Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 14:20   #1

Thank you for accepting me as a part of Team-BHP.

A Brief journey from BSA street cat – SX4

I am 1980 Model and consider myself a patriot, that’s why I have a stamp of dearindia.
The first memories of a wheeled machine I have is of my father’s white & blue lambretta. I really love those nostalgic memories of pillion riding on steppny on dusty road of Faridabad in early 80’s.

My first cycle was an old but very cute Hero cycle which everyone in my extended family had learnt cycling on and was passed on to me as legacy. My second cycle was BSA street cat however and I cannot forget it as I really had to convince my father a lot to get it.

Few years went by then came the time of Bajaj Scooters (88/89), we had 2 super scooter. Lambretta was aging so was permanently garaged and I never got a chance to ride it. So my first wheeled machine ride was Bajaj Super I think I was in class 6th then.

Years went by, It was year 1998 when felt a need for Motorcycle and the research started. RX100 was no longer in production RXG and few other Yamaha models where non performers. Samurai was just not good enough. So it was between Splendor, Shogun and Shoalin. (Still thinking, how clearly it is coming back to me). I went in favor of Four stroker and a better performer, also to be honest I was in love with the metallic dark grey with green stripes model of splendor. So I bought my first motorbike in 1999 as mom’s gift, Dad never agreed to fund the purchase. After a year of owning it, I modified it a little myself.

Circa 2003, I thought I need to upgrade, the choice was between CBZ & Eliminator, I went for CBZ,loved it’s the raw power, however could not keep the Bike for forever as it was stolen in 2005.

I think I am stretching it a lot, so let me just briefly put together my partnership with 4 wheelers till date. First car which family owned was M800 (89) and I think I started driving when I was in 8th Class (I must be around 14).From there on it’s been Zen (for 10 yrs )and now SX4 (last 2 yrs).

I love motorcycles over cars, ironically do not own a bike currently. Future plan is to definitely buy some hot wheels.

Last edited by dearindia : 18th April 2011 at 14:48. Reason: to rub some silly mistakes
Old 18th April 2011, 14:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Thank you for accepting me as a part of Team-BHP.

Welcome to the forum

Please do not copy paste your posts from an external editor like MSWord, since it leaves behind formatting tags that have to be removed manually. Notepad works fine.

All the best, and see you around !
Old 18th April 2011, 14:40   #3

Re: Thank you for accepting me as a part of Team-BHP.

Thanks Eddy, done the correction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks