Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 13:34   #16
BHPian

Re: 2007 Indica DLG Turbo - 48,000 KMS ownership report

Folks

wanted to give a quick update on the electrical issues over the last couple months.

Porblem STatement: Cold start has been an issue for a while.

Went to Green Track - They did the following:

1. Starter Overhauling - 2 times
2. Alternator Overhauling - 2 times
3. Overall electrical checkup - once

in the meanwhile, car also did the 50K service at GreenTrack, but issues continue to persist.

in the first week of Sep, Green tracks closed down, and Concorde Motors took over that business, and invested in some good experienced SAs and technitians.

Today, went back to that place, and the root cause of the original problem was figured out in less than 5 minutes. the Glow Plug Timer was not connected to the rest of the circuit. a simple wiring continuity issue. something we all learnt in the electrical practical lessons in Grade 7, or was it Grade 8.

bottomline, if the SA cannot root cause an issue correctly, we do costly repairs, and loose Time, Money, and most improtantly Trust on the service station, which adversely affects brand name.

Coming back to Concorde, now a new service station (erstwhile GreenTrack) is a service option - located bang at the end of silk board flyover, towards bommanhalli.
Old 24th September 2011, 13:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
do try system D. after using regularly for a few tankfulls, you'll see a marked importance in smoothness. And the plus points - agree entirely. I've had a battery replacement, and the other major job was an FIP overhaul, which i feel was not really needed, and made no difference. I get a mileage of 13ish myself, was worried if it was just me. Now I know its not

Happy cruising
Greenhorn.. trying at many places but not getting system D anywhere, any pointers?
Old 26th September 2011, 23:31   #18
BHPian

@bigvishnu, System D is now available in many places, you can goto JC Road, Enter the narrow road after few shops, there is a Shop called J.K. Automobiles, they are some wholesale and retail dealers of most of car components, you can find System D/G there.

You can also find in Kaveri Petrol Pump, opposite to Lal Bagh West Gate (or) if you are put up near my area (Ramamurthy Nagar), you can find in Bharat Petroleum Pump in Banaswadi opposite to a College (forgot college name).
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 03:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good thread. I own a 2006 Indica DLG it is up for 55k service this weekend. Had the tyre's chaned at 40k, upgraded to Bridgestone. Prerana motots TASS on OMR messed up my car pretty much. 2 services there and had to change by brake booster and battery dynamo was altered with. A local electrician opened it and showed me how the threads were tampered with.. :-(. That was the last of prerana for me and have been going to Sejal motors on ORR and they seem to be doing a decent job with the vehicle.

Can anyone of you tell me what System D is?
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 01:49   #20
BHPian

IFTEX System D is a fuel additive that keeps the injectors clean, helps in more complete combustion of fuel & reduces smoke. Recommended dosage is 1ml per litre of fuel.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:27   #21
BHPian

Folks

my electrical problems dont seem to have any end to them. 3 iterations of headlight repairs later, the headlamps have fused off again. not sure if i must give Green Track (not concorde) another chance. My wife uses this car, mostly in teh day,so dragging along, but it feels bad to have such repeat issues.
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Folks

my electrical problems dont seem to have any end to them. 3 iterations of headlight repairs later, the headlamps have fused off again. not sure if i must give Green Track (not concorde) another chance. My wife uses this car, mostly in teh day,so dragging along, but it feels bad to have such repeat issues.
Driving without a headlight is not a good option, you never know when you may need the car during the night.

You may have already mentioned this in the earlier thread, but does the headlight become very bright and then fuse? Do the low beam and high beam both fuse or only one of them when you switch from high to low and low to high?

I had a similar issue earlier, the fault was with the dynamo. Somehow after the car came back from service at Prerana motors, OMR, Bangalore, my headlights fused and i always drive at night due to the nature of my work in an US company. Got the bulbs changed, but they too fused. Took it to a Automobile electrical shop and they said the Dynamo is at fault and someone had tampered with it. Got it serviced for around 1.5k and its back to normal, so you may want to try this and avoid the TASS as they also get this kind of work done from outside, and for double the cost. Let me know if you need the contact details of the electrician.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK1 View Post
IFTEX System D is a fuel additive that keeps the injectors clean, helps in more complete combustion of fuel & reduces smoke. Recommended dosage is 1ml per litre of fuel.
I checked in the IOL fuel station and they mentioned they no longer keep stock of this one and he said it may be available in HP or Shell. Can any one confirm where this may be available near Marathalli, Bangalore?

MODS - Missed to do a multi quote.. Tried deleting this post after entering the request, but looks like there is no options. Please spare me an infraction on this one.. :-(

Last edited by dass : 23rd February 2012 at 20:00. Reason: Multi Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 15:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Driving without a headlight is not a good option, you never know when you may need the car during the night.

You may have already mentioned this in the earlier thread, but does the headlight become very bright and then fuse? Do the low beam and high beam both fuse or only one of them when you switch from high to low and low to high?

I had a similar issue earlier, the fault was with the dynamo. Somehow after the car came back from service at Prerana motors, OMR, Bangalore, my headlights fused and i always drive at night due to the nature of my work in an US company. Got the bulbs changed, but they too fused. Took it to a Automobile electrical shop and they said the Dynamo is at fault and someone had tampered with it. Got it serviced for around 1.5k and its back to normal, so you may want to try this and avoid the TASS as they also get this kind of work done from outside, and for double the cost. Let me know if you need the contact details of the electrician.
Dass, thanks for the idea. Can you please PM me the details of the electrician.

I took the car to concorde yesterday, and got the headlights issue fixed. It was a loose contact at the headlight relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I checked in the IOL fuel station and they mentioned they no longer keep stock of this one and he said it may be available in HP or Shell. Can any one confirm where this may be available near Marathalli, Bangalore?

MODS - Missed to do a multi quote.. Tried deleting this post after entering the request, but looks like there is no options. Please spare me an infraction on this one.. :-(
Everyone i ask is recommend that i forget SystemD and use Bhadral instead. is the quality / effeciency of cleaning same for both the additives?
Old 1st March 2012, 19:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have a bottle of bardahl with me which was sold to me by a TASC, - still not used it as i have my doubts as to how effective a one time treatment will be. I know the difference from not using system D ( the car becomes much rougher after 2 full tanks of regular diesel).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks