Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 19:19   #16
BHPian

re: Ahhh, Finally the Marriage - Maruti Ritz VDi EDIT: Now sold!

Congrats on your ride.

Have the same car, even I'm kicking myself for not opting for the ABS version as I do some highway driving on it. The only way to improve safety I feel is to opt for thicker and stickier rubber.

Personally I just love the car, I like its short throw of the gear box, I can easily cruise at 140kmph on the highway, it has good GC. Overall I feel its a practical swift.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:18   #17
BHPian

Can not stop laughing at the way you have described the initial experience. Just brillant.

I wish i had read your posts on some threads that your almost buying the Ritz this month and your not getting any offers, would have helped with a couple of contact details to get a few things as freebies.

Anyways no worries, Happy you've chosen the right car, Please keep us posted with all details

Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 22:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Congrats on your ride.

Have the same car, even I'm kicking myself for not opting for the ABS version as I do some highway driving on it. The only way to improve safety I feel is to opt for thicker and stickier rubber.
Thanks.

Trust me i find myself asking the same question time and again as to why did i buy it without ABS

But can't help now, so living with it

As you said she is a practical swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Can not stop laughing at the way you have described the initial experience. Just brillant.

I wish i had read your posts on some threads that your almost buying the Ritz this month and your not getting any offers, would have helped with a couple of contact details to get a few things as freebies.

Anyways no worries, Happy you've chosen the right car, Please keep us posted with all details

Cheers
Thank you nash

Well for the freebies part of it, i did enquire and everybody said there are none available on any of the diesel variants

So left it at that

Regarding the updates and pictures, it will take atleast 3 weeks
Old 1st October 2018, 12:48   #19

After 7x years & with over 1.5 lakhs KM's, the Ritzie bid final goodbye to us

With fond memories of travelling to unkown places, night runs to Kerala, Bangalore darshans every weekend (Chikkathirupathi to Nagharbhavi), she has taken us thru many situations

Never broken down! or has left us stranded

In-fact, the only issue with it was the rattling which eventually after 500 kms of every service would return to haunt us

On her last day with us, she was as much in stock condition (except for the tyres) as she was bought home

Things which were changed in these 7x years of ownership;

1. Clutch assembly

2. Gear assembly (It had developed a play and slotting into Reverse became a real pain)

3. Tires (twice) (Michelin Energy when she was sent away with the new owner)

4. Complete suspension (Maruti advised to change only 1x (LR), but I was of the opinion that if we go that way, we change it all)

5. Gear Knob

6. Horn

7. Glow plugs (starting in winters was becoming painful for the Ritzie)

In her place has come in the new Nexon!

Large shoes to fill in for the Nexon, after my experiences with the Ritzie & Maruti

Good thing! She shall always be in the pages of Team BHP! forever
Attached Thumbnails
Ahhh, Finally the Marriage - Maruti Ritz VDi EDIT: Now sold!-ritzie.1.jpg  

Ahhh, Finally the Marriage - Maruti Ritz VDi EDIT: Now sold!-ritzie.2.jpg  

shyam.n10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks