Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 14:26   #1
BHPian

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna

Selection of car :
It all began in April 2010 when I landed from US after a year long stint. I had sold my Indica xeta before moving to US hence I was in need of new car. In my different stints in US , I had owned only Toyota and Lexus cars. However in India Toyota Corolla is ridiculously priced as compared to US. At that time liva and etios were not launched otherwise blindfolded I would have bought them. Other brand which was in my mind was Honda but again Jazz was overpriced hence didnt shortlist.
Had a very bad experience with Tata Indica Xeta hence Tata was out of question.
When I was watching TV one day the i20 uber cool advertisement caught my eye and I decided to take a test drive. The car had a sporty look and the fluidic design was contemporary. Called the dealer Sanjay Hyundai in Pune and the sales guy arrived on time to my home for giving me the test drive. Took a long 10 km test drive and me and my wifey were bowled over by the interiors of the car. The performance was also good. Hence booked the car immediately selected white color magna model. Tried to negotiate for some accessories and he readily agreed to install central locking system, seat covers, mats etc. He also said that there was 4 week waiting period.
Finally on 7th May 2010 we took the delivery of the car and the journey started from that day. My mother and grandfather arrived at the dealership and then pooja was done and everyone congratulated me for the new car. I was not an active reader of team bhp then hence I didnt perform any PDI before delivery in stockyard. Did just normal inspection of tyres, color, scratches etc. It was my luck that they didnt sell me a lemon .

Special mention of Sanjay Hyundai here. Didnt face any issue during the whole buying process.

Then went to Phadke car decor in Kothrud and installed the Garware icecool sunfilms. They did a thorough professional job.
From then on I have used my car for traveling to office every day 36 kms drive.
The first hiccup I faced was the clutch became loose in couple of months. Took it to the Sanjay Hyundai service center and they replaced a spring free of cost and from then onwards there was no problem with clutch.

Long and short trips done till now :
  1. Mahabaleshwar trip June 2010 : This was the first long 120 kms excursion for my car. The car performed very well in this run. Didnt cross 80 kmph since it was still a run in period.
  2. Ashtavinayak trip October - November 2010 : Visited all 8 ganapati's over 4 saturdays. Two on each saturday. There were some bad roads in this tour but i20 performed very well.
  3. Lavasa trips : Lavasa is only 50 kms from Chandani chowk, Pune so this is our favourite weekend destination. Have been there atleast 5 times in last one year.
  4. Goa trip August 2010 and July 2011 : This was the first of the longer trips. Completed 480 kms from Pune to South Goa in 9 hours with short breaks. The car ran like a charm with 100% AC on.
  5. Pune - Udaipur trip October 2011 : I was really impressed with the car during this trip. Was able to achieve maximum speed of 125 kmph on the beautiful NH8 and NE1 without any steering vibrations or rattling. Drove 2000 kms in 5 days.
Positives What I like about the car :
  1. Great interiors
  2. Awesome inbuilt audio system. Turn up the volume to 15 and your car becomes a disco
  3. Build quality. The plastics dont look cheap.
  4. Great engine
  5. Smooth gear shift
  6. Good fuel effeciency. I get consistently 13 kmpl in city and 17 kmpl on highway with 100% AC.
  7. I have heard lot of complaints about AC not being powerful in i20 in this forum. However if you use the auto climate control feature properly then you will not feel the heat. It cools down pretty quickly
  8. Good back seat space and huge boot space for a hatchback.
Negatives What I dont like :
  1. The suspension could have been better. On roads filled with potholes you will feel the bumps.
  2. Headlights could have been more bright for night driving
  3. You have to take care when you are going through bumps because of the low ground clearance.
  4. Cant think of any more.
Present : Till now I have completed 25400 kms. There are some scratches here are there on the body. Some of the scratches happened when car was parked in the parking. For a sedate driver like me this car is very enjoyable to drive.

Servicings :

Completed 3 free servicing and 1 paid service. Only suspension struts were changed during paid servicing under warranty. Oh forgot to mention I have taken extended warranty which helped. Servicing have been carried out in Garve Hyundai which is close to my workplace. The SA there was quiet knowledgeble and explained me all the things done during servicing.

Costs of servicing : The first three free servicings costed around Rs. 1200 each. The first paid servicing costed Rs. 4444.

Fuel used :
95% of times I have used HP unleaded petrol

Time for some photos now :

On lavasa road
25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_3896.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_3639.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4139.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4140.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4141.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4142.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4143.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4144.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4145.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4146.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4147.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4148.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4149.jpg  

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4155.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2011 at 11:15.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna

Mods note: Thread moved to Long-Term Ownership Reviews. Thanks for sharing.
Old 18th November 2011, 08:23   #3
BHPian

Re: 25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna

Adding few more photos of the scratches on the car.
Hyundai A.S.S is definitely going to rip me off. Any suggestions of a good body shop in Pune area would be helpful.

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4150.jpg

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4151.jpg

25,000 kms of wanderlust with my trusted comrade Hyundai i20 Magna-img_4153.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks