Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 11:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Have CF Stickered the Chrome Garnish on top of the grill.Pictures coming up soon.
Quote:
Updates on the car:

Have Carbon Fibre Stickered the Door Handles.
Pictures coming up soon.
Here are the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-4.jpg  

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-3.jpg  

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-2.jpg  

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-1.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 22:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Some more pictures of the CF Stickered Rear No Plate Garnish

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-cf-2.jpg

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-cf-1.jpg

Got the tyres filled up with Nitrogen.
Costed 40/wheel.
Refill/Recheck to cost 20/wheel.

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-nitrogen.jpg

OEM Honda Logo on the Steering replaced with a Red Honda one.

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-red-logo-2.jpg

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-4307-red-logo-1.jpg
Old 16th August 2012, 10:10   #63

Quote:
Update:
Got Utsav High Security Plates for the car.
The car as of today completed 49200Kms.Will be sending it for the 50000kms service soon.Will be getting the car Polished and Interior Cleant by the 3M guys at Honda A.S.S.Pics coming up soon.

So as December is here,I will be getting my alloys painted.Have decided on a Dark Grey/Gunmetal shade.Photoshop Experts pls PS a Pic for me with Dark Grey alloys.
Hey cityvic nicely customised car, I have one question. How much did you pay for the full respray and removal of all dents and scuffs? My city has a layer of small dents on the roof,bonnet etc due to little fruits that used to fall off trees in my building.the car seems to have extremely thin sheet metal. When I showed them the problem at the dealership when it was in for service they told me roughly 80k !! And I don't have any major accidental area to patch up! Is this a realistic price ?
Old 16th August 2012, 14:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornkracker View Post
Hey cityvic nicely customised car, I have one question. How much did you pay for the full respray and removal of all dents and scuffs? My city has a layer of small dents on the roof,bonnet etc due to little fruits that used to fall off trees in my building.the car seems to have extremely thin sheet metal. When I showed them the problem at the dealership when it was in for service they told me roughly 80k !! And I don't have any major accidental area to patch up! Is this a realistic price ?
Hey thanks cornkracker.

It costed me around 40-50k as far as i remember.No too sure about the price.
80k is hell lot.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

60,000kms Update:

The car got a few additions over the past few months.

I put on the US Spec i-VTEC sohc decals on both the rear doors.
I also did a DIY by tinting the tailights partly with gloss black tint bought from United Customz.The tints are only on for a while,will remove them after a few months.
Someone also nicked my Live to Drive sticker.

The car went in for its 60,000kms service to Pinnacle Honda on the 19th of September with 59814 kms on the odo.

The work done were:

Engine oil top up
Fluids top up
Filters replaced
Tie Rods replaced
3M Exterior Polish
3M Interior Cleaning

The car was running slightly sluggish since the past few months and came back home spanking new after the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img2012101100961.jpg  

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img2012101100962.jpg  

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img2012101100963.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

65,000kms Update:

The car completed 65000kms last week and was sent for its service to Pinnacle Honda.Nothing as such to report about.

The basic service was done and it got a 3M Exterior Polish and a 3M Interior Cleaning.

The car is serving us well,though these 4-5 months will be its last with us.The need to go diesel has come since this particular car runs 1500kms a month,it is more practical in getting a diesel.

The replacement should be either a Passat or a Superb.
The resale value of Hondas is pathetic in Calcutta.Honda City I-VTEC's are going as low as 3 lakhs and Honda Civics as low as 2.5-3 lakhs.
I got an offer of 3.5L for my car.
I guess we will send this car to the office to be used there to replace the aging 05 Corolla which has already run 145000kms.Putting it on office use shall be better than selling off the excellent condition car with that massive depreciation.

Last edited by cityvic : 23rd February 2013 at 21:15.
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

How much do they charge for the 3M treatment?
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is serving us well,though these 4-5 months will be its last with us.The need to go diesel has come since this particular car runs 1500kms a month,it is more practical in getting a diesel.
Just a thought wouldn't a CNG conversion be better if the only need is to cut fuel costs ?
Old 23rd February 2013, 23:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
How much do they charge for the 3M treatment?
1200-1500 for the interiors,2000 for the exteriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Just a thought wouldn't a CNG conversion be better if the only need is to cut fuel costs ?
CNG is not available in Calcutta.Cal only has LPG.
Old 24th October 2013, 04:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Update

The car completed its 70,000kms service in June and 75,000kms service in September.
Again there is nothing as such to report about the service.

The following were done
General Checkup
Engine Oil Top Up
Air Filter Replacement

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img_1323.jpg

The car was sent to the office sometime in September with 75k on its odo to now do the daily duty there. It will be replacing the old 05 Corolla which has done over 2 lakh kms.

I am not too saddened about this car going away from home, as it is still with us and I can drive it whenever I want.

Overall in the car's 4 years of ownership with us, I can say that buying it was a brilliant decision. I highly doubt if a Linea would have lasted me this long with such bulletproof reliability.
I did the car up a little bit to my wants too. The car also managed to do the daily chores in the last 4 years and ran without a glitch. The car used to just go for its regular servicing to Pinnacle Honda, no extra costs of ownership apart from that. This is the best part of owning a Honda. Just fill it and keep driving. Thankfully there was not a spec of rust on this car either even after having it for four years.

Some pictures of the car just before it left for office.

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img_1325.jpg

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img_1327.jpg

Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold-img_1330.jpg

Requesting the mods to please change the topic of the thread to Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000kms. Edit: Now Sold.

Thanks
Rohin
Old 18th January 2014, 04:25   #71

Re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
The Story so Far at 45,000kms.

The car had got a respray at the dealership in April this year after it completed 40k because of the dings and dangs we get on Cal roads.The paint finish was perfect,same as how I received the car from the showroom in Aug 09.
Can you let me know how much you were charged for the respray and dent removals? I've always had a belief that honda ASS is a bit overpriced (atleast with Whitefield Honda in Bangalore). But if there is too much difference in the finish, then it would be best to go with Honda.
Old 18th January 2014, 07:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City : Living with the Power of Dreams. Report @ 75,000 kms. EDIT: Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by diploguy View Post
Can you let me know how much you were charged for the respray and dent removals? I've always had a belief that honda ASS is a bit overpriced (atleast with Whitefield Honda in Bangalore). But if there is too much difference in the finish, then it would be best to go with Honda.
The total bill was around 40-50k if I remember right.
Insurance paid around 25k and the difference was paid by us.

Trust me, the quality in paint and workmanship will totally be worth the premium paid to Honda for the repaint.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:05   #73
BHPian

I have a 2011 model ANHC. It has been serving us pretty well and has run about 64 k kms. However the only grouse I have with it, is the low GC. Thought the GC might improve with better tyres. How has the C drives helped? Have they lasted well?
I am a little bit of a spirited driver and have always loved to put my 175 Michelins to the limit but the low GC is just too irksome. Thanks in advance!
Old 15th June 2015, 19:12   #74
BHPian

Hi, I drive a same car with 40000 KM on ODO but currently needing a Clutch repair and Suspension fix due bad ownership before. i got this car when it had 19000 KM on it. Have serviced it on 3 Months/5000 kM interval, replaced the tyres. Now can anyone give me an estimate on how much Clutch and flywheel replacement would cost me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks