Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 19:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Sixth Day: The Photoshoot-3

Nice evaluation, analysis and buying experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I have installed them in my Sail UVA.
Attachment 1128836
I don't plan on fixing seat covers. I like the texture and color of the original seats.
Your only less than 1000 Kms of monthly drive would keep your OE seat fabrics look as new for several years. I have real experience in my Swift.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 21:00   #122
Team-BHP Support

re: BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: First 1,000 kms weekend trip done.

Tanked up today on my way home.

200 kms driven before service and another 200 after service.

Some free reving in the third gear.
Had a traffic jam drive that covered 2 kms in 1.5 hours.

Mileage a very decent 12 kmpl.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:09   #123
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Third day of ownership.

Quote:
I feel like a small child getting happy on such mundane things. Maybe as time passes and the novelty slowly wears off, I will get bored of it all, but most probably not.
Trust me, if you take proper care, this baby will give you a fantastic long service without any big glitches.
After nine and a half years of owning a GM product, I can vouch for it. I drove a same model as yours few days back and I liked it.
It's surely not for those who're looking at super duper quarter mile experience but it does its duty extremely well.

Congrats! It IS A WISE PURCHASE!

I liked the wild butch stance of your car and just to emphasis that, here's a snap from your collection. Given a chance I would have shot something like this..

BBLost's Chevrolet Sail UVA: 100k. Full Suspension Overhaul.-imran.jpg
Rudra Sen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:13   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Trust me, if you take proper care, this baby will give you a fantastic long service without any big glitches.
After nine and a half years of owning a GM product, I can vouch for it. I drove a same model as yours few days back and I liked it.
It's surely not for those who're looking at super duper quarter mile experience but it does its duty extremely well.

Congrats! It IS A WISE PURCHASE!

I liked the wild butch stance of your car and just to emphasis that, here's a snap from your collection. Given a chance I would have shot something like this..

Wow.
That is such an awesome picture.
Thanks a LOT. That is gonna be my wall paper at work.

I am currently confusing a lot of people by keeping the car under a car cover and regularly washing and waxing the car.

Compared to my old wagon which I would not really care about. This car because of its shade looks super ugly when dirty and extremely sexy when clean and waxed.
The contrast between the two states is so much that I simply cannot help myself but keep it clean.

Last edited by bblost : 25th September 2013 at 22:15.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Completely agree, I have an Aveo 1.4 for 6 yrs now, extremely comfy, reliable, sturdy, drivers car and decent maintenance costs too.

I did test the Sail out, but found the doors a bit tinny, even compared to the Beat; except for that, would have been on top of my list.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 20:59   #126
Team-BHP Support

Have driven over 1,500 kms.

The engine is opening up beautifully. Have to be a little careful on the outer ring road as it tends to gather speed.

The best speed for this car happens to 100 kmph.
At this speed it totally settles into the road. No noise and very stable.

I was waiting at a KFC drive in and getting very impatient. In my old wagonr I could simple rock myself and shake the entire car.
This car is way to solid and I must have left behind a confused guy at KFC who saw me trying to rock the car.

Mileage is quite steady at around 12 kmpl.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 11:43   #127
BHPian

Hi BBlost,

Many thanks for sharing your expert review on the forum and i am glued to it.

Can you confirm if you took the seat covers from the dealer itself & if you have considered putting the front seat arm rest as well?

Thanks
g.e

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2013 at 12:42. Reason: Corrected the arm rest location.
Old 11th October 2013, 16:07   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
Hi BBlost,

Many thanks for sharing your expert review on the forum and i am glued to it.

Can you confirm if you took the seat covers from the dealer itself & if you have considered putting the front seat arm rest as well?

Thanks
g.e
I don't intend to fix seat covers.

Also since the rear seat is a 60-40 split, no plans on getting any sort of rear arm rest installed.
I don't think I want a front arm rest either.

I usually rest my hand on the gear lever. But I will think about this. Maybe it might be something for the future.

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2013 at 12:44.
Old 15th October 2013, 15:30   #129
Team-BHP Support

14.77 kmpl.

I am so pleasantly surprised at this milage figure.
Tank was filled up after 247 kms. Of these some 60 kms were on ORR driving with family. Since my family was along I was driving very conservatively and always under a 100.
Rest of the distance was a mix of normal city and ORR.
No major traffic jams in this run.

I also picked up a HP V-165 W 8 GB Pen Drive.
This is a very small pendrive. I copied some songs but the HU refused to play it. After a complete format of the drive and copying songs again. It started playing.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 17:30   #130
Senior - BHPian

The pendrive you have bought is very prone to fail a lot of times. Make sure you preserve the original bill/cover of the pen drive. After getting it replaced a number of times from HP, the latest one I got as replacement got corrupt in few weeks :( Now I just lack energy to again put myself through that again. For anyone considering a small foot print pendrive, I will suggest Sandisk cruzer fit. Using the Fit pendrive for past 3 years with absolutely 0 problems.

14.77 kmpl is impressive! Does the lack of space near clutch to keep the left foot bothers still? Or have you overcome it?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 18:44   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
The pendrive you have bought is very prone to fail a lot of times. Make sure you preserve the original bill/cover of the pen drive. After getting it replaced a number of times from HP, the latest one I got as replacement got corrupt in few weeks :( Now I just lack energy to again put myself through that again. For anyone considering a small foot print pendrive, I will suggest Sandisk cruzer fit. Using the Fit pendrive for past 3 years with absolutely 0 problems.

14.77 kmpl is impressive! Does the lack of space near clutch to keep the left foot bothers still? Or have you overcome it?
Bought from Croma, so they emailed the bill. I hope it does not fail. I was using a pen drive branded from croma for the past 2 years. Is still running with no issues. Only problem is its length.

I have no issues with clutch space.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:44   #132
Team-BHP Support

To celebrate Bakr'id, I went down to my sister-in-laws place.
They live about 37 kms from my home. But the Hyderabad ORR connects our houses but the distance is 70kms.

So took the ORR for both the trips. Was driving with my family and it took just about an hour of ORR's super roads to do the trip.

I was at 120 kmph for most of the time.

The car is quite stable at that speed. It has a very sensitive steering but I have gotten used to it.
While the ORR surface is quite decent on some parts there is a height difference between adjacent panels. So the car can feel a little wavy. Because I was not driving alone, I would slow down at such places.
The 5th gear is quite a poor accelerator. So I would always end up downshifting to the fourth.

But overall the car likes the highways and I am feeling a lot more confident in it than I ever did in my Wagon R.

My next long distance trip would be in December. Can hardly wait.
Old 21st October 2013, 13:34   #133
Senior - BHPian

Okay. I might be buying a Sail soon. So in your opinion, is it a worthy buy?

P.S: How is the build quality?
Old 21st October 2013, 13:46   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Okay. I might be buying a Sail soon. So in your opinion, is it a worthy buy?

P.S: How is the build quality?
Hey,

Between the 04 Wagon r which I drove for 7 years and my new Sail, the Sail is much more solid.
In fact the other day while out shopping with my wife, she was complaining that the door feels so damn heavy.

I am quite satisfied with the Sail. The mileage is quite decent. Its highway manners adequate.

The lack of low end grunt is an issue. But since the car is almost 2,000 kms old, I no longer bother with the second gear in steep inclines.
Simply rev it on the first gear and finish the climb in peace.
Old 21st October 2013, 14:02   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also picked up a HP V-165 W 8 GB Pen Drive.
This is a very small pendrive. I copied some songs but the HU refused to play it. After a complete format of the drive and copying songs again. It started playing.
I have a Tanscend 8GB pen drive in my Beat's standard HU.
I have noticed that if the total number of songs exceed 4.5GB, then the HU refuses to read the latest added songs. I have folders like "Latest Hindi", "English", "Enigma", "Kumar Sanu", etc etc. So if I add a folder named "Raamleela", the HU doesn't pick up this folder if the total increases beyond 4.5GB. So I delete some songs from other folders and keep it under 4.5GB. Then the latest added folder "Ramleela" shows up in the HU folder selector.

No amount of formatting / putting in one single folder helps. I just have to maintain under 4.5GB.

I haven't gone back through the pages in this thread, whether your Sail has the standard HU or did you install any aftermarket HU ?

May be there is a handling capacity of Chevy's standard HUs'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks