Team-BHP - Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Fiesta 1.6 SXI with ABS - 163,500 kms and 9 years with the family! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/10490-fiesta-1-6-sxi-abs-163-500-kms-9-years-family-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 361645)
Wow, thats a lot of driving, probably a diesel car would have made more economy for you..or maybe you have really deep pockets to the tune of 84K in a year ( 21000/12= 1750*Rs.48= 84,000);)

Well, I had two petrols earlier....that's one of the reasons why I hocked my Ikon 1.6 & switched to the Dicor.....pockets are a little fuller now:p . Besides, no diesels in that price range would have given me the adrenalin rush I got with this car...it was worth it!

Hey Suman,
nice review.
Couldn't help noticing that your car and our car were bought home on the same day.
Only ours is a diesel and has done 17,000km.
I'm planning to polish and wax it my self tomorrow in order to celebrate and ours also got hit by a 3 wheeler (not 2) and on the rear left fender. the dent is there and we don't plan to repair it as it doesn't look too ugly.
May the miles keep on coming!
cheers

Lambo, sorry to hear about the auto....they're like vermin aren't they, crawling all over the place!!!

Guys, quick update....car just came back from service, gleaming with the Waxoyl touch-up. Air Cleaner Filter, Oil Filter & Engine Oil changed, cost 1,157 plus VAT, Labour Cost for paid service 775 plus service tax, total cost (incl Service Tax & VAT) Rs 2230. Add that to the 700 last time around brings up a total of approx 3k in 21,000 kms which is 14 paise per km.

So much for the "expensive" cost of ownership for Ford vehicles etc etc........

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 361644)
Failure is not crime but low aim is. Aim for something better, dude! Unless you are planning for a straight line drag.

You have a very valid point there but I must confess this statement is more to evoke reactions from our VTEC owners fraternity (young or old, RED or silver.....) than anything else:D.....I mean a VTEC is Mecca isn't it, or so it seems..........

Nice review Suman. A healthy review i must say :Cheering:

@RX135 which car were you driving that day ? NHC ZX or ? And i will still say petrols can smoke diesels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 361644)
Failure is not crime but low aim is. Aim for something better, dude! Unless you are planning for a straight line drag.

OT: Sharing personal experience, maximum fun I have had, was smoking Elantra CRDi on 50 km stretch between Tuljapur-Solapur. I was rather disappointed later when I saw CRDi batch, thinking I smoked a diesel car with Petrol car. Nevertheless, it pumps in healthy 112 bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 362799)
@RX135 which car were you driving that day ? NHC ZX or ? And i will still say petrols can smoke diesels.

I think a Fiat Petra ( petrol version) which if i am not wrong pumps out 100bhp which is quite powerful as well when compared to 112bhp of an Elantra CRDI, so it was easy

See, a CRDI fan talking:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 362790)
Guys, quick update....car just came back from service, gleaming with the Waxoyl touch-up. Air Cleaner Filter, Oil Filter & Engine Oil changed, cost 1,157 plus VAT, Labour Cost for paid service 775 plus service tax, total cost (incl Service Tax & VAT) Rs 2230. Add that to the 700 last time around brings up a total of approx 3k in 21,000 kms which is 14 paise per km.

So much for the "expensive" cost of ownership for Ford vehicles etc etc........

You were lucky to have a decent service. Our car came bak pretty much the same interior and body wise even though i specified a full interior cleaning job.
Unfortuneately the driver went and picked it up alone.
Anyways, cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 362800)
I think a Fiat Petra ( petrol version) which if i am not wrong pumps out 100bhp which is quite powerful as well when compared to 112bhp of an Elantra CRDI, so it was easy

See, a CRDI fan talking:p

I beat diesel Scorpios hands down on highways (both on NH-5 and NH-7) in a fully loaded Petra. So it is very likely that a 100 BHP petrol can leave a 100+ BHP CRDI behind. From 0--> 100 KMPH I see 13+ seconds for Elantra, for Petra it is in the range of 10-11 secs. Also Petra has lot of reserve BHP and torque until 4000-5500 RPM (may be true for all petrol cars).

I regret not being able beat a Skoda and a Honda City on NH-9. The skoda was probably a petrol. This Honda city beat me in in gear acceleration, not sure if it was a VTEC(of course he took me off guard by starting the race and to be fair my car was more than fully loaded against one or two guys in NHC).

Am I going off topic.... excuse me.

Just a quick update guys - she’s completed 31,000 kms & gone through the 30k paid service last week. Cost was Rs 1,670 for oil, oil filter & labour. A pair of brake lights was replaced for Rs 170 odd a few weeks back, bringing up the total expenditure till date to Rs 4.8k, which is approximately 15.3 paise per km. Did I hear a "Jeeeezzzz, that’s EXPENSIVE, typical exorbitantly high Ford maintenance cost!!!!!!" (sorry, couldn't resist that one :p)

Apart from servicing costs, the following couple of items were replaced FOC under warranty between 21k & 31k –

1) There was a faint whine on idle which they detected as being a water pump bearing making a noise. No chances taken, water pump was replaced after getting clearance from Ford
2) The front right power window switch was occasionally sticking at the extreme “up” position, I told them to change it before it got worse so they replaced the entire control unit when it went for service last week.

They have also requisitioned (FOC under warranty) for a new Multi Information Display (which shows date, time & outside temperature) because after the heat wave here in Delhi, I suspected that it wasn’t providing an accurate reading for the outside temperature – I think they agreed as well. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week.

As you would have gathered from reading my ownership thread, I’m really satisfied with this car. If you step into the car & crank the engine, I don’t think you’ll feel that the car is almost 17 months old & has crossed 31k kms – it is smooth & noiseless (engine) and rattle & squeak free & pretty shiny as well (thanks to my driver). I just think it’s the good old Ford Build Quality (though some of our Ford basher friends may not agree) that is very very obvious on this vehicle. And remember, from October last year, it’s been in the hands of my driver, I’m only stepping in on weekends (but then he’s a pretty careful guy, treats it as he would his own car, keeps it CLEAN). There's a small indentation on the driver's door, caused by some lady reversing out of her parking slot in the Sarojini Nagar market without bothering to see what she was scratching on her left! Apart from that, its dent-free so far, touch wood!

On the mileage front, it continued to return a healthy mileage between 13 kmpl (best) & 9.5 (worst), with an average of 11.6 kmpl if we consider the period between end Jan (my last update) & now. One reason for the drop is the Delhi summers. To reiterate what I’d said in my earlier posts, to me, this is EXCELLENT – and far in excess of what I may have initially expected. (Oh, for those who are wondering how I keep rattling off these figures, its very simple - being a meticulous accountant, I keep separate spreadsheets for both my cars, FROM DAY ONE, with all relevant details).

Now, after 8 months of the "other" vehicle in my life, comes an important question - Would I use it for my Office haul? The answer is “No”, for that I need the truck for obvious reasons & it is less stressful too. But, which do I prefer using on the weekend evenings? No-brainer guys, its this beauty…..its such a pleasure ripping her & redlining her through the gears on the empty stretches late in the evening – there’s NO COMPARISON, no questions! The Duratec engine is simply brilliant and I love the way she handles. Make no mistake – she may not have the point & shoot capabilities of my earlier Cayman Blue companion but she is no slouch either, more so when you get to know her well enough to coax her to put out that little extra for you;) . Oh, and how could I forget the brakes – outstanding, even more so with the ABS/EBD, I can take the occasional chances because I’m confident of their capabilities.

So what is it that I still do not like about her? Ummm, I definitely think that the company could have provided better looking alloys and I do wish they’d put in 15 inchers – would have made the look much “tough”er though the mileage may have dropped a bit – so who would’ve cared? That’s it for the time being folks, will keep you updated as she chews up the next 10k interval. A parting statement to reiterate Rudra's recent point in another thread - my Ford after sales service workshop (HF in VK) have played a big role in keeping my car in the excellent condition it is in - they've been very cooperative & reasonable & quick to attend to anything I've put up to them. Its been a very satisfying relationship that is now over 5 years old.

Good to read your latest update, suman. This is defintiely going to be an eye-opener for those who keep ranting about Ford's high maintenance costs with no idea about how things actually are. Quoting examples of unaccounted for friends and so on is not helping either.

i agree with you about the alloys provided as standard by Ford on the Fiesta. Doesnt look classy, but not all that bad too.

The dealer service is a very important part of vehicle ownership, and a lot also depends on how we approach and react to them.

Thats nice write up Suman, well maintained cars last long and cost less on maintainance. All the best! Thats good FE as well for 1.6 engine.

Regards,

Ravi.

Thanks for the update, Suman. I too bought an sxi 1.6 3 months back. I just wanted to know if the alloys you have are the same as the alloys I have. Someone told me they have changed them this year. You can have a look at my car's alloys in my travelogue on my weekend trip to Srisailam.

Benny, Ravi, thanks guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 473251)
I just wanted to know if the alloys you have are the same as the alloys I have. Someone told me they have changed them this year.

Hey man, you are lucky, your alloys are different & look much better - how I wish they'd given this design from the beginning:Frustrati . Congrats on your new car, she looks good!

But that's one good thing I've noticed about Ford, right through its Ikon days & now with the Fiesta - they constantly keep making small changes based on customer feedback. And I guess they must have got a ear-full on the earlier SXI alloys:p

hi suman nice review,me also enjoying the experience of owning a fiesta

hi vnabhi those alloys are way better than what was provided earlier,have the old alloys on my car:mad:

Thanks Suma and yogi1771. Can I have a pic of your alloys?