Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 21:53   #1

HowVroomdy!

I am owned by the Bluemobile, the 1.6S for a year now since I was 31. And since then it has been a routine - climb down the stairs, look at her... and fall in love. Can't get enough of her, be it just looking at her or getting behind her wheel. Many thanks to Team BHP for helping me with my decision to choose the right partner, ever since I got behind the wheel of her clone in September of 2008 in a showroom in Pune (Pune's where I live). Too many since!

Okay, so I am a graphic designer (I see Dippy a lil' interested) turned instructional designer (I design e-learning courses). Sounds cool eh! Nah... being here is better! When not working, I day dream. And I am good at that. Very detailed. Trust me. But that's all in office.

So what brings me to Team BHP? Well two things. One, besides the common interest shared here, I would like to use this forum to bring about interest in automobiles which are otherwise considered not feasible in our market, or simply because they ain't popular. Take the Fusion for instance. I only wish it weren't discontinued by Ford! And then maybe we will have a vehicle for every soul. Amen!
Two, travelogues. Most of my growing up happened while dad was in the Indian Air Force. The different places, people, history and cultures and Kendriya Vidyalaya's make me feel at home at almost every place in this country, although I do not like to feel-at-home too long! The BHP during growing up came from dad's 1974 Bullet (on which he did Srinagar-Mumbai by himself - I may put a travelogue of that) and a second-hand 1966 Fiat 1100D (no not the one with reverse-swinging front doors, the regular Bombay taxi) which took us through most of our postings (few travelogues there too - will need to scan old photos).

Besides this, I have a 2008 Getz 1.3 GLS, which has been so satisfying, so prudent. I look forward to a K&N and miltek for the 1.6S (so there's loads of reading and interacting), and a new set of tyres for the 1.3 GLS (after spending some time on "Advice").

So, apologies for the long intro and thanks again for letting me into the coterie!

Cheerio!
Ashwitz
Old 24th March 2011, 20:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: HowVroomdy!

Hi,
Welcome abroad.

What was the thought process behind having cars with different personalities, the 1.6s and the Getz.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 24th March 2011, 20:46   #3
BHPian

Hi Ashwitz,
Welcome aboard. Your intro sure made for interesting reading. SPeaking of Kendriya Vidyalaya and the various postings are you by any chance a defence brat.....
regards
salil
Old 25th March 2011, 16:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Welcome abroad.

What was the thought process behind having cars with different personalities, the 1.6s and the Getz.

Regards
Sutripta
Hi Sutripta,
Thanks.
Hmmm, good question there!
In the beginning there was the Swift ZXi, which I had my heart set on (it makes for a beautiful 1st car, doesn't it?). But it was slightly above my budget, no discounts, and a helluva wait for the silver. Then there was the Getz 1.3GLS. Silver again, does what a Swift can do (more or less) and was cheaper and quite a looker. This was October of 2008. No Fiat Punto, no i20, no VW Polo.

However a little before the beginning I took a TD of the 1.6S (Sep 2008), I simply fell for it. But then, it was simply out of my budget. So, I waited till Dec 2009 and on the 27th of Dec, I got her.

I drive the Getz. 1.6S drives me!
Old 25th March 2011, 16:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scphanse View Post
Hi Ashwitz,
Welcome aboard. Your intro sure made for interesting reading. SPeaking of Kendriya Vidyalaya and the various postings are you by any chance a defence brat.....
regards
salil
Hi Salil,

Thanks.
Yes, me am a def. brat. Dad was in the Indian Air Force. So, KVs are a natural thing, so are postings.
You too a KV'ite and/or def. brat?

Cheers!
Ashwin
Closed Thread

Most Viewed