Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 19:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My White Toyota Liva GD -- Initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
...Rest are road tax (for five years), ...
You pay taxes for just 5 years in WB? That's a good option. In most of the states in India, RT is paid for 15 years bumping up the cost considerably!

Quote:
...They have added a labour charge of Rs 3.43 (very cheap labour, I must say )
Usually the accessory addition with delivery of vehicle is free since it is done from the sales team! I should say that you have been ripped off!

Quote:
...But, something I wanted and Toyota refused. Wanted to upgrade to alloy wheels, was even ready to go with them. Their reply: "This is not recommended Sir. This would make the warranty void".

Sad!
Bull crap ! If you go for same profile wheels [other brands], I dont think they can deny warranty! With the Toyota spec rims, they just cant!!!

Quote:
Good and bad things of my Toyota experience
....That's not possible in Toyota. They have one dealer, with only two workshops. I can't even have a fight!...
You should find the Toyota A$$ better than Maruti! So you will be good even if you have access to just one A$$.

Finally, I wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
This is very odd.
If you buy alloy wheels, of the recommended size, as per your vehicle model, which is endorsed as a genuine accessory by the manufacturer, from the authorised dealership, there is no way it is going to void the warranty.

Something doesn't seem to be right here. I understand that the top petrol Liva model has alloys. So what's restraining them towards the Diesel ?
Well, there is a confusion about this genuine accessory thing in Liva. Liva G comes with tyre size: 175/65/R14. The V model in Petrol has alloy wheels, so has the new "one-year celebration issue" of Liva GD, but their tyre size is: 185/60/R15.
There is a definite tyre upsize, which increases the circumference by 3.41% (see Siremull Hirachand's Tyrestore - A Generation ahead in Tyre Service - Tyres for tyre upsizing mathematics).
Toyota sells R15 alloys (no R14, unfortunately) as genuine accessory, but obviously they wouldn't let that fit in my car running on R14. Because that would change my actual odometer reading. Obviously G and V models, with different sizes tyres, have different tweaking in their respective odometers.
Probably this is the reason why they are refusing.
Old 29th August 2012, 22:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Congrats and wishing you a long and trouble free ownership. With a toyota i guess reliability should not be a problem.

Being a Vista owner was curious to know why it was not in your consideration list? Staying away from TATA?
Well, I had this strange feeling about Toyota Liva GD when I took the test drive. Have reported that it felt like it was meant to be a taxi. What I meant was, it is actually a refined Tata Indica.
I haven't checked on Vista, true. But the TATA tag, which is so familiar with taxis had actually put me off. I know Vista is a great car, everyone praises it, but I will go for it when Toyota makes a Vista.
Well, I didn't try the Fiat Punto too. Because, there won't be too many takers in Kolkata if I have to sell off the car.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:05   #19
BHPian

Dear Arjab,

Thanks for your post. Have mailed you on this issue. Yes, since I am still a newbie, I think the PM thing is blocked. I can't send PMs either.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:12   #20
BHPian

A huge thank you to all fellow T-BHPians for this alloy wheel upgrade suggestions. If Toyota sorts out the issue of warranty, personally I would prefer to have 195/60/R14 wheels, how about that?
Meanwhile on the second day of testing my car (drove about 35 km today -- after the fuel fill have driven 66 km so far) I have a few observations.
The lumber support of the car is good, but I have a feeling the same is not true for under-thigh support. It will not be very relaxing to drive for long hours on a highway.
The steering grip is a bit too thick, might suit people with huge palms, but the grip is not that comfortable in my average-sized hand.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Congrats on your new Liva GD. I have a Ultramarine blue Liva GD, thats run 11000+ kms. The engine noise comes down slightly over time / kms.

I would recommend a 3M or Wurth under chassis coating for under chassis protection and noise deading, more so with our bad roads and being close to the ocean.

Enjoy the car and drive safe.

Cheers,
Sats
Thanks for boosting my confidence about the engine sound. You are lucky, you have the best colour in your Liva. Actually, I wanted this color, but it was not readily available. I would have had to wait for about 45 days, so I settled for white.

As regards under-body coating, I'll probably go for it during the first servicing.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:33   #22
BHPian

Yes, RT is paid for just 5 years in WB. It's not actually a good option, because you must be knowing the Indian RTOs, and how difficult it might become to pay your tax the next time. You tend to forget and then run into trouble.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Liva.
I find it quite odd that you actually like a noisy car.

Hope the alloy wheel issue is sorted out soon.
Good to know that WB government allows only 5 year tax to be paid.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 10:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I find it quite odd that you actually like a noisy car.

Hope the alloy wheel issue is sorted out soon.
Good to know that WB government allows only 5 year tax to be paid.
It's not that I actually like a noisy car. It's only because I am quite used to it. I belong to the Amby and Premier generation and my first diesel car was a Padmini Diesel. If the noise of Liva Diesel is like a tractor, I would define the sound of the Premier Diesel as, well, like a Concord. Compared to that noise, to which I was used to, Liva Diesel is nothing! But yes, Liva Diesel is noisy no doubt, as compared to let's say Figo.

Personally, I don't like the 5 year tax system. It's a hassle to renew the tax token after every five years. Since the car's registration number is valid for 15 years, the government should collect tax for 15 years at the outset. People would require to go to the RTO after 15 years, only if they decide to keep their cars after 15 years.

With this, I would like to add that WB government is discussing introducing this 15 year road tax system as is the norm in other states. However, here people would be given two choices: you can opt for either the existing 5 year tax system renewable after every five years or can go for the 15 year thing as a one-time payment. The 15-year tax paid token would cost less.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:29   #25
BHPian

195/60 R14 wouldn't it make it a bit low profile. Besides as you said Kolkata roads aren't real the best so it would amplify the bumps & potholes even more.

If you do intend to do an antirust coating get it done at 3m rather than at A**.

Do post some more pics of the interiors and keep updating your thread.

Wish you many miles of hassle free ownership
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 12:57   #26
BHPian

First of all, congrats on the purchase.

Secondly, where are the pics!? Please post pics of your car.

If you feel tired of the tractor noise and want to reduce it, you can try http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...at-xtreme.html, this is a good product from a BHP'ian!

Happy and safe driving.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 14:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
==============
Wish you many miles of hassle free ownership
Thank you so much. But 195/60 does increase the ground clearance slightly and will be within the prescribed Odo difference level, right?
Anyway, I am not considering alloys as of now before I manage a clearance from Toyota A$$ here.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no exclusive 3M outlet in Kolkata, so probably will have to go with the A$$.
Interiors are being spruced up today, will post the pics tomorrow.
Old 30th August 2012, 14:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
First of all, congrats on the purchase.
============
Happy and safe driving.
Thank you so much for the thread. Will surely think about this. Frankly, as I had told before, I don't feel much irritated about the noise. On the contrary, it gives me the confidence that I am on diesel and saving money.

I have posted pics of delivery, will post details of the interiors once I've put on the ICE and seat covers.
Old 30th August 2012, 20:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Theoretically the difference in ground clearance between the two cars is just 2 mm. How come every Figo owner feels that the car is low and the Liva owners don't?
My 2 cents:

The wheelbase of Figo is 2489mm and that of Liva is 2460mm so even though the GC (Figo stands at 168mm and Liva at 170mm) is only 02 mm more than the Figo the longer wheelbase and the suspension set up ensure the Figo is prone to kiss the tarmac and in a bad way However this issue no longer persists in the newer Figos (unconfirmed source: Sept 2011 onwards manufactured) and should definitely be resolved in the new Figo
Old 31st August 2012, 00:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
However this issue no longer persists in the newer Figos (unconfirmed source: Sept 2011 onwards manufactured) and should definitely be resolved in the new Figo
Even I read these reports and was optimistic. But the problem seems to persist. I took feedbacks from Figo owners who purchased the car in May this year. Even their cars have the kiss disease.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks