Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2014, 12:41   #151
BHPian

re: Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+

25,000 KMs completed

On 16th Jan 2013 Crusoe completed 16K Kms, and yesterday (17th Jan 2014) Crusoe reached the 25,000 KM milestone.

The past 25K have been nothing short of bliss. Fantastic performance, great reliability (fingers crossed), amazing comfort, assuring safety, and Admiration Guaranteed!

Winters + lesser AC usage has resulted in some great fuel-efficiency too. I was checking the MID, in the past 1300 KMs (one month), the avg consumption is 11.6 KMPL. This has mix of city + highway drives, some very fast and some extremely slow drives; AC compressor has been used for 30% of time and rest of the time, blower has been on (I never drive with windows rolled down).

Will have some major updates next month as the third service is planned and the tyres will also be changed. There's also detailing at some professional place, on cards. Chances are that it will be Steam&Shine.

PS: Eagerly waiting for Crusoe's second B'day. Coincidentally, it will be my wedding reception on that day so, a grand celebration is planned for Crusoe's B'day. 2 years of bachelor time with Crusoe is coming to an end, next month. Time to expect better fuel-efficiency.
Biraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 11:51   #152
Senior - BHPian

Yep , the T-Jet gets a massive boost in mileage when the AC is not running , i was a bit skeptical of how much of a difference it would make in this car but it does , in fact the user manual mentions that the mileage goes up / comes down by about 20-30% with the AC on/off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Winters + lesser AC usage has resulted in some great fuel-efficiency too. I was checking the MID, in the past 1300 KMs (one month), the avg consumption is 11.6 KMPL. This has mix of city + highway drives, some very fast and some extremely slow drives; AC compressor has been used for 30% of time and rest of the time, blower has been on (I never drive with windows rolled down).
Old 19th February 2014, 21:57   #153
BHPian

Some major updates:
  1. 26K KMs done
  2. Third service done (cost of service ~Rs. 7800)
  3. Front brake discs and pads changed. Discs under warranty, and pad out-of-pocket.
  4. Tyres changed (all four to CEAT GRIPP LN)

Next in line is a good detailing job, and then a photo-shoot. Photo-shoot will happen after Crusoe's second b'day, and will post loads of pics at that point.

The choice of Tyres might have surprised (maybe shocked) a few. The set came at ~27K and somehow, I wasn't averse towards trying CEAT. My dad's Fiat also used to run on CEATs. Have driven them for 200 odd KMs, and there is a remarkable difference from the stock Goodyears. The road noise has gone down, even the ride seems better, and the grip is also decent.

With new brakes, oils, filters, and tyres Crusoe seems back to how it was ~2 years ago. Looking forward to its next b'day.

Last edited by Biraj : 19th February 2014 at 21:59.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 11:21   #154
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear all goes well!! Where are you planning to get her detailed from , one of the places we had discussed sometime back?

Quote:
Some major updates:
  1. 26K KMs done
  2. Third service done (cost of service ~Rs. 7800)
  3. Front brake discs and pads changed. Discs under warranty, and pad out-of-pocket.
  4. Tyres changed (all four to CEAT GRIPP LN)

Next in line is a good detailing job, and then a photo-shoot. Photo-shoot will happen after Crusoe's second b'day, and will post loads of pics at that point.

The choice of Tyres might have surprised (maybe shocked) a few. The set came at ~27K and somehow, I wasn't averse towards trying CEAT. My dad's Fiat also used to run on CEATs. Have driven them for 200 odd KMs, and there is a remarkable difference from the stock Goodyears. The road noise has gone down, even the ride seems better, and the grip is also decent.

With new brakes, oils, filters, and tyres Crusoe seems back to how it was ~2 years ago. Looking forward to its next b'day.
Old 21st February 2014, 11:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Great to hear all goes well!! Where are you planning to get her detailed from , one of the places we had discussed sometime back?
Want to get it done at Steam&Shine however, they are almost 50 KMs away from where I am. :( Guess the detailing will get pushed a bit. Got some polishing done through a local rubbing-polishing guy. The shine was very good but the result came out in the evening, under street-light. His buffing pad/technique has removed the minor swirls, and put major ones.

Will get it corrected end of next week.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 11:51   #156
Senior - BHPian

Yikes , that's unfortunate!

These guys are on my list as well in addition to Excel Spa but i will be checking out the 3M centre in East of Kailash as well and might get something done there depending on how comfortable i feel with them. And if it works out then it is a fantastic solution for me because they are all of 3 kilometers from my home.

Quote:
Want to get it done at Steam&Shine however, they are almost 50 KMs away from where I am. :( Guess the detailing will get pushed a bit. Got some polishing done through a local rubbing-polishing guy. The shine was very good but the result came out in the evening, under street-light. His buffing pad/technique has removed the minor swirls, and put major ones.

Will get it corrected end of next week.
Old 21st February 2014, 13:32   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting choice of tire . Any particular reason why you went for Ceat when people usually for Yoko , Conti, Michelin ?
Old 21st February 2014, 23:58   #158
BHPian

Quote:
i will be checking out the 3M centre in East of Kailash as well and might get something done there depending on how comfortable i feel with them. And if it works out then it is a fantastic solution for me because they are all of 3 kilometers from my home.
I tried 3M Car Care at Kailash Colony today. to it. The team is professional, and has amazing eye for detail. Will post about it in detail in the 3M Car Care thread.

Here's a pic (from the awful BB camera).

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00915201402212039.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Interesting choice of tire . Any particular reason why you went for Ceat when people usually for Yoko , Conti, Michelin ?
The answer is in the opening line of this ownership thread. "My friends know me for taking (seemingly) horrendous decisions and I have always managed to convince everyone that it was the best decision at that point in time."

I really wasn't averse towards trying the likes of CEAT, MRF, or even JK. These cos. are usually quite flexible while supporting on warranty issues, and can be useful if (god-forbid) something goes wrong. I had read the following article too. I hope the tyres don't let me down. The experience till now has been good.
Old 24th February 2014, 23:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Multijet weds Tjet.

Best wishes for a long and prosperous union.
Attached Thumbnails
Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-1393264522065.jpg  

roy_libran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 00:21   #160
BHPian

I will leak a secret here: As far as I know, Biraj has probably spent 5% of the time (or even less) grooming himself, than he had spent on detailing the T-jet for the wedding ! Wish them a happy married life and mile-crunching together.

Hum do, hamaare do (FIAT)!
lapis_lazuli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 11:53   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Best wishes for a long and prosperous union.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Wish them a happy married life and mile-crunching together.
Thank you guys! I will have to control my emotions towards Crusoe to ensure a balanced married life. Bhavi told me that I was more concerned about how my relative is driving Crusoe, than her tears during the vidai ceremony.

On a separate note - Crusoe turned 'Two' on 26th Feb. These two years with Crusoe have been nothing short of special. With all the detailing, servicing, and replacements that were done in the past weeks; Crusoe is back to the way it was in 2012. Looking forward to the next trip to Himalayas.
Old 4th March 2014, 23:43   #162
BHPian

Congrats Biraj on completing a very happy 2 years with the T-Jet and on your marriage as well.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 10:56   #163
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Biraj!! Wishing you guys a happy and long life!! Don't let the "other her" feel ignored!! :-)
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:09   #164
Senior - BHPian

I am seeing someone's wedding photographs for the first time in an ownership thread. Is this a first on TBHP?

Well, congratulations on both the fronts!
Old 5th March 2014, 15:04   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats Biraj on completing a very happy 2 years with the T-Jet and on your marriage as well.
Thank you Krish!

Quote:
Congratulations Biraj!! Wishing you guys a happy
and long life!! Don't let the "other her" feel ignored!! :-)
With 'her' being present on T-bhp, the "other her" certainly won't get ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am seeing someone's wedding photographs for the first time in an ownership thread. Is this a first on TBHP?

Well, congratulations on both the fronts!
All because of two wonderful friends I made because of T-bhp. I met Roy and Lapis because of T-bhp but the friendship has managed to move well beyond, just discussing our cars. Moreover, the significant other is also a Team-bhpian.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks