Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 18:34   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajTurbo
Any link where I can know the precautions to take with a new car (speed limits to follow etc.,).
Congratulations. On a light note, I don't know how to create a link to your owners' manual. Please take the effort and read the entire manual.
Old 4th April 2006, 20:00   #32
BANNED

Great review! It blew away anything I had to complain about the longterm reports. Complete in almost all that matters in a long term review. Maybe you should give some lessons to Sirish,Srini,Y.Pratap and Shapur Kotwal who writes long term reports in various mags.

Hats off to you, Hellrider! You're qualified for Heaven!
Old 6th April 2006, 19:13   #33
BHPian

Indica DLX Turbo

Hi Raj,

Check this out :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/204864-post48.html

Quote:
Hello All,

Took the delivery of the car yesterday. After much deliberation, and test driving Swift and Indica Turbo, finally went for Turbo.

Will be fitting with the accessories in the next one week.

Take care guys..
Old 6th April 2006, 20:07   #34

Thanks Zappo, Himanshu and hrag..

I got a direct home delivery from the Stockyard. The dealer is yet to give me the drivers manual and other stuff. Thats why my earlier question.. Thanks anyways. I shall read thru the manual in detail once I get it.

Hey Sameer.. I too had similar considerations before buying the car. Let me elaborate..

-------------
Infact, I test drove Indica Turbo, Xeta, Swift, Old Honda City (year 2000) and Chevy Aveo.. Finally I went for Indica Turbo, because most of my driving will be for sight seeing in weekends. The fuel bill will also be light on my pocket, so I dont need to be afraid for running trips around Mumbai city.

Coming to the new car, this is what I see.. Guys, tell me if it is ok to drive like this during run-in.

Lowest speed at which you can shift to this gear
2nd - 5-10 kmph
3rd - 20 kmph
4th - 30-35 kmph
5th - 40-45 kmph

In otherwords, I am surprised that one can drive at such low speeds on higher gears in this car. I think its pretty decent.
Ofcourse, the pickup will be slow, and you wont get the kick of turbo.. I think such sedate driving is going to give good mileage too during run-in.. LOL!

Other observation is - that if you change to higher gear @>900 rpm, the car wont knock.
---------------

These are my thoughts guys.. Will be waiting for your response if this approach is right or wrong..
Old 6th April 2006, 21:43   #35

Heres an add-on question:

Someone told me that:
1)before driving the Turbo Diesel car, you need to start and idle it for atleast a minute.
2) Also, before you turn off the engine, you let the car idle for a minute.

Is it true..? Will there be any probelms to the Turbo if we don't follow the above points? I am concerned about point 2 especially.

Mods - please move it to a more appropriate forum/thread as you feel.
Old 6th April 2006, 23:00   #36
BHPian

Excellent review mate. Very well written.
And recently TATA service is gearing up each day. During my last service, I got a courtesy car for my use when they came to pick my vehicle up.
Old 6th April 2006, 23:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heres an add-on question:

Someone told me that:
1)before driving the Turbo Diesel car, you need to start and idle it for atleast a minute.
2) Also, before you turn off the engine, you let the car idle for a minute.

Is it true..? Will there be any probelms to the Turbo if we don't follow the above points? I am concerned about point 2 especially.

Mods - please move it to a more appropriate forum/thread as you feel.
There are threads regarding this. Please search the forum for the same.
Old 7th April 2006, 11:49   #38
BHPian

Hi,

Is that so ? - very professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
And recently TATA service is gearing up each day. During my last service, I got a courtesy car for my use when they came to pick my vehicle up.
Old 7th April 2006, 14:12   #39

thanks Das.. I searched the links in the forum and got all the relevant information.

bye for now..
Old 13th April 2006, 08:59   #40
BHPian

hey guys , my indica is going to be delivered today . i just wanted to know what fe should i expect out of it in this running in period as well as after this period this car is bought for factry purpose i.e. carrying alot of load of around 500 kgs averagely so i wanted to know if it would be ok to carry such stuff during the runnning in period or i should wait for my car to clock 1500 kms . another query : if i have to wait for it to clock 1500 kms , then is ok to take the car on the highway , to pune or some place like that to clock 1500 kms as this car needs to start working as soon as possible . please let me guys
Old 13th April 2006, 09:01   #41
BHPian

i fergot to mention , its the tata v2 turbo model and it is going to travel 100 kms with 500 kgs stuff everyday
Old 13th April 2006, 10:37   #42
Team-BHP Support

DO NOT do this for first 1500kms. Avoid crossing 2500rpm on the tacho and no heavy loads. After this period you can use 500kg loading. Also use around 32psi in all tyres when using heavy load.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:58   #43
BHPian

but is it ok if i take my car out of bombay ? and what fe can i expect during therun in period with a/c 100% - city and highwayrun in period without a/c - city and highwayafter run-in period with a/c 100% - city and highwayafter run-in period without a/c - city and highway
Old 13th April 2006, 11:08   #44
Team-BHP Support

As long as you stick to the 2500rpm limit you can take your car out of India if you want.
About the mileage, I dont know indica turbo figures but they should be close to indigo.
In Indigo I used to get
14kmpl city(Full AC)
19-20kmpl Highway (Full AC)
dont know about without AC figures, add about 1.5 for city and 1 for highway if the windows are closed. If windows are open with no AC you will get same mileage on highway with or without AC.
In runin period subtract 1.5-2 from the figures.

But actually it depends on driving style. When I fractured my shoulder my wife used to drive. She drives very lightfooted and we got 16.5-17 in Delhi city traffic(20%AC). I would get around 15-16 in such conditions.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
Huh!!! A courtsey car?! In hyderabad? Who services your car mate? And was it a free service? I mean, was it a within warranty service? I do not think Autofin at least does anything of the sort here (gotta ask the next time though...)!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks