after my own heart!!!
Old 6th January 2006, 10:04   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I'll give you this - singular dedication to the fairer sex. Sanjeev Kumar would be proud!
Who is Sanjeev Kumar? Serious. Is he a member here? confused???

BTW Mr. Jat, the "token" was also issued in Chandigrah and Ludhiana in those days and it was first issued for 8 annas and later for Re. 1.

Also Re. 1 was a lot of money then considering you could get lunch for less.
Old 6th January 2006, 10:11   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Who is Sanjeev Kumar? Serious. Is he a member here? confused???
kya yaar navin ??? remember sholay ??? thakur ( the inspector ) who lost his hands at the hands of gabbar singh .. actually its Late sanjeev kumar ..
Old 6th January 2006, 10:19   #7
Team-BHP Support

I've not seen Sholay yet. I have heard of it and yes have seen a few scenes including one with him so now I know who Sanjeev Kumar is. Was he a ladies man? Sorry I dont see movies (expect when I'me taking my son to one) so dont know.

Guess when my peers were dating and seeing movies etc i was doing stuff like retrofitting a mono tape player with a stereo head and modifying it for use in a Premier Padmini.

Last edited by navin : 6th January 2006 at 10:22.
Old 6th January 2006, 10:33   #8
BHPian

hello n welcome jat boy

i think this was the longest post ever made in TEAM BHP
:-)
Old 6th January 2006, 10:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey welcome sir,
well all i can say is my dad owned a vijay super too in his hey days...and it was a sight and still his favorite...enjoy your stay...
Old 6th January 2006, 10:55   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the Team-BHP, Jat. I can tell its going to be nice reading your posts around this community.

You have very well described the era you come, and count me in to the group that thinks the 60's & 70's were far superior to todays times.

Quote:
Come to think of it - ladies are quite similar.
ROTFLMFAO! You have done me for the day, Steeroid.

GTO
Old 6th January 2006, 11:14   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome welcome JAT.
You're really funny. Honestly. Kabhi hamare ghar bhi aana. Please dont feel shy ICE section, gully no 3, house no 2..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
young ladies..
ladies...
beautiful ladies.....
young and beautiful ladies...
fairer sex...
Wah wah, fairly single tracked mind.
Quote:
..when my peers were dating and seeing movies etc i was doing stuff like retrofitting a mono tape player with a stereo head and modifying it for use....
Old 6th January 2006, 11:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP Mr. Jat ..
My dad had a 175cc (i think) Rajdoot scooter .. god it was soooo heavy and rugged ..
Old 6th January 2006, 11:30   #13
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Jat!

We have many similarities...

I was born in the 60s...
My first vehicle was Hero Cycle for good 4 years...
My first motor vehicle was my dad's Lambretta, which I drove for 5 years.
Old 6th January 2006, 11:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Quote:
..when my peers were dating and seeing movies etc i was doing stuff like retrofitting a mono tape player with a stereo head and modifying it for use....
Hey, shouldn't it be 8 track or Meltrack or something?!

I wish I was born in the 50s. 19 years old at Woodstock, 20 something at a Led Zep or Sabbath concert, 20 something during the muscle car era...dream on...
Old 6th January 2006, 12:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I wish I was born in the 50s. 19 years old at Woodstock, 20 something at a Led Zep or Sabbath concert, 20 something during the muscle car era...dream on...
Errrr v1p3r - dont romanticise about the past. How about driving leaky Ambassadors, going goo-gaa over Chevrolet Impalas with tailfins a few miles long, dreaming of buying a Fiat 1100 and generally living in an age where the Herald Convertible was 'hot' and so was every other vehicle because we didnt have a/c....not to mention the cool guys driving around in Rajdoot 175s with the Earls Fork. Or when looking hip meant driving the Bobby Bike that could barely cross 60kmph. Or worst of all having to drive a Suvega!

The only thing that was good at that age was that the Rupee could buy an equivalent number of dollars, or almost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks