Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 13:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
MudMover,
It's not a good idea to take your vehicle to the Shivajinagar gujri, or for that matter, any of such places.
If you're saying this from the security point of view, I agree with you 100%. In fact every time I leave my car parked on that street in Russel market while going 'part hunting', I do so with my heart in my mouth because I half expect some part of the car to be missing when I get back to my car.

But the thing is that I lost a couple of small things (wheel caps, mud flaps, fuel tank lid) in a crash a few months back (pic below), which I needed to pick up quickly at a small price/hassle and I got these only at this place.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-28042012289.jpg
Old 4th September 2012, 13:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

if you can find it at a local acessories shop, they'll do it (but might charge you a bomb), else get it from ebay and DIY !

Regarding the Gujri, I think there was this story of someone who bought a wheelcap, only to find that they had stolen one of his other wheelcaps and sold it back to him :P

Last edited by greenhorn : 4th September 2012 at 13:30.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
I'm seeing that TASS is taking me down to the lower grades of engine oil with every service! At the 40k service they were using Castrol GTX 15W40 and now they are down to Castrol Magnatech 10W40. So will they go further to 5W40 next time around?!
@Mudmover, no - the reducing numbers do not mean lower grade of oil. Please check our threads on engine oil.

Like I said in my prev post, in my next oil change, I will be going for Magnatec, from Prerana itself
Old 4th September 2012, 14:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Mudmover, no - the reducing numbers do not mean lower grade of oil.
Condor, I was refering to the numbers only (15 to 10 to 5) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
this story of someone who bought a wheelcap, only to find that they had stolen one of his other wheelcaps and sold it back to him :P
That is exactly what I'm scared of when I go there!

By the way, my dream project is to modify the headlight assy. And I want to know if it is feasible. Here's what I want to do (the fig below is only for discussion, my Indigo is CS not e-CS):

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-untitled.jpg

I want to interchange the wires of the front indicator lights and the parking lights so that the old parking light (2) becomes the new indicator light and the old indicator light (1) becomes the new parking light. What I'm hoping to achieve by this electronic gymnastics is to create a BMW-type 'eye-brow' for the headlamps as shown below.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-x5e60h82.jpg

Main problem is that for doing this, the headlight assy will have to be taken apart. So, is there someone who has taken apart their headlights like this? I'd heard of a cumbersome process on the lighting thread whereby you immerse the headlight assy in warm water to as to loosen the adhesive which binds the assy.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (412.2 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by MudMover : 4th September 2012 at 15:23.
Old 4th September 2012, 17:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
By the way, my dream project is to modify the headlight assy. And I want to know if it is feasible.
Join the club

Based on my research on the same

1. the placed you have pointed to as the old parking light (2) does not exist. The parking light in the indigo HL assembly is in the the high beam reflector, and it is present in the indica HL assembly in that location

2. taking apart the headlight is a bit hard. I have a damaged headlight assembly from an old accident, and I've tried boiling it, heating it with an airgun, and a candle. I dont have a microwave, and thats the only thing I havent done. Still no luck

3. there is a dude in 'another' forum which shall not be named here and a guy called xenonpro from cochin who does this sort of conversions. but the charges for opening it up are pretty high, and make sense only if you are doing a projector conversion as well. the rates are pretty steep
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Adding a few pics of the front & back chrome bumper guards that I bought recently. These are peeling off already primarily because these are short in size and so I need to be looking for longer ones e.g. the ones on Fiat Linea shown in one of my earlier posts.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05092012403_1.jpg

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05092012402_1.jpg
Old 21st February 2013, 16:14   #22
BHPian

I recently completed my 70k service and was given a bill of Rs.11349/- ! The Tata service centres are becoming thieves of the highest order. What frustrates me is that I see on ownership threads of Toyota Fortuners on this forum, that Toyoto Fortuners seem to have a lower service bill than my Indigo! The latest service was done at Concorde Motors near Silk Board junction and the car seems to have become worse. Given the state of affairs, I'm planning to give the vehicle for service in some nearby garage from next time on.

Last edited by MudMover : 21st February 2013 at 16:16.
Old 26th February 2013, 11:17   #23
BHPian

Attaching the bill of my 70k service.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-indigo-70k-service-bill.jpg

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-indigo-70k-service-bill2.jpg
Old 26th February 2013, 11:35   #24
BHPian

I've been unhappy with wheel caps of the Indigo and have been wanting to change it. Recently on a trip to J.C. road (bangalore) to fit an audio system, I bought a set of wheel caps. These really look good on the Indigo.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-22022013570.jpg
Old 16th May 2013, 04:18   #25
BHPian

MudMover, were the electric seats on your car retrofitted from another vehicle? I have the Indigo CS LX (2010), and AFAIK electrically adjustable seats were only offered on the Indigo SX and the Indigo XL. They are much wider and comfortable than the ones on the regular models, and were even offered in Leather trim. Could you please confirm?

The wood finish steering and dash backing is also from the Indigo XL and so are the electric ORVMs with turn signals. It seems that your car is quite unique! Did your FIL have these retrofitted?

The repair bills on your car are quite disconcerting. And most of it seems to be labour (7K). My car has done 43K kmsso far. The highest bill I got was for 7K which was at the 20K service.

BTW, here's a pic of my car. Exact same colour as yours (Classic Ivory)

If you really want the eyebrow look on your car, you could buy an LED strip and glue it to the edge of the headlamps, under the bonnet so that it doesn't show during daytime.

Last edited by vivekgk : 16th May 2013 at 04:27.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 12:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
MudMover, were the electric seats on your car retrofitted from another vehicle? ...The wood finish steering and dash backing is also from the Indigo XL and so are the electric ORVMs with turn signals. It seems that your car is quite unique! Did your FIL have these retrofitted?
Hi Vivek, I've been out of this forum for a while. Yes, I've long suspected that this model of the indigo has been retrofitted since most of the equipment you've listed doesn't appear to be in models of similar vintage. But since my FIL is the second owner of the vehicle, the fittings may have been done by the first owner.

Quote:
If you really want the eyebrow look on your car, you could buy an LED strip and glue it to the edge of the headlamps, under the bonnet so that it doesn't show during daytime.
I'm currently looking to do an interchange of the wiring of the front indicator lights and the parking lights, and replacement of bulbs with LED bulbs, to create a new look! Haven't found a reliable mechanic to do this yet.

Quote:
The repair bills on your car are quite disconcerting. And most of it seems to be labour (7K). My car has done 43K kmsso far. The highest bill I got was for 7K which was at the 20K service.
Yes the repair bills on this car are particularly high. Infact, the recent bill of around Rs.9k for the 80k service is the lowest I've got thus far!
Old 8th August 2013, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Even my friend's Indigo always return from ASC with ~10-12K bill, in down south of Tamilnadu. He is now looking for independent garage. so I guess this is common for TATA vehicle maintenance with TATA ASC.
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:07   #28
BHPian

It's been a while since I updated this thread. My Indigo is still going strong and this weekend I crept upto the 99k mark.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-21062014882_2.jpg

I have been very happy with this car and the only complaint has been the high service bill. Overall, this has been a well built car capable of taking considerable beating and still being reliable. And even though the Indigo CS continues to be launched in new avatars, with many other manufacturers coming up with better products in the same range (sub 4m class sedans) the Indigo may not find takers in the big cities.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-22062014885_2.jpg

This car was anyway due for disposal this year end, but now the sale has been preponed due to the crackdown on outstation cars in Bangalore. So while we search for a new vehicle, my only hope is that I manage to cross the 1,00,000 kms mark before it is handed over.
Old 8th July 2014, 22:26   #29
BHPian

Finally gave up the Indigo last week, it will now be put up for sale in Kerala. Though I would have preferred to have handed it over in good condition, it had two problems which I couldn't get around to get repaired due to a variety of reasons. One was the front driver's seat adjustment control panel which had lost one of it's plastic clamps due to which it had come off & was hanging. In spite of repeatedly checking with a variety of Tata service centres for availability of a part replacement, I was unable to locate one.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05072014906_1.jpg

Another was that at the last moment, a rat had crept into the car and chewed up the front left indicator wire due to which that was temporarily out of order.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05072014907_1.jpg

I took the customary Goodbye shot of the Indigo has it rested in the garage for it's future owner. Whoever buys it will definitely enjoy the small luxuries like the powered seat controls & ORVM controls and the general reliability of this vehicle. I even feel that the chrome beading which I put on the front & back bumpers, added a slightly different look to my Indigo and I'm surprised that they've managed to hang on for this long.

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05072014911_1.jpg

And yes, I did manage to cross the 1 Lakh mark! Somehow it gives you the satisfaction that you've the vehicle to the utmost before you gave it away!

Weekend Warrior! Pre-owned Indigo CS Lx 2009-05072014893_1.jpg

Last edited by MudMover : 8th July 2014 at 22:29.
MudMover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 23:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed.

Wish you all the best with your new car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...crdi-base.html
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks