Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 16:20   #16
BANNED

Re: Maruti Swift VDi Ownership Report - 50,000 kms clocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guys, lately I have been experiencing a low mileage. I used to get a constant figure of about 15-16kmpl in city but now dropped to 12-13kmpl during the last few refills. What needs to be checked? Topped the engine oil recently. Car has now clocked around 53k kms.
It could be clogged injectors or bad fuel. How does the air filter look? If its too dark then it not doing its job fully.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 16:24   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It could be clogged injectors or bad fuel. How does the air filter look? If its too dark then it not doing its job fully.

Anurag.
Didnt check the air filter. Have to do so. I think it's time for a change. Was waiting for the car to clock 60k kms so that I can give it for service.
Old 17th April 2013, 20:11   #18
BANNED

Quote:

Didnt check the air filter. Have to do so. I think it's time for a change. Was waiting for the car to clock 60k kms so that I can give it for service.
When as was it you changed the air filter last? At 50k kms?

I change every 5000kms.

Anurag.
Old 17th April 2013, 23:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

If the air filter is clogged, the engine response will be affected to a very noticeable degree. How is the clutch?
Old 18th April 2013, 10:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When as was it you changed the air filter last? At 50k kms?

I change every 5000kms.

Anurag.
It was changed during the 40k km service. So it's been almost 12k kms with the same air filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If the air filter is clogged, the engine response will be affected to a very noticeable degree. How is the clutch?
Clutch isnt all that bad. Didnt notice any difference. BTW, how much kms you get for 500/- diesel topup? My average is around 150-160 sometimes 180kms.
Old 18th April 2013, 16:51   #21
BANNED

Quote:
It was changed during the 40k km service. So it's been almost 12k kms with the same air filter.
Ah! 12K Kms on one air filter is not good buddy!

Change it ASAP! But when you give it for 60k Kms service get it clear to them as to not change the air filter.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 23:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, how much kms you get for 500/- diesel topup? My average is around 150-160 sometimes 180kms.
I always tank up. But that average sounds just about right. 16ish is what I get from a tank when I enjoy the car. i.e. constantly in the power band. And If I am careful and make it a point to always shift up at 2K RPM, I get 18+ on a tank.

I hope you clean the air filter from time to time. Our dusty conditions clog the filter very fast.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 09:40   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah! 12K Kms on one air filter is not good buddy!

Change it ASAP! But when you give it for 60k Kms service get it clear to them as to not change the air filter.

Anurag.
Planning to get this changed asap. Thanks for your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I always tank up. But that average sounds just about right. 16ish is what I get from a tank when I enjoy the car. i.e. constantly in the power band. And If I am careful and make it a point to always shift up at 2K RPM, I get 18+ on a tank.

I hope you clean the air filter from time to time. Our dusty conditions clog the filter very fast.
I sometimes manage to squeeze around 200kms for a 500/- fill but the average is around 150-160. But now dropped to around 120-140kms. Shall change the air filter soon. I guess this might improve it. Planning to check the filter this week to see it's condition.
Old 28th April 2013, 14:02   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Changed the air filter. After using the previous filter for almost 12k, it was black in color. Felt immediate improvement in the pickup. Have to check whether this improves the FE. Also checked the fluids and cleaned the battery terminals.

Expense - 410 including labor.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:58   #25
BHPian

Excellent thread naveen. Missed it some how till this day. Being a fellow swift owner who bought the car around the same time as you (July 2009,64k kms on odo) I can relate to lot of points you have highlighted here.
1. Suspension is problematic even though I am using 185/70/R 14 tyres. replaced multiple times under warranty.
2. Rattles: as bad as it can get. Multiple sounds coming from dashboard like you mentioned. Driving without music is not adviced
3. FE seems to have reduced little bit after 55k though the air filter is less than 10k old. should I get injectors checked?
4. Cost of service: used to do it every 5k but stopped it off late. 10k services are expensive and 20k services costs a bomb. 60K cost me 8k. Quality of service seems to be declining also.
Engine and performance : this is what keeps me going. Still brings a smile every time I hit the highway.
Old 28th April 2013, 17:18   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
3. FE seems to have reduced little bit after 55k though the air filter is less than 10k old. should I get injectors checked?
How do you find the throttle response to be while accelerating? Have you got the injector cleaned any time in your ownership time?

If not get them cleaned once when you go for the next service.

Quote:
4. Cost of service: used to do it every 5k but stopped it off late. 10k services are expensive and 20k services costs a bomb. 60K cost me 8k. Quality of service seems to be declining also.
Engine and performance : this is what keeps me going. Still brings a smile every time I hit the highway.
Services are costing a bomb now a days. Specially the 20K, 40K, 60K, 80K and so on the even number ones. In the even number service most of the fluids in the car are changed and added fresh and the filters too which in turn raises the bill. Sometimes the brake pads are changed even if there is still life in them. Maruti says its preventive measure for customer safety.

But the odd number services pertain to mostly oil change and air filter with any brake cleaning if necessary.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 28th April 2013, 21:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag

How do you find the throttle response to be while accelerating? Have you got the injector cleaned any time in your ownership time?

If not get them cleaned once when you go for the next service.

Services are costing a bomb now a days. Specially the 20K, 40K, 60K, 80K and so on the even number ones. In the even number service most of the fluids in the car are changed and added fresh and the filters too which in turn raises the bill. Sometimes the brake pads are changed even if there is still life in them. Maruti says its preventive measure for customer safety.

But the odd number services pertain to mostly oil change and air filter with any brake cleaning if necessary.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Throttle response is good. but I have never done injector cleaning before. any idea how much it costs?
Old 29th April 2013, 09:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent thread naveen. Missed it some how till this day. Being a fellow swift owner who bought the car around the same time as you (July 2009,64k kms on odo) I can relate to lot of points you have highlighted here.
So guess all these problems are common among other Swift owners. I havent cleaned the injectors. Planning to do it when I give it for 60k kms service. Even I stopped servicing every 5k kms. Changed the engine oil few thousand kms back, and now got a new air filter. So it's 60k kms service next time.

Even though the labor is priced on the higher side, they seem to be doing a good job. Especially where I go. Might be because I had forwarded a complaint against a SA and he was properly dealt with by the MASS. He is really active now and does an excellent job. I make sure I contact him for any small issues. I just asked for a filter change yesterday but he made sure that all fluids are within limits. He even topped some fluids for free. And for any minor issues or fixes, it's always best to go on Sun. You get proper attention and the place will be free.

Rattles are still there even though they rectified during the last service.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 29th April 2013 at 09:51.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 14:52   #29
BHPian

naveen, you drive a vento diesel also right? Why don't you post a comparison between the two somewhere? It will be very useful for folks like me who is contemplating an upgrade from swift.
Old 12th May 2013, 08:13   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
naveen, you drive a vento diesel also right? Why don't you post a comparison between the two somewhere? It will be very useful for folks like me who is contemplating an upgrade from swift.
I had actually posted a small comparison in some thread long time back. Moreover, Vento is no longer here. Verna AT replaced it.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks