Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:47   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: An "adopted" Blue eyed boy: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR - Update - 11 Years & 93,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Crossed the 45k mark today. Ten days back, I changed the OE SF Sonic battery after 5 years 10 months as the cranks had started becoming long/hesitant over the prior two days. I got the Amaron Flo this time from www.carbatteryexpert.com and paid Rs.3325 after exchanging the old battery.
After 5 years, the battery gave up. The battery guy suggested charging it and using it for another few months but we chose to get a new one. Another Amaron was put into service. After exchanging of the old one, new battery costed 3400 (nil appreciation in price after 5 years).

One of the battery clamps was also badly corroded. We got that replaced as well with a new one. Last but not the least, I ordered a set of HSRP number plates for the RoadRunner which should be ready by next week.

Next, insurance has to be renewed before end of July.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:05   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR. EDIT: 13 years, 96,000 kms and SOLD!

Insurance was due. Renewed it on the IFFCO TOKIO website and opted the maximum possible IDV as usual (of Rs.119640). The total premium was Rs.3666.

Entering into the 12th year now. My father refuses to change the car as he is happy with this beater. Meets his sparse use case and is easy for him to drive around the city.
Old 4th December 2022, 12:02   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR. EDIT: 13 years, 96,000 kms and SOLD!

A year gone by since the car had been serviced and the Maruti dealers had been pestering me with 20-30 calls reminding that a service was due. Given the car had run less 2k kms, I kept ignoring them until I would be home and can take the car myself for servicing.

But RoadRunner had other plans. On Friday, dad starts from home for some work and realises that the car is jerking badly. Work was important so he went, came back and immediately called the local dealer Sky for a car service pickup. Also asked him to complete the general service.

From the symptoms, I suspected it to be a shot ignition coil and was right. The coil was replaced, along with consumables like caliper pins (), oil and filter. Suspension, clutch, brake pads were given a thumbs up. Total bill post discounts came to Rs.5298. The car would be delivered today and should be set for another fill it-shut it-forget it year.

ODO stands at 93,xxx kms.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th December 2022 at 12:05.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 12:18   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From the symptoms, I suspected it to be a shot ignition coil and was right. The coil was replaced
After changing the ignition coil, the car felt much smoother and driveable in the traffic. The other day, I was driving my dad around the city and told him how car is able to potter around in the 3rd gear at 20 kmph even with AC on.
But the joy was short-lived.

Yesterday, I went for short night drive with wife and on the way back, the car started jerking again. I suspected the ignition coil thinking the new one went bad. As it turns out, they had changed the coil for cylinder 1 only and now, the coil for cyl #3 had gone defunct. I wanted to replace both the old ones but the service center had only 1. The defunct one was replaced today while another coil for cyl #2 has been ordered and should be replaced sometime next week. Total cost Rs. 1459. I also asked them to change the spark plugs in one go.

The one at the top (or left) was replaced earlier and today, the one at the bottom (or extreme right) had to be replaced
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20230103_163312.jpg

The fuel flap release spring is not working. So even if the flap release button is pulled, it unlocks the flap but has to be manually pulled out. The service center confirmed it comes as a part of the cable set but they don't have it in stock. Another part on order.

After close to 12 years, the interiors rattle here and there but everything works without failure
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20221229_164752.jpg

Along with rattles, the scratches on the glass and paint are an eyesore. If we decide to retain this longer, I will get these fixed on priority
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20221212_185915.jpg

Quote:
MRF ZLX 165/65 R14 Update

Got 4 tyres replaced.
ODO is currently at 74.7k kms.
These tyres are ~4 yrs and 20k kms old. I could see surface scratches on (only) 1 of them while the remaining ones are in better shape. The tyres tend to remain under-inflated at times and yet, are holding on well.

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20221212_122910.jpg

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20221212_123255.jpg

The ODO stands at 93800 kms.

The RoadRunner stands fair beside the Coyote.
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-20230104_110256-2.jpg

The other Korean belongs to our neighbor. He was not happy with his Compass 1.4 (can be seen on the right) engine performance, the poor FE and huge service bills. Since his brother already has a Seltos D top end, he decided to get a Creta D AT as a replacement. Per his initial feedback, the Creta feels a little less planted but performs several times better than the petrol Compass.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th January 2023 at 12:27.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 12:20   #170
Senior - BHPian

Appreciate your updates, very helpful as I am able to connect a lot with your use case especially the current situation

You've been using the 100/90 headlamp bulbs for some time now and they seem to be working fine without any visible side-effects to the reflectors or electricals.
Did you just replace the bulbs or you had to carry out anything else in the electricals/fuse area ?

FYI, I have zeroed in on MRF ZLX 165/65 R14 for the next change sometime this year as the usage pattern is quite uncertain as of now.
Literally eyeballed the pics of the RoadRunner shod with Yokohama and ZLX to get a sense of the profile

Last edited by shancz : 27th September 2023 at 12:21. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:57   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

RoadRunner turned 12 in July and the odo is a little shy of 95k kms. I renewed the insurance in July sticking to Iffco Tokio as has been the case since beginning. Paid Rs.3201 for an IDV of 1,07,640.

The driver side power window is acting up. The glass fails to go up at times and takes multiple attempts. I suspected the window glass beading which is supposed to be a weak area for this model (as told by a MASS technician) and was replaced a decade ago. Dad has been busy and the car is used almost daily these days although running for 5-10 kms only. He hasn't got a chance to get it looked at but finally called up the service center last week for a pick up and drop. They suspect it is the motor and have placed an order for it. Once they have the parts in stock, they will pick the car for repairs.

Last week, dad said the aftermarket handrest broke. I am not sure which part broke but he agrees he had been putting a lot of pressure on it while getting in/out of car which is not the intended use case. Given that, the handrest has lasted long enough and we both agree it was a very useful addition. Have asked him to get it checked at an accessory shop if it can be salvaged/repaired for some more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Appreciate your updates, very helpful as I am able to connect a lot with your use case especially the current situation

You've been using the 100/90 headlamp bulbs for some time now and they seem to be working fine without any visible side-effects to the reflectors or electricals.
Did you just replace the bulbs or you had to carry out anything else in the electricals/fuse area ?
100/90 or higher bulbs require a relay to be fitted as well. I got a Phillips relay (from Amazon) and those bulbs fitted, was a 5 min job for the FNG. These bulbs have a slightly shorter life but I used to carry spare and replace them myself whenever it fused. The current set of Osram all weather 100/90 bulbs are 4 years/20k kms old without any issue. Reflectors are in perfect condition so far.

Quote:
FYI, I have zeroed in on MRF ZLX 165/65 R14 for the next change sometime this year as the usage pattern is quite uncertain as of now.
Literally eyeballed the pics of the RoadRunner shod with Yokohama and ZLX to get a sense of the profile
Earth 1s are chunky with a square profile and improve the looks of car. They look wider than the ZLX. Road(dry/wet) grip is significantly better. As a downside, they make the ride hard on bad roads and are noisy. For city oriented use, ZLX are perfect.

Last edited by ashis89 : 27th September 2023 at 14:04.
Old 10th December 2023, 00:26   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1460.jpeg

RoadRunner continues to do its duty at home, completing 10 years with us (and 12 overall).

Power window module was on order and was replaced sometime in October. Cost us about 2.5k. Then in November, I got a call from Sky Automobiles reminding me of the annual service and also about some Diwali service offer going on. After checking with my father’s need for the car, I asked the service centre to pick it up for service. Car was picked up around 10:30AM and dropped home by 5PM. Final bill was about 5.6k post discount. Just regular service 100k service and no fancy stuff. Cheap Maruti service remains a myth.

I was home for a couple of weeks and so covered some 200 odd kms. Car runs fine and does duty in the city only. Before returning to Bangalore, I gave a quick wash and wipe.

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1461.jpeg

While cleaning, I noticed that leaves are getting accumulated behind the front quarter panel. Not sure how they're getting there. I didn't have much time to clean it so will take it up during next visit
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1545.jpeg
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1546.jpeg

Odo stands at 96k.

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1547.jpeg

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_1548.jpeg

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th December 2023 at 00:27.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 10:22   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!

After spending more than 10 yrs. with us, RoadRunner has moved on. The odo reading was 96531 kms when they took him away on Feb 22 2024. The depreciation loss was just 10k per annum he spent with us.

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-b12604861bd7478dbf62ae2e43dcbb93.jpeg

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-ba4f2870d8604fc18d12dfe01445cb8a.jpeg

An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-0dc85a9530034ec38fdc5d8effe9b36c.jpeg

Exchanged it for another Maruti.
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-img_2465.jpeg

When I went to get the papers for the new car, there were already potential buyers checking out the mighty RoadRunner among the sea of used cars. At least 5 other acquaintances told my father they would bought it off him, had they known it was up for sale. Such is the demand for an old WagonR. But the exchange was just smooth and convenient.

My father still laments that he could drive the tall lanky WagonR carefree on the city roads which he won't be now. But he also likes the new one and very happy about it.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th February 2024 at 10:44.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 12:43   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!

Quote:
While cleaning, I noticed that leaves are getting accumulated behind the front quarter panel. Not sure how they're getting there. I didn't have much time to clean it so will take it up during next visit
Leaves enter from the wiper area, into the cowl top and slide down the fender area. Same issue with my i20 and Tiago as well.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 07:35   #175
Senior - BHPian

Re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!

I have a 2013 dec vxi which i got preowned. Had bought it to ferry my then pregnant wife as i felt it had the best Ingress and egress. Thought of keeping the car for just a year and sell it off post delivery. But now, after seeing its practicality, its getting a bit difficult to let it go.
I still feel the old Wagon R was the best of the lot, even my trusty mechie at the SVC is of the same opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!-hatchi_1.jpg  

rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:58   #176
BHPian

Re: An "adopted" blue eyed boy | Pre-owned Maruti WagonR | EDIT: 13 years, 96000 km and SOLD!

i own a 2013 Wagon R and it clocked around 160000 KMs and still going good. Changed clutch assembly after 1.25L KMs. Had a problem in rear right window locks and got it replaced during clutch assembly change. Planning to hold it for some more time before adding a new car.

Other updates and parts replacement done are
1. Replaced OEM music player to a touch screen system
2. Added rear parking camera while updating to touch screen system
3. vibrations started coming after crossing 1.40L KMs and found that engine mounts had issues. So replaced them.
4. Front disc brakes were replaced after completing 1L KMs.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks