Team-BHP - Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/10490-fiesta-1-6-sxi-abs-163-500-kms-9-years-family-4.html)

hi members who r complaining about the squeaking noise frm the rear of the car:mad: just get ur rear bumper tightened up properly i think thats what causes the noise even my car had that problem now its dissappeared:)

Guys... I just took 1.6Sxi delivery with ABS... I would say it is a mini COROLA... I have earlier used 800CC Alto... FIesta is a like Big Feeling with High power, ABS & Solid Looks and Body.

One of the problem I feel after driving especially in crowded signals is that when I move from 1st to 2nd there is a jerk & engine looks to struggle. I don't know if Iam doing something wrong over here.

I would rate the following as Greats.

1. Engine pulling Power
2. Aircon is excellent.
3. Beautiful Rear Cabin lights designed to avoid Rear to driver during night times.
4. Worth paying additional 80K for ABS, Driver seat adjustment, 6CD changer, Allow wheels , Rear Seat folding, Keyless entry..

I love the riding comfort. I would advice people going for Zxi to convert that into Sxi.

Any idea on Fuel Efficiency ?.. I do travel 40Kms in city everyday. For me the Fuel is Tax exempted. So not worried for now.

wont regret buying the car kcsbalaji :) i get a mileage of about 11kms/ltr in mumbai city with full time ac on and on highways i got a mileage of about 14-15kms/ltr(100% ac) recently,as regarding the jerking even i had this prob initially,i think u have ro race the car a bit more it will work fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi members just returned frm my native place udupi a trip of 15 days had taken my car(fiesta 1.6sxi) totally covered 3000kms with 80%highway driving and 20% city (with very bad roads in udupi and mangalore)
got a mileage of about 14-15km/litreclap:(100% ac on)

wow man! give me some tips. I seem to get always between 11 and 12 either in city or highway. I made 2 trips from chennai to bangalore and back. Due to some reasons i had to reach bangalore in a very short time and also get back. So i drove as fast as i can and the speed that the road takes. Was keeping the needle above 110kmph most of the time and sometimes i was near 150-165kmph wherever possible. I got 11.3kmpl. I was dreaming to get 14kmpl. Probably if i drive inside of 90kmph then i shall get it. Anyways please tell me about how you drive.

I tend to go to 5th gear as soon as possible and stay there as long as it is possible and i change gears near 2500-3000RPM.

Fuel that i used is XtraPremium (onward) and Shell (return). In this last feel i am getting close to 12.3kmpl driving 50km back and forth from chennai with 20kms in traffic and 30kms on the highway.

hi land cruiser while driving on highways the speed i drove was frm 90-110kms/hr occasionally crossing 130kms(parents along with me so couldnt clip more than this :))

Hi Pals,

I stay in NOIDA and took delivery of a Fiesta sxi with ABS in March end. The dealer was Southcity Ford. I wish to share with you my experiences with the dealer:

1. Right from the day one, i was made to feel that i was being done a great favor that the dealer was willing to sell me a car. It was in a sharp contrast with my dealings with several Maruti dealers, all over India.

2. The sales man, some Maheshwari, finally offered me some discounts and a free Waxoyl treatment. However, he and the dealership tried very hard that i do not get it by delaying the treatment....even claiming that the treatment was done when it was not. It was only when i really kicked their dirty butts too hard, it was done. But by then, i had wasted so much of my weekends that it left me wondering if it was really worth it. Lo, when finally the treatment was being done and i was sincerely assured that i am the *KING*, i discovered that they were about to start the treatment without even bothering to give the car a wash. Some red carpet it was. Again, i had to introduce their behinds to my shoe.

3. Now comes the first service. I decided to avail of their facility of free pick and drop of the car for service. It was a mistake as i soon realized. Hardly anything was done apart from giving the car a wash and dashbord polish. There was no swiftness in the car that one normally feels after the car has been serviced recently. I cursed myself, the Ford company, the dealer.... for having sent my car there.

4. Time arrived for the second service. The car was feeling so sluggish that i decided to get it serviced at 4200 KMs, without waiting for 5000 KMs to be over. This time, i took the car to the dealer myself. There i was informed that the policies of the dealer do not permit them to let the car owner be near his/her car. Not to say, it further strengthened my confidence in Ford, the delaer, and the quality of service. After much bickering, i was granted the special permission (and it is granted only once in 5 years, mind you) to visit my car a few times while she was getting serviced. To my horror, i discovered that the free services do not include any oil change (not even top ups), no oil or air filter change......effectively nothing. All they *claim* is that they tune the ECM. Some service. And that far from over people. It takes them to sevice a car thus 6-7 hours. A day killed. After two days of driving my newly serviced car, i realized that they had actually screwed up the ECM settings of the car. There was a lot of upheaval in the idling of the car and not to mention, the mileage has reduced. This was the last time that i am having any contact with this dealership.

To add insult to injury, the attitude of the people at this Ford dealrship is outright atrocious. Some customers/fellow-sufferers told me it is more or less true with all Ford dealerships.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALER. please: PLEASEplease: . FOR HER SAKE.

Juggernaut aka Abhiram

hi juggernaut sorry to hear ur experience with ur respective dealer but my experience has been quite opposite with my ford dealer (shaman ford) mumbai clap:

Hi Juggernaut, try servicing ur car at other ford dealerships next time & also try contacting the ford consumer care.they may be helpful.

hey juggernaut - a few colleagues from my office are also complaining about SouthCity Ford - saying that they are very slick while selling you the car, and absolutely un-concerned afterwards.

while others had a better A/S/S experience with Harpreet Ford - you could try them out ..

suman has had a long interaction with fords in delhi - perhaps he could help out better here ...

guys,

I am going in for my car's first service and have been very impressed by South City Ford's Noida branch in terms of their follow ups to ensure I get the car serviced. I even got a postcard sent at my residence reminding me about my service.

The car purchase and delivery process as I have mentioned has been good. Hence, my experience so far with this dealer has been very good. More update after the service. The car is doing great and am glad me got one.

-Sumit

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitsingh
I am going in for my car's first service and have been very impressed by South City Ford's Noida branch in terms of their follow ups to ensure I get the car serviced. I even got a postcard sent at my residence reminding me about my service.

It's no big deal - most dealers today do that. My MUL dealer keeps a tab on my service dates/periods and reminds me to get the service done. Post service, they call up to check how the car feels and what I think about the service. While it is a good thing, I would not assume that the dealer's service is great, just because he reminds me about my service schedule. What finally matters is how he services the car.
Let's hope you have a good experience with SouthCity unlike @Juggernaut. Do update this thread about your service experience with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitsingh
guys,

I even got a postcard sent at my residence reminding me about my service.

-Sumit

:OT The honda service people for my sccot honda activa call me up & also send a post card reminding me of service dates, insurance renewals.also they ring up 2 days after delivery ofthe scooter after service about waht the customer felt abt hte service

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
suman has had a long interaction with fords in delhi - perhaps he could help out better here ...

Well, I've always been a customer of Harpreet Ford in Vasant Kunj and have had pleasant experiences so far.

I wasn't too impressed with South City Ford on Mathura Road either when I was looking for a test drive - took them weeks to arrange one, Harpreet had the car across the next day. Stay away from South City Ford then Juggernaut, try out HF for the next round, PM me and I'll give you a couple of references there.

Even without references, they are treating Fiestas with extra care and respect as I understand there is some directive to that effect from the company. I've gone through two services and on both occasions, the Service Manager personally checks out your complaints once the supervisor & mechanic have completed their bits and this particular gentleman actually takes the trouble of explaining what had happened and how they checked it out/rectified it, point by point. He then takes you on a test drive to ensure your satisfaction. I had given him a long list of minor niggles on my second service in April which were attended to quite effectively.

By the way, my mileage has suddenly gone up (fingers crossed like crazy) in the past couple of weeks without any servicing etc having been done - engine is probably settling down now. Hopefully, when the 3rd service is done (due third week of July) and they do the first oil & filters change, it will improve further. But no complaints, 12 kmpl is more than enough for me......:)

Hi Everyone,

I just got my first service done and it went through without any drama. The only thing the dealership did was to check if everything is going well ..

The problem I had my car was moving towards the left side while driving and they seemed to have fixed that in the first service. At the dealership, incidentally found that there were two other people who had reported the same problem with their Fiestas.

Anyone of you facing or faced the same problem.

Got back delivery of the car as promised at the right time. Funny enough, I just realised one day later that the left rear view mirror just fell off somewhere, not the entire unit, just the mirror.. There are no scratches or any indication that something hit the car. I am beginning to suspect it just might be have been because of something else. I can't believe a mirror just falling out..

Any indications how much that might cost me..

Thanks and regards,
Sumit

The mirror is not glued to the assembly but there are some clips that are held by the assembly. Even, If you hit the assembly strongly with your hand, the mirror comes off. Happened to my Palio.

If the dealer says that they don't sell the mirror alone and suggests you to replace the whole assembly, don't do that. The mirror should be available with the local spare part dealers. Fiesta being a new car, may be you have to spend more time searching for it. I bought one for my Palio for Rs.150 and fixed it myself.