Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 10:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza Club Class VX - 12 months of joy unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanatlarj View Post
I agree that people on this forum are biased when it comes to acknowledging the Manza but I wont blame them as much as I would blame the TML for their poor QC and the after sales service for letting this happen. They have indeed failed their customers several times and their dealers are indeed the dark devils here. I was at Dingra motors Gurgaon last weekend and was enquiring about the Zest and the new Safari, can you believe they did not even a Test vehicle for TD and their team did not even appear to care about it (they didn't even note down my name/contact)

Well back to our loving Manzas; I have heard that TML has stopped the production of Manza and only those lying with the dealers are the ones available for sale. Is that how it looks in your city too ? Do you see any new Manza's on road of late? I am sure the resale value of the vehicle will take a hit. My bigger fear is that TML may stop selling spare parts of the car soon making it even more difficult for folks like us who love this car.

Is there any other active forum of Manza owners where one could keep in touch with active folks talking about their ownership?

Till then, Take care & God bless!
Van
Agree with everything said on this thread. Yes, it is an underrated car, yes it's extremely VFM, yes it's very reliable, yes the ASC is poor.

I have a 2011 Manza (pre-club class) 78K kms on the odo. Never once has been it unreliable. I've owned 3 Tata vehicles in the past including the Manza and a Venture and a Nano. The ASC used to be good but it slowly deteriorated. And this was a problem as I couldn't find FNGs willing take up service of the Venture and the Nano. Finally had to sell them off. They were good vehicles in their own classes though. Again, very VFM. Luckily for me I could find a good FNG to take care of the Manza. Now the ASC seems to have improved and I am back there for the time being. Was thinking of selling it off at a point, but again, nothing short of a Passat or a Superb has this much space in sedan class. Also, Manzas don't sell easily, especially now since the model has been discontinued.

So finally decided to keep running her till she no longer can. Still in excellent condition. Running Castrol Magnatech 5W-40 now. The old bridgestones had almost died. Upsized and went for 195/60 R15 Michelin XM2s recently. Yet to complete 1000 kms on them. Will give a review when done.

One thing I have noticed is that the front suspension make a creaking sound when going over hard bumps. Fixed one time at ASC. But came back in a few hundred kms. So I left it at that.

In other news, I saw the Tiago at the ASC the other day. And the interiors looked fantastic! The review is out on Team-BHP. Let's hope it turns the sales for Tata.
Old 5th January 2018, 06:26   #32
BHPian

Looking to replace the Manza with the Nexon.. Wondering what kind of price I would get for the Manza..Now at 64K kilometers and strong service record.. Loved the Nexon and the few people I have spoken too who own the Nexon have given given extremely positive reviews.
Old 7th January 2018, 10:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Looking to replace the Manza with the Nexon.. Wondering what kind of price I would get for the Manza..Now at 64K kilometers and strong service record.. Loved the Nexon and the few people I have spoken too who own the Nexon have given given extremely positive reviews.
Hi sir,
Can I suggest you something. You sure that you're upgrading to the Nexon? I know it's a great car but the segment in which it's placed will not feel like an upgrade for you. Consider the Hexa, if you can stretch. It's an upgrade in every aspect you can think of.

Regarding the price for your Manza, you should be getting 3-lacs tops. Or maybe a 20-30k more if a buyer is interested in paying a premium for a well-maintained car. Some pics of the car can help us assess better.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 10:45   #34
BHPian

Thanks!

Changed my mind. Tata Motors Sales and Service can be both satisfying and frustrating. My experience at Concorde Thane while trying to get a buy back price for my Manza and the Sales guy's approach was pathetic.

The buy back team tried every trick in the trade to under value the Manza( I suspect deep rooted corruption). I have a market price which I have decided to sell which is substantially higher to the price offered by Tata Motors buy back team. Even Ford gave me a price which was considerably higher.

Luckily didn't fall for it and decided no more Tata Motors, mind you I am a huge Ratan Tata fan and always brought Tata Vehicles. But there comes a point where your money is also important.

Will update shortly on my new vehicle.

Thanks for dropping your suggestions and advice. I sincerely appreciate your recommendation.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi sir,
Can I suggest you something. You sure that you're upgrading to the Nexon? I know it's a great car but the segment in which it's placed will not feel like an upgrade for you. Consider the Hexa, if you can stretch. It's an upgrade in every aspect you can think of.

Regarding the price for your Manza, you should be getting 3-lacs tops. Or maybe a 20-30k more if a buyer is interested in paying a premium for a well-maintained car. Some pics of the car can help us assess better.

Varun

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th May 2018 at 11:22. Reason: Please avoid typing like... this... with... excessive... dots... Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks