Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 18:17   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2011 Mercedes ML350. EDIT: Now Sold at 3.3 years and 33K kms

Speaking of MLs i got involved in thos thread as i was looking to buy a pre owned ML from a friend. The vehicle ia a 2010 ML 350 cdi done 57k kms very well kept indeed and serviced and maintained only at the authorized dealership.

Upon taking a test drive i noticed the following;
1) There is a slight vibration during idling which i narrowed down to replacement of mounts.... confirmed by my mechanic.
2) the rear has some odd thumping sounds when on slightly bad roads... zeroed down to a maximum of airmatic bellows and shock replacements...confirmed by my mechanic
3) the car does not have a solid feel, its almost like the American cars feeling as if riding in a comfy sofa...... was told by my mechanic they ride like that but its nothing to worry
4) The ac works fine in the max mode but when you slow down the fan the air seems to just fade away... zeroed down to chocked filters...confirmed by my mechanic.

I hear horror stories about the ML on the forum but this guy has two and he wants to upgrade to the new one so hes willing to sell me this one, the other one being sold to his brother in law a few months ago.

My view of this car: This is a sports edition with AMG wheels and suede cum leather seats. Drives very well and is kept well too. I have made my offer after taking into consideration the expense (worse case scenario taken, which might zero down to less by a few thousand or maybe a few thousands, depending on what it is after we open it up)
The work will not be done in an authorized dealership because of the astronomical cost in question, which can be done at atleast 40% cheaper on the outside by a reliable mechanic. I am wondering if i should get into this but the price is very attractive for two reasons..... its almost 31st of March and he wants to sell and get a new on which is apparently ready for him and i can also buy and ad to the expense in my books.
Old 29th March 2014, 19:20   #77
Team-BHP Support

I would avoid the previous gen ML at all costs. It was just known to be extremely unreliable with huge amounts of part failures. Everyone I know with that car has had nothing but issues.
Old 30th March 2014, 17:31   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I would avoid the previous gen ML at all costs. It was just known to be extremely unreliable with huge amounts of part failures. Everyone I know with that car has had nothing but issues.
I have a feeling the ML's in the final year are okay. I know someone who has an ML bought 2 years ago and has had no issues
Old 13th April 2014, 23:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

Cross-checked with another Mercedes dealer, he says everything with respect to the engine mounts is OK - nothing to worry. Car is in perfect condition - you may just have to change the brake pads in another 1000-1500 kms.

At approximately 3 years 3 months and 33,XXX kms on the odometer, the vehicle is now sold.

Request mods to please close this thread.

Last edited by manveet : 13th April 2014 at 23:37.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 07:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2011 Mercedes ML350. EDIT: Now Sold at 3.3 years and 33K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Request mods to please close this thread.
Mod note : Closing thread as per request.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks