better sound insulation
3.no other choice apart from palio 1.2 then which i found too expensive
to run(by then i was a student)

Maintainance-
-------------
the car was regularly serviced at tata authorised service centers at 10,000km
service interval,apart from this no major maiantainance or breakdown till date
the ac condensor fan was blowing fuses last year but the problem was sorted out
but changing a faulty connector.only timing belt,tie end rod joint rhs,brake pads(3pairs)
and brake discs(at 1.05lakh kms) were changed due to general wear and tear
all other parts including the suspension,axles ,clutch plate are working as good as
in a new car.the ac was completely serviced last week (second time in car life)
and i was surprised to find almost full gas(my zen used to leak most of gas every season),
also gave the car a minor cosmetic upgrade this month by changing the lights to clearlens
type from indigo and 3 horizontal chrome slats on the grille(will post the pics later)and
dark black tints on the side glasses.the gearshift is not notchy but its getting loose day by day,
the performance is better than new car and the enigine sound is heavy and sounds
better than new indicas.

Advantages-
-----------
1.the fuel consumption -its very low compared to other car,the car can deliver unbeleivable
figures when driven with light foot,i once achieved 28.7kpl and 25.86 on another occassion
on a highway strech,but normally the car can deliver 20kpl under normal highway driving and
15kpl in delhi/noida/gurgaon traffic,worst figure ever observed is 8.1kpl(includes hours of
parked with ac on)in city traffic with extremely bad driving,the running costs of this car
are half of my other car the hyundai accent.
2. cheap spares and service- the spares and service is very cheap compared to all other cars
i changed my front brake disks for just Rs.1200(my accent's pads cost me more than 2k forget
about disks)
3.with tyres and rims changed to XXL size the stability is awesome,at 140 the car is so stable
that apart from engine noise and the speedo you cant guess the speed at driving seat.the brakes
can give complex to most cars equipped with abs,the car never skids on braking no matter how hard
you press the pedal(on gravel and wet its a different part)
4.being in low fuel consuming car you can drive the car in a lower gear and that can compensate for
the driveability deficit of a weak diesel car
5. the car is very spacious and the front seats are very comfy(i never sat on those rear seats)
6.the suspension though noisy is good over potholed roads with 205 size tyres its great compared to
other cars of the segement
7.the big car feel and feeling of being in safer car is hard beat by a car of this segement(except palio)

Disadvantages-
--------------
1.the suspension is tough to rims and bends the rims causing vibration on steering wheel
2.the performance is lazy especially the low end
3.the switchgear is poor
4.the panel gaps are so huge that (even a mouse can enter)
5.the black metallic paint is very tough to clean with a cloth
Old 26th February 2006, 01:55   #2
BHPian

hey anshuman.. nice report.. one question..
the ac condensor fan which was blowing fuses what was the reason for the fuse being shot. i have the same problem in my safari and it's happened twice in three days planning to take it to the workshop but wanna know what exactly
is the problem.
Old 26th February 2006, 02:08   #3
BHPian

Just wanted to know if u have had any electrical problems otherwise. My friends Indica keeps blowing a fuse all the time n the car shuts down, happens especially after a high speed run.
Old 26th February 2006, 02:55   #4
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Good writeup...
You managed to do quite a lot of driving in very little time!

Original suspension.. sounds good!.. even my wagonR had its suspension overhauled at about 50k kms!
Old 26th February 2006, 03:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek2
hey anshuman.. nice report.. one question..
the ac condensor fan which was blowing fuses what was the reason for the fuse being shot. i have the same problem in my safari and it's happened twice in three days planning to take it to the workshop but wanna know what exactly
is the problem.
abhishek change all the plastic connectors connecting headlights,radiator fan and condensor fan it wont cost much and wont cause any future problems and change both the fan fuses to 40A.
Old 26th February 2006, 03:31   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Good writeup...
You managed to do quite a lot of driving in very little time!

Original suspension.. sounds good!.. even my wagonR had its suspension overhauled at about 50k kms!
i had a zen before this indica and most of the parts including suspension,cooling system,brake boosters,clutch plates,ac were upgraded by the time she crossed 80k km mark,and most of the panels were ratlling beyond repair,even rattling is a problem with indica but i get all the windows,dashboard and suspension parts tighened at services.
Old 26th February 2006, 03:33   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorholic
Just wanted to know if u have had any electrical problems otherwise. My friends Indica keeps blowing a fuse all the time n the car shuts down, happens especially after a high speed run.
must be a petrol indica,the indica diesel can run without a battery so blowing a fuse wont cause the engine to shut down except for the fuse for radiator fan.
Old 26th February 2006, 06:23   #8
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
must be a petrol indica,the indica diesel can run without a battery so blowing a fuse wont cause the engine to shut down except for the fuse for radiator fan.
I don't think Diesel Indica can run without Battery!... when no battery it runs on alternator.... when both gone it doesn't run. (I believe the fuel pump is electronic)
Old 26th February 2006, 06:30   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
I don't think Diesel Indica can run without Battery!... when no battery it runs on alternator.... when both gone it doesn't run. (I believe the fuel pump is electronic)
But mine is a Euro2 car and it does not have a electronic fuel pump.
Old 26th February 2006, 07:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Indicas do sound like a very decent deal - almost like owning/maintaining a two wheeler. And from the experience of my last trip - they can keep up with most traffic on the highway - may take a tad more time getting there but given the numerous convoys of trucks on the Mysore road that hardly mattered. At 17-18kmpll of diesel,, I'd take that anyday
What size are your wheels/tyres now ?
Old 26th February 2006, 08:12   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
The Indicas do sound like a very decent deal - almost like owning/maintaining a two wheeler. And from the experience of my last trip - they can keep up with most traffic on the highway - may take a tad more time getting there but given the numerous convoys of trucks on the Mysore road that hardly mattered. At 17-18kmpll of diesel,, I'd take that anyday
What size are your wheels/tyres now ?
i have 13" 6j rims with 205/60R13 apollo acelere tyres,just changed to acelere from bridgestone potenza g3,the potenzas had amazing levels of grip and had awesome looks but they were too hard and ride was very rough,after changing acelere the grip is not as good but the difference in ride is noticable.
And in all the mileage figures and topspeed figures(i did not mention it,i managed 145)i did not consider the 6%speedometer error due to upsize tyres.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2006 at 08:16.
Old 26th February 2006, 08:32   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a old pic ,the car looks better now,i have removed the bull bar and the hella lights.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2006 at 08:42.
Old 26th February 2006, 12:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

1lakh kms is a lot and its goot the car held up well. But with those huge tyres, howz the performance?? The pickup should be even less compared to a stock Indica which is kinda sluggish. Or do u have any mods uder the hood?
Old 26th February 2006, 14:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up....
Great to see the Indica's doing 1lac kms....

Quote:
1. jrd 13" 6jj alloy rims with 205/60r13 tyres
Don't they touch...are u using spacers???

Quote:
1.the suspension is tough to rims and bends the rims causing vibration on steering wheel
I think its the other way round.... the rim strength n quality is way poor considering the weight of the car...

Quote:
3.headlights from indigo + 140/130w blue halogen lamps
Which brand are those bulbs??? U must be blinding many....:-)

ps: Your car is Faridabad registered...Where do u stay..????

Last edited by kpzen : 26th February 2006 at 14:36.
Old 26th February 2006, 15:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

205s on Indica and u're mentioning those humongous FE figures.
I doubt it.

205s and ur suspension after 100,000 kms is still factory-built.
Again, quite unrealistic.

Nice to hear about ur sweet experiences with the Indica V2,bro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks