Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 19:52   #1
BHPian

The wait is over

Hello all. After spending close to a couple of years lurking in the shadows of these forums, I have finally joined as a member. Here goes a brief about me.

Still on the right side of 30 (barely), the car bug bit me when I had just about stopped wetting my bed. This does not imply that it took me a long time to learn to control my bladder. That failed attempt at humour aside, I bought my first car at the age of 24 - gorgeous Premier Padmini 1100. I was in love with this car. This was my first touring car. With no A/C or power steering, it still amazes me that the 14 year old beauty (it was a 1991 model) behaved itself better than a few of the modern cars I have driven. Naturally, I was heart-broken when the car had to be sold. I was in the jungles of Africa and the car simply sat in the house rusting itself.

Africa was good to me in terms of cars. In the three years I spent there, I drove a handful of cars - Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda City, Kia Sephia, Hyundai Accent / Verna, Hyundai Sonata to name a few. I first broke the 100mph (162 kmph) speed barrier in the Hyundai Sonata on Africa's longest bridge - the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos. A good word about the Lancer. I inherited the Lancer at 1,20,000 km on the odo. Despite her age, she drove like a dream.

I got married, and moved back to India a couple of years ago. With no immediate job offers in hand, my wife and I decided to make the most of the time. We bought the Bolero SLX in August 2009 and made a run to Ladakh. Those 17 days were the most adventurous 17 days of our lives. The car was brilliant. No mountain was too high. No stream was too deep. She laughed in the face of cold starts. She munched up 6735km and did not even burp.

While currently employed as a salesman who sells software (or a Business Development Manager as the industry likes to call it), my wife and I take time out at least one weekend a month to hit the roads. Jog Falls, Suryalanka, Srisailam, Nagarjuna Sagar, Patna, a failed attempt at Pondicherry - all these have been done in the course of the last one year in my trusted steed.

Other than travel and cars, I have a new-found love of photography. Wherever I go, my camera follows. I used to be an avid reader, not so much anymore.

That more or less sums me up. Hope to enrich myself with the experiences / thoughts / ideas of this community and contribute as well.
Old 15th March 2011, 23:39   #2
BHPian

Re: The wait is over

Hi
Welcome buddy. So can i expect your travelogues very soon. Cheers
Old 15th March 2011, 23:42   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard lucifer1881.
I liked your one weekend a month travel plan :-)
btw, What does lucifer1881 signifies? your DOB?
Old 15th March 2011, 23:46   #4
BHPian

Welcome to TBhp!

Reading your introductory thread it seems quite clear that we can have a lot to look forward to. Do write some travelogues as the places do seem pretty interesting. And your humor could just be the cherry on the cake .

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 16th March 2011, 00:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Welcome buddy. So can i expect your travelogues very soon. Cheers
Thank you. Yes, I am usually quite prompt at putting up my travelogues. Since April has two long weekends, a trip or two is definitely in the offing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Welcome aboard lucifer1881.
I liked your one weekend a month travel plan :-)
btw, What does lucifer1881 signifies? your DOB?
Thanks. lucifer1881 does indeed signify my DoB. 18 June 1981.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Welcome to TBhp!

Reading your introductory thread it seems quite clear that we can have a lot to look forward to. Do write some travelogues as the places do seem pretty interesting. And your humor could just be the cherry on the cake .

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Thank you for the kind words. I sure hope I have good stuff to contribute.
Old 16th March 2011, 00:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats quite an intro. You seem to have had your share of adventure over the years. Since you love travelling, I'm sure you have documented that Ladakh trip properly. It would nice to see you share this trip and your many others on the forum. Would make for a great read and since you have a knack for photography, the photos would be the icing on the cake.

Do take a stop by the Announcements to familiarize yourself with the workings of the forum. Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:06   #7
BHPian

Another Bolero wala Welcome Lucifer...Do write your driving experiences in Bolero. Enjoy your stay here and Drive safe.

CHeers,
Rajesh
Old 16th March 2011, 11:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thats quite an intro. You seem to have had your share of adventure over the years. Since you love travelling, I'm sure you have documented that Ladakh trip properly. It would nice to see you share this trip and your many others on the forum. Would make for a great read and since you have a knack for photography, the photos would be the icing on the cake.

Do take a stop by the Announcements to familiarize yourself with the workings of the forum. Looking forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you for the welcome. I would love to share the Ladakh travelogue. The photos, however, have a tragic story of their own. We lost one of our memory cards during the trip - about 600 or so photos. There are a few good photos still with me, which I will share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Another Bolero wala Welcome Lucifer...Do write your driving experiences in Bolero. Enjoy your stay here and Drive safe.

CHeers,
Rajesh
The Bolero is quite the machine, isn't she? Especially for someone like me who does not like to slow down for speed bumps or potholes.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:36   #9
BHPian

Welcome aboard Lucifer1881. Great to see more Hydeez joining T-BHP.

Do join us for our next Hydeez drive meet on the 27th.

The link for details could be found here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-meets-18.html

Regards
Shashi.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:08   #10
dot
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! Looks like you are living a life which many of us simply dream of. Looking forward to read your travelogues.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:06   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome onboard Lucifer. Thats quite a interesting life you have led till date. There's an active Hyderabad member ( Milecruncher) who was until a week ago a Bolero Storm owner and he too did a similar trip to Ladakh around the same timeframe.

Now, he is getting himself a Getaway. Maybe you guys can swap some interesting stories.

Do make a quick pitstop to rules of the board and have a great time here.

P.S: We seem to share the same profession.

Cheers
Mobike008
Old 17th March 2011, 15:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Finally you joined.

Welcome to TBHP, Rohit and I'm sure you'll have a good time here.

The Hydeez (that's what the Hyderabadi Junta calls itself) are quite an active bunch and do have regular meets http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...011-meets.html. Do join us some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There's an active Hyderabad member ( Milecruncher) who was until a week ago a Bolero Storm owner and he too did a similar trip to Ladakh around the same time frame.

Now, he is getting himself a Getaway. Maybe you guys can swap some interesting stories.
Sirji, we both know each other. As a matter of fact if you check lucifer's profile, you'll see me as one of the influencers for him joining TBHP

And we travelled from more or less from the same region of Hyd (me - Punjagutta and lucifer - Ameerpet) around the same time (Sep 2009) in similar vehicles (Bolero). Only difference was he started from Manali and ended in Srinagar while we did the other way.

Cheers
Old 17th March 2011, 15:40   #13
BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome .

@mobike008: There is an interesting story over how MileCruncher and I met. We officially came across each others handles on an internet forum. We PMed each other. Then one fine day we were both driving along Raj Bhavan Road at 8:45 in the morning. I noticed a Black Bolero which reminded me of the picture MileCruncher had put up. I noticed the licence plates and indeed the plates were the same. He noticed my Bolero too. We both parked to the side of the road and met for the very first time.

@MileCruncher: Will surely make it to TBHP Hydeez meet. I was also thinking of making the most of the two long weekends in April. What say?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks