Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 23:05   #376
Team-BHP Support

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Car is nearing the 60k milestone, and there has been nothing new to report! However, i bought an iphone 4S.

Well, what does that have to do with this thread? Well - Blue&me has been throwing up quite a lot of surprises with the new phone.

1. Calls dont ring with the boring 'tring tring' anymore. I get to hear the ringtone through car speakers.

2. GPS navigations are announced through car speakers.

3. Messages and even whatsapp alert tones are played through car speakers as well!

I'm surprised with this since the system is not designed for A2DP streaming IIRC. Anyone has better clarity on the working of Blue & Me?
Old 29th January 2014, 10:24   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm surprised with this since the system is not designed for A2DP streaming IIRC.
I guess its working through HFP. My cousin got a bare basic Nokia phone with BT. But we were surprised to see that it was able to stream music (low quality) to Manza HU. We then checked the BT profiles implemented in his mobile with the help of hcitool command in Ubuntu and found out that only FTP and HFP BT profiles were implemented. So in your case, I'm guessing that HFP is in action since A2DP is absent.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 09:18   #378
Team-BHP Support

Photoshoot @ Drive In Beach.

Few pics from the team bhp meet @ Kannur -

My favourite pic, thanks to KarthikK
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-dsc_0902_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_0157bw_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_0184_1200.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_0146_800.jpg

I know just what is running through your mind, was it a good idea to splash salt water on the car? Well, no. However - The car has been serviced, body and underbody washed at FASS, and given a thorough detailing at 3M the very next day.

The final result -

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-photo-2_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-photo_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-photo-1_800.jpg

60,000 kms service has been completed. Will be posting the service update within few days.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th February 2014 at 09:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 09:28   #379
Team-BHP Support

60K in 2 years is lots of driving. And that too given the fact your driving has gone down in the last few months! Car looks good as usual. I guess no more changes in the pipeline. You have pretty much every thing. How are the stock speakers?
Old 24th February 2014, 09:40   #380
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
60K in 2 years is lots of driving. And that too given the fact your driving has gone down in the last few months! Car looks good as usual. I guess no more changes in the pipeline. You have pretty much every thing. How are the stock speakers?
Will complete 2 years in another 2 weeks, and there is a Trivandrum drive coming up this weekend. Should hit 62k by then.

Will be changing my job by April, and the daily usage should increase. If thats the case - I might even consider removing the RD box and running stock. Will easily hit 1.5L kms in 5 years and running stock seems to be the better option for reliable service beyond that point.

Stock speakers are happily resting on an overhead shelf at home. Reason being - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...dls-jbl-3.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th February 2014 at 09:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 09:50   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
His driving though down from a past few months, we are pestering and ensuring he is slowing picking up the pace yet again

And the stock speakers sucks big time needs no mention.

Quote:
Will complete 2 years in another 2 weeks, and there is a Trivandrum drive coming up this weekend. Should hit 62k by then.

Will be changing my job by April, and the daily usage should increase. If thats the case - I might even consider removing the RD box and running stock. Will easily hit 1.5L kms in 5 years and running stock seems to be the better option for reliable service beyond that point.

Stock speakers are happily resting on an overhead shelf at home. Reason being - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...dls-jbl-3.html
True the stock speakers sucks and even my stock speakers are happily resting. I know it will sound abusrd, I would rather sell the car than putting the stock speakers back.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:20   #382
Team-BHP Support

Issues faced + Service Experience #10 - 60,000 kms paid service.
Service Satisfaction - *****
Service Centre - Vecto Motors, Bangalore.

First of all, I think this is the first time I've rated a FASS 5 star. 60k service is a major service for FIAT, and I was warned by senior FIATians to be prepared for a huge bill amount + be ready to leave the car in the service center for 3-4 days.

However, surprisingly -

1. Booking process went smooth.
2. Got regular reminders from the service center regarding the appointment.
3. Took only around 10 mins to arrange the SA once i reached the service center.
4. Was explained that 60k service is a major one and the procedures involved. However, SA was not aware of timing chain replacement requirement for Punto 90HP. Had to inform him its the same case as Linea. But to his credit, he was quick to call up 3 of his seniors and get confirmations and apologize immediatly.

5. Was promised delivery next day evening as worst case scenario. However - when I informed them I wouldn't require the car to be washed, he promised to let me know by evening when the car would be ready.
6. Promptly got a call in the evening that the car is ready and can be picked up. Got another call in 15 mins with the final bill amount as well.

7. Service center is approx 35 kms away from my place and in the exact opposite direction of the city. Hence I informed them that I would take delivery next day morning. Was promptly informed that the SA is on leave and the CRM would take care. Even more surprised that the SA actually informed the CRM about the details, and he was not clueless when I approached him next day morrning.

8. Rather than pressing for brake pad replacement, for a change - SA has clearly mentioned in the documentation that the brake pads are good for another 3000 kms.

Coming to the financials -

1. Timing Chain - Rs 890/-
2. Replacement Timing Chain Labor Costs - 3370/-
3. Chain Stretcher - Rs 1497/-
4. Pad??? - 208/-
5. Pad - 199/-

6. Brake Fluid - Rs 185/-
7. Brakes Cleaning and Bleeding Labor Costs - Rs 562/-

8. Paid Service 60k kms / 2 years - Rs 1667/-

9. Engine Oil - Rs 1947/-
10. Oil Filter - Rs 411/-
11. Fuel Filter - Rs 2059/-
12. Air Filter - Rs 199/-
13. Transmission Oil - Rs 1150/-
14. Coolant - Rs 995/-
15. Power Steering Oil - Rs 490/-
16. Filtering Element (I guess Pollen Filter) - Rs 402/-

17. Cleaner??? - Rs 80/-
18. Windshield Shampoo - Rs 90/-

19. Sealing Gasket - Rs 350/- & Rs 1197/-
20. Sealer - Rs 458/-
21. Oil Sump - Rs 656/-

Oil Sump would have taken the hits during the Bhadra drive when I unknowingly took the road to Kemmanagudi through the heart of the reserve. Even 185mm of ground clearance was not enough for that 'road'.

Total costs came to approx Rs 19,200/-

Overall, the 90 feels very smooth and refined now.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_0156bw_800.jpg

With Feb end - the car will run out of warranty period and into extended warranty coverage.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th February 2014 at 08:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:43   #383
Senior - BHPian

Isnt that normal for Crazy Driver to cover 60K in 2 yrs. The handle itself explains it a lot.

Pls post some pics of the 2yr old scorcher. BTW why did the timing chain replacement labour costs 4 times more than the chain cost itself? Is the replacement that labour intensive effort? Also what are the two sealing gasket prices for?

Enjoy many more happy mile crunching and drive safely.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 08:54   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Timing Chain - Rs 890/-
2. Replacement Timing Chain Labor Costs - 3370/-
3. Chain Stretcher - Rs 1497/-
4. Pad??? - 208/-
5. Pad - 199/-
Why did it need a timing chain replacement. I mean is it not supposed to last the lifetime of the engine?
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 17:59   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Isnt that normal for Crazy Driver to cover 60K in 2 yrs. The handle itself explains it a lot. Pls post some pics of the 2yr old scorcher. BTW why did the timing chain replacement labour costs 4 times more than the chain cost itself? Is the replacement that labour intensive effort? Also what are the two sealing gasket prices for? Enjoy many more happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Lol. Thanks.

Username was coined way back in 2006 when all I had was a Maruti 800 in the family. Replacing the timing chain is a labour intensive effort, and I was surprised that they completed the work in a day. Fellow members had to leave the car for 2-3 days at the service center for 60k service.

Previous 3 posts of mine are full of pics from last weekend Bangalore team Bhp meet. Will be uploads more pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Why did it need a timing chain replacement. I mean is it not supposed to last the lifetime of the engine?
Timing chain is replaced every 60,000 kms or 2 years if i remember correctly. This is only for Linea and Punto 90hp. The VGT versions use a timing belt and not chain AFAIK.

Timing chain was a known problem area once (We had a thread running in team Bhp as well) and hence I didn't want to push the company recommended replacement schedule.
Old 26th February 2014, 18:11   #386
Senior - BHPian

The air filter and pollen filter prices are interchanged in the post.

And the VGTs use a timing chain too. Timing belts are used only in petrols wrt Punto/Linea.
Old 26th February 2014, 19:08   #387
BHPian

Is there any Run in required after the timing chain replacement ?
planning to leave my Linea for 60k service and take it for a 1000 km trip the next day itself.
Old 28th February 2014, 10:32   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The air filter and pollen filter prices are interchanged in the post. And the VGTs use a timing chain too. Timing belts are used only in petrols wrt Punto/Linea.
My bad. Was already corrected once by the expert, but the naming convention used by FIAT still fools me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
CD, item no 6 is polen filter/AC filter which costs 199 bucks.
Quote:
So item #4 is air filter? Weird naming convention then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Is there any Run in required after the timing chain replacement ? planning to leave my Linea for 60k service and take it for a 1000 km trip the next day itself.
Should be fine. Even I'm going on a 2000 km trip tonight. None of us would drive the car at the extreme anyways.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th February 2014 at 10:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 09:21   #389
Team-BHP Support

FE update for highway drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum. Average speed for the trip was 67 kmph as per the MID.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-image1597899348.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-image1026988010.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 10:00   #390
Team-BHP Support

Odo stands at 62,500 kms now.

And good news - LTT has been payed for Bangalore yesterday. And so- the car will see more of Bangalore City. Even though it had all valid documents for the stay earlier, was just too worried about all the cases being reported in the 'beware other states' car thread and hence- remained parked except for weekend trips.

Bad news - had to shell out close to a lakh. Man, Bangalore tax sure is expensive. Will need to get NOC from chennai and get it re-registered soon in Bangalore. Hoping this coincides with the 1L kms milestone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks