Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:51   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Congratulations. Compass seems to be the defacto upgrade path for most coming from Punto and Linea. I guess nothing else can satisfy the ones who are used to the ride and handling combination of Fiat twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Harrier won't even make it inside. Same holds true for my parking slot in Bangalore.
Is it Karnataka registration or Kerala registration? Or have you got the elusive BH registration ? From your posts, I remember you switching between Kerala and Bangalore pre-pandemic days.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 22:55   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Thank you. I was sad to see your Linea leave before the 2L mark, but then - I have a lot more happy to see you munching miles even faster with the Compass. Glad I could follow the same path too!
Congratulations again for your perfect upgrade. I know many who have moved from Punto/Linea to Compass. Glad to see you in that list too.

Quote:
I was sad to see your Linea leave before the 2L mark
Yes, I never thought that I will do a sudden shift to Compass. It was unplanned and in that process I missed the 2L mark.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 08:21   #933
BHPian

Curtains down to one of the best ownership thread on Team BHP. Congratulations on the Compass. Looks like Fiat owners by default move on to Compass. Owners like you, Arun Josie who kept their Punto/ Lineas second to none, could not be satiated with any other car than Compass. Girish being one exception by going in for Harrier (though the heart still remains of Fiat ) Looking forward to another detailed ownership thread on Compass. The colour chosen is brilliant and would be a treat to see it when you detail it like you did to the Punto.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 10:37   #934
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Curtains down to one of the best ownership thread on Team BHP. Congratulations on the Compass. Looks like Fiat owners by default move on to Compass. Owners like you, Arun Josie who kept their Punto/ Lineas second to none, could not be satiated with any other car than Compass. Girish being one exception by going in for Harrier (though the heart still remains of Fiat ) Looking forward to another detailed ownership thread on Compass. The colour chosen is brilliant and would be a treat to see it when you detail it like you did to the Punto.
After owning a Fiat Punto or Linea it is hard to get satiated by any other car sub 20 Lakhs. If we buy anything it is a mere compromise. So it has to be a Jeep. My 99696 km run Punto 90 still feels like new born in Sept 2015. There's no ageing factor for the exterior or interior. Yesterday I did an Italian tuning to this beast from Trichy to Palani and back.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:34   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Whenever I considered the Jeep Compass in the past - it was always the base Sport version. (Diesel when launched, petrol when facelift was launched) and I found it difficult to convince myself. Found it even more difficult to convince myself of other products - and the ones I really liked were from TATA, Mahindra and VAG stables, with the former two being two large for my parking requirements. (XUV 7OO and Harrier Dark Edition would have given me sleepless nights otherwise!)

Ended up with a Compass itself in the end because, at the end of it all, it feels like the cheapest least-compromised (for India) car in this size and price bracket. Time for the #jeeplife now!
Congratulations - This is the most logical upgrade from Punto but the trims I liked were above my budget and Harrier Dark already stole my heart

Wishing you countless happy miles in the new Jeep and waiting for a very detailed ownership report.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:39   #936
BHPian

Quote:
I hope you have more fun with the car, though at some point we all have to move on! I finally ended up with a Jeep Compass as mentioned in the above post - and I guess, following the obvious upgrade path within the FCA lineup, though that was never my plan!
Hoping to have one more year with my Punto before I make the inevitable upgrade decision! The Compass is probably the most logical upgrade from a Punto and wish another 200k kms of fun with it!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 00:00   #937

Congratulations CD, This has to be the logical upgrade. Please start a ownership thread for us to follow.
Old 9th April 2022, 09:28   #938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Congratulations. Compass seems to be the defacto upgrade path for most coming from Punto and Linea. I guess nothing else can satisfy the ones who are used to the ride and handling combination of Fiat twins.
If not for the interior compromises, the Taigun 1.5 TSi DSG surely was a hot contender last year. Difficult to look outside of these two brands though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Is it Karnataka registration or Kerala registration? Or have you got the elusive BH registration ? From your posts, I remember you switching between Kerala and Bangalore pre-pandemic days.
KL 01.

I'm hoping and counting on the future being more hybrid than the pre-pandemic days. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The colour chosen is brilliant and would be a treat to see it when you detail it like you did to the Punto.
Interestingly, I realized last week itself that it's a tough situation w.r.t detailing - less space in the garage with Compass, difficulty to wash without a pressure pump, and micro-swirls with even the finest buffing.

White was so easy! This is a totally different beast and I need to learn the basics now. Or, might just take the easy way out and do PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
My 99696 km run Punto 90 still feels like new born in Sept 2015. There's no ageing factor for the exterior or interior. Yesterday I did an Italian tuning to this beast from Trichy to Palani and back.
Italian tuning works best!

True. The only place it felt outdated for me was the feature list - but then, that's common to every car. Features get updated so fast, that no car stands a chance even a few years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Congratulations - This is the most logical upgrade from Punto but the trims I liked were above my budget and Harrier Dark already stole my heart

Wishing you countless happy miles in the new Jeep and waiting for a very detailed ownership report.

--Anoop
By the way, did you pick the automatic or manual?

I'm waiting for your report too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Hoping to have one more year with my Punto before I make the inevitable upgrade decision! The Compass is probably the most logical upgrade from a Punto and wish another 200k kms of fun with it!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeautherton View Post
Congratulations CD, This has to be the logical upgrade. Please start a ownership thread for us to follow.
Thank you. I will definitely open a report, but not in a hurry. There is a lot of material on the Compass, but still I'll start one for the long-term.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:57   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, did you pick the automatic or manual?

I'm waiting for your report too!
Manual. Sure, plan to put up a report once I rake up some miles.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks