Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 09:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

1 Year & 10K clicks on "My Scirocco" - Getz Prime GLS

Its been over a year and 10000+ Kms of happy motoring with Getz Prime, "My Scirocco". Me and my wife loved the car when we first saw her in the stockyard but if it's about cars, I am the 'Better Half'. I knew at the time I was probably buying a "has been" ride, but as most of us have realized, mind seldom triumphs once heart enters the arena!! I drool often on a clean hatch than a pimped sedan. Anybody who shares this craze should agree that Volkswagen Scirocco, which means "Rare" is probably one of the best looking cars if not the best hatch in the world. In the last year or so, I have tried to make my Getzy resemble this rare breed, at least in my eyes.
My first car did 8000Kms in about 20 months and this baby has already shattered the 10000Kms in less than a year and she's not perched at a pretty 10287!! It's been a trouble free ownership and have loved every moment of it. Now then, I would classify my review in a more traditional manner:

'G' Bills:

I had a hassle free ownership of my first car and guess these blessings seem to have poured into the ownership of Getz as well. I had to visit the workshop only once other than the scheduled slot for a minor issue. To be precise, I have spent just about INR 1364/- in the last 1 year on my Getz and I got the bills to prove it!! She is honestly a no non-sense car and seems to impress me more by the day.

'G' Build & Comfort:

Anyone who has sat in a Getz would appreciate 2 things immediately. Space and Sound(or should I emphasize soundless) travel. The car is so well put together that its hard to believe its an Indian hatch. There have been times when I can almost hear the caller's voice if someone's on a call at the rear with the windows raised. The AC blower is almost inaudible if set to the speed 1 or 2. Getz prime has a rear bench reclination which just adds to the comfort. The rear passengers have a couch like seating position and end up dozing on long drives. The fake wood finish on the dash has been criticized by many but I find it quite good and easy to clean. The insulation inside is so good that it almost becomes eerie once the glasses are raised. All in all, it only justifies the fact that this was the car that brought the "Premium Hatch" batch into Indian market.

'G' Engine & Performance:

For long, motor heads have critiqued this 1.3L mill for its performance. But the ones who have owned and driven this car for a while would support my contradiction. Take my word on this folks, this is no slouch. In my understanding, Hyundai have more or less retained the tall gearing of international Getz on the Indian version and on the highway runs, this just comes into its own. She may not be the quickest off the line, but sure's hell she can almost run all day long. The torque is quite meaty and drivability within the city is excellent. AC has very little effect on the engine load. I have managed to clock about 160Km/hr with AC running and 3 on board. This engine needs to be whipped for it to gallop and once she is in the mood, gallop she does!!

'G' Economy:

This came as a pleasant surprise to me since I never thought I would be one of the "Kitna Deti hai" type. I have never really bothered about mileage from my bike days and only revved the car for the true fun of it. With the fuel price rising like the crime rate in Delhi of-late, I had to give into this mileage mantra.
The Best - 17km/L
Worst - 11.5Km/L

'G' Mods Performed:
- All round body colored beadings
- Rear bumper black coloring to simulate a sports kit
- 14" 6J All Black Plati Premium Alloys
- 195/60 R14 Marangoni Rubber
- All round White lights
- Philips 90/100 Vision plus head lights
- Philips Xenon Fogs
- Pioneer 4190 SD head Unit, Bull audio speakers and 10" Xplod Sub

'G' Conclusion:

First thing's first, apologize for a really long post, there was no way I could cut this shorter. Over a year's ownership of the 'Premium Hatch' badge flag-bearer, I have done some minor modifications to my liking. Contrary to popular belief, I have realized that a white car is easier to maintain than a dark colored one. What makes it further special is that fact that its like a blank sheet where you can probably sketch out your designs without any inhibition.

Some of the latest pics of 'My Scirocco' to sign off the post
Attached Thumbnails
1 Year & 10K clicks on "My Scirocco" - Getz Prime GLS-dsc02865.jpg  

1 Year & 10K clicks on "My Scirocco" - Getz Prime GLS-dsc02869.jpg  

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th July 2011 at 09:49. Reason: Spell Check
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks