Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 22:00   #301
BHPian

Re: Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+

Given my low usage, the irrational ban on BS3 petrol vehicles, and having a new car in the garage, I haven’t used Crusoe much recently.

While Linea Tjet is a Euro 4 car, it was mistakenly listed as BS3 in the Ghaziabad RTO’s database. I never bothered about it as I could never foresee this ban. I now need to find time to correct this.

In the past few months, I frequently encountered P0039 error at less than 2000 rpm. The car ran fine above 2000 rpm but would throw error and at times, stutter at low speeds/rpm. Initially, I thought it might be a vacuum leak or a wiring issue. After visiting multiple service centers, including one run by a well-known YouTuber, without any resolution, I took it to Rafique at Jhalak (details in Sid’s post above). He was confident that the error was related to the throttle body, a common issue with the Tjet engine. He had previously fixed a similar problem in a Punto Abarth. Reluctantly, I had the throttle body replaced, which thankfully resolved the issue. The car is now running smoothly, and I’m hopeful (fingers crossed) there will be no more errors. I also got it detailed to remove the grease and dirt accumulated during the repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_3834_jpg.jpeg  

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_3476.jpeg  

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-20230729t141313.803055_img_3472_tiqqler.jpeg  

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_3473.jpeg  

Biraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 20:46   #302
BHPian

Gave Crusoe a much-needed upgrade.

While Linea's headlamps were never a strong point, I managed over the years by upgrading the bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus. With increasing age, both of the car and mine, it became increasingly difficult to drive after dark, especially with oncoming cars in high beams. I wear Zeiss DriveSafe prescription lenses, and they help, but the problem was the lack of illumination, especially with low beams. This became even more apparent after I started driving the Jimny, which has fairly good headlamps.

I was skeptical about modifying the headlamps due to potential CAN bus warnings. Thus, I explored replacing the fog lamps with projector LEDs. BHPian BB311 recommended an installer in Noida, conveniently located near my home. I checked the pricing on a Sunday evening and ended up getting the LEDs installed. The improvement in illumination is remarkable. The installer suggested setting the beams high, but I preferred them to enhance the low beam area, as the high beam was sufficient. Moreover, I didn't want to blind oncoming traffic.

The installer mentioned that these fog lamps can be connected to the high beams; however, the process of taping the wire didn’t give me much confidence. So, I declined and decided to keep them just as fog lamps.

The drive back was effortless and stress-free, a significant change from my usual night driving experience. I'm very pleased with the upgrade and think I should have done it sooner.

Brand: IPH
Bulb: LED (three color temperatures: White, yellow, and warm white)
Cost: 9.5k, including installation.

Quite a neat installation. Before (Left) and After
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-8e711a9b35aa41adbb0d2e98558a98ee.jpeg

They heated the housing a bit to achieve the snug fit.
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5335.jpeg

The initial setting, which I asked to be lowered
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5348.jpeg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5344_jpg.jpeg

Final result

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5358.jpeg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5357.jpeg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-d5f9616394144a23aa3464508e289b9b.jpeg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-6265a379c3614e21b9862e2cdd8167f3.jpeg

Installation place
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5330.jpeg
Biraj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 15:50   #303
BHPian

I am a big fan of these projector fog lamps, and I appreciate the fact that they now come with amber/yellow color light for fog. But there's a catch, they do not illuminate the immediately close area near the front bumper. This can cause some discomfort in extremely foggy conditions. I faced this issue last month when I was driving a friend's Thar with these fogs and the beam was too focused without illuminating the nearby areas. I wish there were a spot and flood combo setup available. But for less than 10k including installation, you can't really beat this setup!
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:23   #304

That is nice upgrade you have. I have FeRetrofit fogs & HiD high beam. There is the occasional CAN bus issues. My setup during a recent drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-20221023_195134.jpg  

linea_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 16:14   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
[h3]
Brand: IPH
These fogs look awesome and functional. Exactly what I was looking for Jimny. Finding a good installer in Noida was holding me back. Did you add any wiring or Linea's stock line was sufficient?
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 00:42   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
But there's a catch, they do not illuminate the immediately close area near the front bumper. This can cause some discomfort in extremely foggy conditions.
Yes, that's a tradeoff for going with a projector setup. I have kept the beams quite low, thus it illuminates the area up close quite well. Of course, it doesn't have the lateral spread of a reflector, but the overall gain in illumination makes it worth it. I now prefer taking the Jimny out in the rain and heavy fog as the higher seating also helps with visibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linea_tjet View Post
That is nice upgrade you have. I have FeRetrofit fogs & HiD high beam. There is the occasional CAN bus issues. My setup during a recent drive.
Looks great! It's the potential CAN bus error that kept me away from fiddling with the headlamps. This car is a bit too sensitive with electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
These fogs look awesome and functional. Exactly what I was looking for Jimny. Finding a good installer in Noida was holding me back. Did you add any wiring or Linea's stock line was sufficient?
These guys have done a decent job with the installation. I received a recommendation for another installer in Greater Noida, but that was too far for me. The wiring is mainly stock, but they did have to make some adjustments to the connector. I am also contemplating getting these fog lights for the Jimny but am quite happy with the headlamps and don't want to compromise the lateral throw of the current fog lamps.

Here are some more pics of the setup:

Low beam and the fog lamps at night

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_4146.jpeg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_4143.jpeg

High beam, low beam, and fogs
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5885.jpeg

Low beam and fogs
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5884.jpeg

Just fogs
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5883.jpeg

And, in other news, Crusoe has now completed 75,000 km. The first 25K took less than two years, the next 25K took about three years, and these last 25K have taken almost seven years.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img_5869.jpeg
Biraj is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks