BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 LXi - One year Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevskartha View Post
Third service cost me Rs 2256. Split up given below

Parts
Filter Asst,Oil- 79.02
MGO 5W30-759.6 (2.9L)
Was the MGO 5W30 that you got fully synthetic or was it mineral?

My 3rd service cost me Rs.2158.
The engine oil itself was of Rs.1533. They gave Castrol Magnatec 5W30(fully synthetic)

Any idea on whats the market price for this oil(2.9 ltr)?

Though personally i would have gone for the synthetic one only but the service guys were adamant that K10 engines have to be refilled with fully synthetic oil only and mineral oil is a strict no no.
Old 22nd September 2012, 20:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevskartha View Post
Third service cost me Rs 2256.
Do you have any issue with the petrol tank flap? Mine has peculiar problem of pin getting stuck on opening and thus I cant shut it back after refueling. Got it checked from MASS and they even changed the assembly once but the problem still exists.
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Was the MGO 5W30 that you got fully synthetic or was it mineral?

My 3rd service cost me Rs.2158.
The engine oil itself was of Rs.1533. They gave Castrol Magnatec 5W30(fully synthetic)

Any idea on whats the market price for this oil(2.9 ltr)?

Though personally i would have gone for the synthetic one only but the service guys were adamant that K10 engines have to be refilled with fully synthetic oil only and mineral oil is a strict no no.
saion666, are you sure Castrol magnatec is a fully synthetic oil, I was under the impression that its a blend, i.e. semi-synthetic

The price as far as I know is approx INR 760/litre, btw, I checked with my dealership service centre ahead of my 2nd free service and they are not insisting on a synthetic brand for replacement, a Castrol/Servo MGO would suffice. This is specially engineered for the K Series engine
Old 4th November 2012, 20:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
saion666, are you sure Castrol magnatec is a fully synthetic oil, I was under the impression that its a blend, i.e. semi-synthetic
This is from the Castrol Magnatec website FAQ section:-
Link to the page:- http://magnatec.castrol.com/faqs.html

6. Is Castrol Magnatec Synthetic or Part-Synthetic?

Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A1 and Castrol Magnatec Diesel 5W-40 A3/B4 are fully synthetic formulations providing quicker circulation at extremely cold temperatures and superior performance at high operating temperatures.

Castrol Magnatec 10W-40 and 15W-40 are both part-synthetic. All grades of Castrol Magnatec contain Intelligent Molecules that cling to critical engine parts to instantly protect from the moment you turn the key.

I guess they have charged me for what its worth as the 3 ltr pack is available for Rs.1256 at vicky.in. So,Rs.1533(around 300 extra) for 2.9 ltr is acceptable from Service centers.
Came across this later after posting my previous post:
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/castrol...ec-5w-30-3-ltr
Old 13th April 2016, 20:36   #20
BHPian

Hi.. It was lovely to hear from you. I have a later version of the Alto K10, bought in March 2016. She's greenish grey in colour, and this is also a new colour as told by Maruti dealers. Though it was just my first 1000 km service today, I can say for a fact that I'm mighty pleased with this purchase, much like you.

I simply adore the drive, the only problem being not enough road to accelerate. Many people debate about whether the older K10 looked better or the newer one. Not too sure about the looks, but the newer one sure looks more spacious. What would you like to say on that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks