Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 21:16   #91
BHPian

re: Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Excellent !! That's a neat snap just as though it was clicked for the TJETs.

That Cayenne in the background is all over the place.. testing body-roll!

What are the top speeds you hit? And how the crusoe feeling after the HIIT exercise?
Thanks MempheS.D, that Cayenne was being driven sedately for most of the distance and it did manage to pull on the straights. There was a Xylo on track too however, I liked seeing them on track as it was driven by a young at heart couple and they both looked very happy after the drive.

The maximum I managed was 165 at the back straight in 4th gear. I remember reaching ~130 in 3rd gear on the main straight. Crusoe has taken it quite well. The temperature didn't rise even for a second, guess the inter-cooler played some part.

The guys who posted the first pic on FB was kind enough to message me 3 more. Not sure if he is on T-bhp but he mentioned checking this thread. So, my friend if you are reading this - Thank you for the pics.

Here are 3 more pics of Crusoe

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-1.jpg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-2.jpg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-3.jpg
Biraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:14   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I had an issue with the boot light in my Linea as well.
Unless its an issue with wiring or the bulb,the whole lock needs to be replaced.Cost is about 3200-3000 at after sales and 2900 for OEM in open market.So you can get it checked from an electrician,then get it replaced outside maybe,which i did. Btw not updating the service counter is nothing new from Fiat,i have noticed that most of them forget or don't do it because customers do not care about it.
hi,
I repaired my boot light myself. I opened the lock and there is a small switch where three wires are connected. I simply took out the switch and cleaned by blowing onto it and just shook it a few times and it started working.
The service center guys want to change the lock for rs 3200 when the switch even if defective can be easily replaced for 20-50 Rs.
Old 25th February 2013, 14:18   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
hi,
I repaired my boot light myself. I opened the lock and there is a small switch where three wires are connected. I simply took out the switch and cleaned by blowing onto it and just shook it a few times and it started working.
The service center guys want to change the lock for rs 3200 when the switch even if defective can be easily replaced for 20-50 Rs.
I had tried that,and i had messed it up myself during the DIY
hence the damage to the pocket.
Old 25th February 2013, 14:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I had tried that,and i had messed it up myself during the DIY
hence the damage to the pocket.
Thankfully mine worked.

I feel rather than changing the lock, we can put an external push switch ( like they put for aftermarket central locking ) and connect that instead of the usual switch in the lock.
Changing the lock just for a small switch does not seem right to me.
Fiat should make that switch available as a spare.
Old 25th February 2013, 14:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
Thankfully mine worked.

I feel rather than changing the lock, we can put an external push switch ( like they put for aftermarket central locking ) and connect that instead of the usual switch in the lock.
Changing the lock just for a small switch does not seem right to me.
Fiat should make that switch available as a spare.
My electrician had recommended this,but i did not want to play around with factory fit and finish,this is why i paid 2900 for the lock.
And lets not Hijack the Jet(Jet's thread)
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:40   #96
Team-BHP Support

Mind-blowing stuff Biraj! I enjoyed reading both the trackday report of Crusoe as well as your experience of the T-Jet on a full blown race track. This is where the true abilities of the T-Jet will overshadow its so-called 'sporty' competition, and can be enjoyed the most. You NCR guys are downright lucky to be so close to BIC, this is unfair on us others .

Your pictures and words are so tempting that I am contemplating driving all the way from Bangalore to Delhi in the t-Jet, solely for the purpose of attending a Sunday trackday.

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th February 2013 at 14:42.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 15:47   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I will upload pics that I clicked on the other thread as they are of other cars. We weren't allowed to carry camera in the cabin as any loose particle could have been a dangerous projectile in that environment.

Finally found a pic of Crusoe on BIC's Facebook page.

Attachment 1054251

The FTA T-jet alongside Crusoe belongs to fellow BHPian Nkapoor777

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Thanks Biraj for sending me the pics of my Jet! It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience on the track. I was able to just about get over 170 on the speedo in 4th gear at the back straight. But the real fun was taking the corners and chicanes - boy I love my Fiat even more now! Sad I won't be in town on 10th March for the track day.
nkapoor777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 21:24   #98
BHPian

After 17,300 KMs on Indian roads, Crusoe has completed his first lap around the sun. Today is Crusoe's first birthday! Celebrations have been pushed to the weekend as it's a busy week in office.

Looking back, the past one year has been wonderful. My annual usage has increased from 11K to 17K despite my office getting closer to home is a reflection of the love I have for Crusoe. A back of the hand calculation reveals that I have spent over 1 lac on fuel in past one year, which is much much higher than what I planned or wished. Still, all that money seems well spent. I am absolutely certain that I couldn't have purchased a better machine in my budget of 9 lacs.

Maintenance hasn't been too expensive. First service was free but I got the oil changed and second service was a regular service. So, close to 7.5K in a year and I find it reasonable.

There have been minor issues related to those scary Airbag failure alarms still I would put the blame on Exide more than Fiat. Overall the past year has been free of niggles (Knock on the wood)

I took Crusoe to places I had never been earlier (Khajjiar, Kalatop, and Buddh International Circuit). Crusoe is almost a redemption of the efforts I had put in the past 5-6 years when I worked for crazy hours without any vacation. A drive in it is like a rejuvenating therapy.

Will try to ensure that Crusoe remains in the best of conditions and will pray that unruly traffic and people stay away from Crusoe.

For the ones interested in fuel efficiency: It is a very efficient car with respect to fuel efficiency. I consistently get over 10.5 KMPL in city. While going to BIC, I decided to stick to the speed limit of Greater Noida expressway (100 KMPH) and I observed an average fuel consumption of 17.1 KMPL at a constant speed of 100 KMPH without AC. Even on the track where the car was being driven b/w 4-6K RPMs the average fuel consumption after 9 laps was 5.9 KMPL and I believe that's very very good.

I will be glad to respond to any queries related to Linea T-jet based on my ownership. So please feel free to post here or send a PM.

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 00:40   #99
BHPian

Put an exhaust on the car and uprate the suspension a bit to kill the roll... I hear Fiat is launching Abarth parts here.. You guys are lucky to have factory supported OEM performance parts!!!
Old 27th February 2013, 15:12   #100
BHPian

Re: l Hail Crusoe! My Fiat Linea T-jet+ *UPDATE* 1 year and 17K KMs completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Put an exhaust on the car and uprate the suspension a bit to kill the roll... I hear Fiat is launching Abarth parts here.. You guys are lucky to have factory supported OEM performance parts!!!
I might not touch the suspension as it seems good for the kind of usage I have. The exhaust is certainly on cards and once Abarth is available in India then most of us will be like kids in candy store. Vitamin M permitted, I will gift Crusoe a good exhaust system later this year.

Found this yesterday on Youtube. Took a screen shot at 0:38

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-crusoe-ndtv.jpg

Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 20:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
The maximum I managed was 165 at the back straight in 4th gear. I remember reaching ~130 in 3rd gear on the main straight. Crusoe has taken it quite well. The temperature didn't rise even for a second, guess the inter-cooler played some part.

Attachment 1054665
Wow that is some real great performance from TJET. May i please ask what might be the speed on the curve.

It is quite evident that the body roll is very less on your TJET.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 17:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Wow that is some real great performance from TJET. May i please ask what might be the speed on the curve.

Hi Biraj,

Can you please answer my question.

What was the speed while you were taking the curve?
Old 4th March 2013, 18:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

Hey Amit - if your query is about the curve visible in the pic, it must have been close to 50-70 KMPH as it is a hairpin bend. Once I had to take the inner line as there was a much much faster car on the racing line and that point I remember taking this turn in second gear but close to 40 KMPH. I might have tried taking this turn faster but then that would have required some amount of drifting. Many cars had slipped at that turn and some even went into the gravel trap.

Linea's handling was evident at the chicane. I was extremely comfortable taking the chicane at decent speeds (don't remember the exact speed as my eyes were glued to the track)

I do remember taking the double apex Turn 10-11 at 115-120 and the car didn't slide or screech. I am sure people would have taken it at higher speeds especially due to the wide runoff areas. I had a very clear objective of trying to explore the limits while staying within the track. I am glad that I didn't go off the track even once.

Linea doesn't have a pronounced body roll. It maintains a good posture and instills a lot of confidence. The wide tyres also provide good grip and stability.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 20:29   #104
BHPian

18,000 KMs done

Past one month has been a busy month in office and the long hours spent in office during weekdays has meant less driving time available during weekends. In terms of update, took Crusoe for a check-up at Kashyap Motors couple of weeks ago. There was a some rattling noise from the OBD console and clutch felt hard.

Kashyap is lead by the Mr. Sharma who has been praised across forums. He is a good guy and has great knowledge of Fiat products however, my impression remains same as earlier - "A man close to his retirement with nothing more to prove" The team there is courteous but a sense of urgency while working might make us believe that they are really interested in working. One has to constantly be there at the workshop and push the SAs else, the work might get "Forgotten".

The first guy who worked on the car didn't seem interested and the clutch has per him is the lightest he has experienced in a while. It's a different story that my Punto has at least 5 times lighter clutch than Crusoe. On the rattle, they tried for a long time and then another guy took Crusoe for a road test. This guy was much better and he took a long road test but finally identified the culprit. The rattling noise wasn't from the OBD port, it came from the instrument cluster. Another couple of hours and the noise subsided. I would have given full marks only if they had put a plastic cover on the leather seats while working. It had some grease marks that I cleaned later.

Full marks to the old man that cleans the cars at Kashyap. He might not have the necessary products but is certainly very very committed towards his work.

Overall, Kashyap motors is large and has the necessary spares however, it is a bit too far for the general running repair.

Rest all is fine with Crusoe (knock on the wood).
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 12:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Biraj.
A belated happy birth day for Crusoe (I missed your last post).
Wish you loads of fun with Crusoe in the coming years.

Though I ended up purchasing the MJD, but I've been following your thread from the beginning.

How do you clean your seats? Off late I'm noticing that the driver seat of my car has got some stain marks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks