Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 18:34   #1

From Across The Border.

Regards Teambhpians,

Lets get straight to the point then. I am Vicky from Dhaka, Bangladesh and I drive a Honda Integra Type R!

I form a part of a group called Club GT, which is one of the premier automotive clubs on Bangladesh. I hope someday I can drive across the border and come down to India and especially bombay to meet a dear friend and Bhpian who lives there.

I stumbled across TeamBHP a few years ago when I was looking at some street builds in a Red Honda Civic in Bombay and also recently after I heard oodles of praises for the Mahindra Thar. I hope mahindra launches them in Bangladesh soon!!

I shall leave you with a few pictures of my baby and also a few of Club GT. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
From Across The Border.-1.jpg  

From Across The Border.-2.jpg  

From Across The Border.-3.jpg  

From Across The Border.-4.jpg  

From Across The Border.-5.jpg  

Old 1st March 2011, 20:19   #2
BHPian

Re: From Across The Border.

Welcome aboard Vicky. That is one sweet ride you have there its really mesmerising.
Old 1st March 2011, 21:38   #3

Thank you for your comments. I also own a Toyota Carina GT which basically has the 4A-GE engine from the AE86 but is a 4 door family car. IMHO, the ultimate sleeper.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:41   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Vicky! Your Honda looks like consummate racer and it's wonderful to see plates in Bangla!

You should write up on the car scene in Bangladesh- am sure many of us will be interested in that.
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:08   #5

Well, the bangla tuner scene is quite different from India I see. Our cars are considerably better in terms of initial stock performance as we get JDM spec cars. I have heard from several friends in India that stock performances between the same cars in India and in Bangladesh is massive. Also, This is my Fifth Integra!
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:29   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Team-BHP, Vicky. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyb18b View Post
I hope someday I can drive across the border and come down to India...
I believe it is easier to come to India from Bangladesh than vice versa. Have often spotted Dhaka-registered cars in the past in Kolkata. However, my own attempt to drive across to Bangladesh came to nought some years ago because of strict Indian laws relating to export of cars out of India (I had subsequently visited Dhaka and Rangpur, travelling by air).

Since a majority of vehicles run on CNG in Dhaka, and all vehicles are converted to run on CNG (not factory-fitted CNG kits, except, I think, Bajaj auto-rickshaws), I wonder if you could give us some details relating to CNG conversion/usage there and your experience about it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks