Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2006, 17:09   #1

Hello Car lovers... need some advice plz...

Ok now... neat place and some good stuff you got in here... I am quite pleased... as for myself.. the name is Adel...I am from Calicut, currently at University in Bradford, UK.
I have a 3month summer vacation which I am really looking forward to, I was thinking of getting myself some wheels, something in the lines of Soft Top Gypsy or Mahindra Classic, well basically sporty sporty roadworthy with some good looks ok now I have a few quesries to begin with, I have quite a low budget, 80-100,000 Rs. , I can see quite alot of faces go twisted now hehe.. ok anyways... yes I wanted to know with the sort of cash at hand is is advisable to go for a used car ... and also that I will have to neatly wrap it up for a good 9months before I use it again, I really don't want my car to go dead when I start her up the year after!!!
Please everyone out there I would really value your comments... really looking forward to hearing from all of you...
Regards and Best Wishes...
Adel

Last edited by adel123 : 14th January 2006 at 17:11.
Old 14th January 2006, 18:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
You may be able to get a Daewoo Matiz or a Daewo Cielo for that kinda money.
Old 14th January 2006, 18:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hello bro.. welcome to teambhp.. with 100,000/- well you can get a gypsy or a mahindra.. but i doubt if you can get a classic.. a classic will be around 150,000.. anyways i dont know much about prices in Calicut but if you are leaving it unused for a year make sure the batteries are disconnected, the fule is kept to minimum and before starting the car get the oil changed... GTO can help in elling you about maintaining the classic if you get one for that price... take care and have fun
Old 14th January 2006, 19:08   #4

hey thnx guys...

and yes... gypsy soft top is ok.. well 150,000 is a little steep for me, I mean for the reason tht I will actually be wrapping it up for nearly a yr before I use it again... anyways and like are these roadworthy ... I mean like which year can I expect to get '95 ??? also I am ok with purchasing from Banglore or Mumbai for that matter, Bnglr is jus 6hours off, got friends there , apparently he purchased a Yamaha RX something 1100cc bike for 9 lacs a month back, and sold his modified lancer for 7 I guess...
anyways since I dont have that sort of cash to roll, I am looking small and cute... so its ok I mean if I change the oil and dc the battery and all, I believe that my car wont die, cause lots of ppl keep telling me if an old car is kept unused for along while then it usually dies down...

do pls fill me with any more info guys...
will really help..
bye for now...
adel..
Old 14th January 2006, 19:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adel123
... so its ok I mean if I change the oil and dc the battery and all, I believe that my car wont die, cause lots of ppl keep telling me if an old car is kept unused for along while then it usually dies down...
Firstly, welcome to TBHP. Please go through the announcements section, et al.

Since you're going to be away for quite a while and the car will be under wraps I wouldnt suggest a diesel. Gypsy seems okay for your kind of use and you should get it for a good price as there isnt much of a resale value for it.

YOu may also get a Contessa for a budget of Rs.1 lakh...the petrol one. Thats about it, unless you want to consider a Matiz.
Old 14th January 2006, 19:36   #6

thnx Steer...

Yes a jeep segment is what I have in mind, Gypsy as long as I get a soft top with the rear seats facing front I am happy!!! and yes, I checked the price for Brand New Gypsy is abt 4.5 lac... so like which model should I be on the watch for ???and yes most gypsy's I notice come with CNG fittings are they any good for a car which is going to hibernate all year ??
these are 2 Jeeps I saw for sale, would really appreciate if someone with the expertise could go thru it and suggest whether the specs sound ok, apparently its quite an old model...

http://www.adpost.com/in/vehicles/22...643f3807be7798

http://www.adpost.com/in/vehicles/1413/

http://www.adpost.com/in/vehicles/1519/

and yea , I know this sounds silly, but anyway of ripping off the hard top and making it soft top ???

waiting to hear from u all !!!
bye!!
Old 14th January 2006, 20:03   #7

Ok guys, apparently maybe I should introduce myself a bit more
Born and brought up in the Middle East, came to Calicut after my 10th class and fell in love with it, during my 12th class board exams I gave my driving test !!! sure wanted to get a license when I was 18 itself!!! must say with a bit of pride the test inspector or whoever was quite pleased with my driving and complimented me right away...
cruised about alot in my aunt's Alto, cute car, but lacks power, then had some real good times with a Qualis my uncle took on hire... then time had come for me to make tracks, and come down to UK, doing BSc(Hons) Business and Management Studies, University of Bradford School of Management, ok and yes got my 1st sem exams this friday so all plz all of you make sure to remember me in your prayers...
We had a Caprice Classic in the Gulf,,,, a ship of a car, used to be a good spacious family car... sucks petrol but works there... then last yr bought a Brand New 2005 Model Mitsubishi Pajero... and she rocks as well!!! 2 weeks back when I went to my family for christmas hols.. went cruising at 120kmph, well family was in the car so I couldnt hit any more, and also I havent got a driving license there... anyways dad rocketed to a 180kmph and had a constant speed of 160 for 2hours... roads there are simply beautiful!!!
well now that I am here.. saved up some cash working part time and all, so was jus thinking of getting a jeep next time I go for vacation, so thats how the whole Gypsy and M Classic comes to picture...
now that I have introduced myself in quite some detail...I am off to hit my books.!!!
bye!!!
Old 14th January 2006, 22:33   #8

oh come on guys!!! where are you all!!! its suppose to be saturday night, I know everyones got plans.. but do make sure those replies keep coming...

I read the announcmement post by GTO, I was actually scared if it was because I was not following the format or something that no one is replying, apparently I don't really know if this is the place to ask of a few doubts and receive comments and all, but I am sure if it is not you all have the heart to forgive me... don't forget I am a new mwmber here!!!
ok so waiting to know more of my Gypsy or whichever suited Jeep!!!
BYe!!!
adel
Closed Thread

Most Viewed