Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 17:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Fulfillment - Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI L&K at 111111 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
I
your car would be due for the water pump change. I have a 2006 Octy 1.9TDI and has clocked 1.3 lac KM and believe me I just don't have any reason to dispose it. It does give you occassional maintainance but considering the kind of war horse it is, u would never hesistate spending on it. It is worth every penny.
Thanks for the heads up and I echo every single word you have written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Congratulations!
I must say, thats a very well maintained car there. Maintaing it is a pain, but then, at the end its all about how you look after your car, isnt it?
As Devdath said, would love to read an update if and when she completes 2,22,222 kms
Thanks. You never let the car down and the car will never let you down is my theory. I have stood on mechanics heads for hours on end but it is all worth it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
Like wow!!
I'll be getting in touch - could use some help - since we're both based in "Good Gaon"
Thanks. Will be glad to help.

Last edited by Cesc : 19th June 2012 at 17:13.
Old 20th June 2012, 21:27   #17
BHPian

Thank you for the wonderful review. I didn't know that is is possible to maintain a skoda outside the authorized centers. Good to know. You must be really resourceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Thanks. I think Octavia never came in auto transmission (I could be wrong though because I do vaguely remember somebody saying a very small number of auto cars did get sold here). You will find Laura automatic though (which I know is called Octavia everywhere but here
Octavia TDi did come with a four speed auto. It never sold large numbers, and it would be safe to assume that any issue with the autobox means a complete replacement.
Old 7th April 2013, 11:46   #18

Can you tell me from which mechanic you got it serviced from in Gurgaon or Delhi?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th April 2013 at 18:01.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:28   #19

Hi CSEC. I intend buying a Skoda Laura 1.9 TDI Auto transmission for 7.15 lakhs. The car looks and feels good. But there numerous posts which say that the maintenance cost is on the higher side, so is this a fair buy? Can you give me some insight on the maintenance costs today for Skoda? Appreciate your feedback
Old 5th March 2016, 10:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

One should always be prepared to spend on a pre-owned vehicle.

One last word for prospective Skoda owners (esp. those looking to buy pre-owned) – keep your eyes wide open if you are going to A**. They really are a bunch of liars and cheats. On the other hand it is not difficult to maintain a Skoda without A** help. Through the last couple of years I have built a network of part suppliers and mechanics for myself. I have been able to leverage that to maintain my car. While at times it has been effort intensive (the A** is a stone’s throw away from my house) to maintain a car without A** help the fruits of those efforts have been well worth it.
Now with 1.9 TDI s resale value for a lakh or slightly more, this thread becomes even more significant. It seems tempting that such a car can be had for so low prices. I have had bad experiences with a pre-owned Fabia petrol before. But I would say I did not really try very hard to find alternative means of maintaining it. It was always at the A**. After some amount of complaints and 10 months of ownership gave it up. Maybe I panicked. But now it again becomes tempting. Although, now most cars have 1L + kms on the odo and parts are I suppose even more difficult to come by. Most are with their 2nd or 3rd owners. So can't vouch for quality of ownership. But do you think it is possible to find a relatively better car and spend some money repairing/changing the parts that are most likely to fail and have it prove reliable for another 50k kms atleast?

There is a workshop that deals with older premium cars. Have seen older benzes and so on at their place. Should definitely go talk to them as they would be the best choice to get the vehicle serviced. Garage confidence is important I think. I do like a bit of DIY, but don't really know how much of mechanical stuff I can handle.
Old 11th March 2016, 00:40   #21
BHPian

Parts are not an issue even today. In my opinion the key with Skodas is care than how much is on the odo. I would anyday pick a 75k kms done Skoda which has been properly looked after over a 40k done vehicle that hasnt been cared for.

This car is still in the family and is driving as well as ever. I have moved on to Skoda petrols though. Bought a RS that I had a lot of fun with (sadly it kinda died on me).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tavia-vrs.html

Now have a 2011 1.8 TSI Laura which I have already driven over 30k kms. Have spent money on each of these vehicles but continue to love the value for money they represent in the used car market.

If you can find a clean Octy that has good service history - even if done over 1 lakh kms - pick it up. IMO for a few lakhs you cant find anything better in the used car market.
Old 21st December 2023, 12:10   #22
BHPian

Sorry for bringing this up in an old thread, but was the 1.9 TDI L&K available in red? As per the tribute post in t-bhp, it was available only in black and silver. The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at picking up an L&K and it got me confused when I saw it in red.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks