Team-BHP - My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/165358-my-sunset-orange-mahindra-xuv500-awd-w10-edit-40000-km-service-update-4.html)

Look like am a little late to the party but hearty congratulations Tanveer!
Your beauty looks gorgeous in this orange shade. I was actually quite apprehensive about this shade, but it seems to have come out quite well from your pictures. I personally absolutely love he white though!!!
Loved your write-up. Wish you many many happy miles with your XUV. I sincerely hope Mahindra has taken care of the quality issues and you have a rattle free ride for a long long time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhii176 (Post 3755230)
Look like am a little late to the party but hearty congratulations Tanveer!
Your beauty looks gorgeous in this orange shade. I was actually quite apprehensive about this shade, but it seems to have come out quite well from your pictures. I personally absolutely love he white though!!!
Loved your write-up. Wish you many many happy miles with your XUV. I sincerely hope Mahindra has taken care of the quality issues and you have a rattle free ride for a long long time!

Thanks bro. Yes the orange shade takes sometime to get used to but it grows on you eventually! I like it now, Yes the new white is amazing! But since my previous car was satin white, I did not want to go for another shade of white.
I am glad you had a good read. And till now i can easily say Mahindra has done a great job sorting out the niggles, Though i hope it stays like that, Its a little early to comment on it for now.

Hi!
Any experience of engaging AWD? With monsoons and everything being slushy, I am sure an opportunity or two might be exploited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3755410)
Hi!
Any experience of engaging AWD? With monsoons and everything being slushy, I am sure an opportunity or two might be exploited.

Hello, Did not get a chance till now, But i do have plans to do some soft-roading by this month end. Will surely post the experience here and also will try to upload a video if possible.

Took the TD of 2015 XUV500 yesterday and My observations are

+Ve
1. Ride Quality was really nice, it felt compose and shocks up jerk well, No noise from suspension while going through potholes which were deep. It was just gliding.
2. M-hawk feels responsive in 4th, 5th and even 6th gear. Good driveability on highway.
3. ICE was good. Sound was decent.
4. Like the felt lining in glove box, Lot of storage option.
5. Seats werr of good quality though front seat found slightly small to my dimension.
6. It was easy to drive in and out in tight space and in heavy traffic.
7. Start stop was functioning well and sunroof felt sturdy and big enough.
8. Cabin insulation was good.

-Ve
1. Clutch travel was really long.
2. Gearshift feel was some what like rubbery though it was easy to shift into 1st and reverse.
3. Still doesn't feel like 15+ lacs car (Now i am more inclined toward VW Jetta for next purchase)
4. Even on close position of door, rubber bedding was visible.
5. Car not pulling strongly in First two gears unlike in 4th,5th and 6th.
6. Dealer told me that i have compulsorily pay for insurance and RTO from him.
7. Yes felt the tyre noise. Birdgestones are no way near to my michelins.
8. Could not heard the whistle roar sound of turbo from engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilay (Post 3757092)
+Ve
1. Ride Quality was really nice, it felt compose and shocks up jerk well, No noise from suspension while going through potholes which were deep. It was just gliding.

Yes the suspension is really good this time around.
Quote:

2. M-hawk feels responsive in 4th, 5th and even 6th gear. Good driveability on highway.
Yes, Driveability is the best on the highway. Still never bad in the city too due to a very well controlled turbo lag.
Quote:

3. ICE was good. Sound was decent.
Its okay, But in front of jetta's speakers it sounds really bad.
Quote:

4. Like the felt lining in glove box, Lot of storage option.
Yes, Lot of storage option, Did you notice the net on the sides below the the center console? Comes in very handy to keep your cell phone.
Quote:

5. Seats werr of good quality though front seat found slightly small to my dimension.
Maybe, I find them comfortable.
Quote:

6. It was easy to drive in and out in tight space and in heavy traffic.
Yup, Behaves like a sedan.
Quote:

7. Start stop was functioning well and sunroof felt sturdy and big enough.
Yup, I love both of these features.
Quote:

8. Cabin insulation was good.
Its very good.

-Ve
Quote:

1. Clutch travel was really long.
Yes it is, I hate it too, But its just a matter of time getting used to it.
Quote:

2. Gearshift feel was some what like rubbery though it was easy to shift into 1st and reverse.
Yes its rubbery, Though i am still facing an issue in slotting the car into the 1st gear at times.
Quote:

3. Still doesn't feel like 15+ lacs car (Now i am more inclined toward VW Jetta for next purchase)
I think it does, Compare it to its competition and i am sure you can look your way through that. Did you get a chance to sit in the car during the night? Its a lovely cabin to be in, Much better than the jetta!
Quote:

4. Even on close position of door, rubber bedding was visible.
Yes it is.
Quote:

5. Car not pulling strongly in First two gears unlike in 4th,5th and 6th.
Acceleration is the best from the 3rd gear onwards.
Quote:

6. Dealer told me that i have compulsorily pay for insurance and RTO from him.
Get it from outside, If they don't agree change the dealer. But do not get it from them, I was too forced to get it from them, But as i mentioned to cancel my booking they agreed for it, I bought it from outside and saved almost 40k for the zero depreciation policy.
Quote:

7. Yes felt the tyre noise. Birdgestones are no way near to my michelins.
Yes they are noisy but are grippy.
Quote:

8. Could not heard the whistle roar sound of turbo from engine
I too haven't heard it till now.

I recommend you taking a test drive of Jetta as well. That would clear much more of your doubt's and you will be able to narrow it down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3757315)

I recommend you taking a test drive of Jetta as well. That would clear much more of your doubt's and you will be able to narrow it down.

At that day i also visited VW showroom to check jetta but they had no TD car as well as display car in showroom. When i asked about TDi Trendline they said no trendline model is available because VW is not manufacturing trendline instead of he insisted me to buy comfortline. When i asked about discount, They said Jetta has waiting period of one month so there is no discount. It is strange that Jetta has waiting period ! Anyway i will definitely go to another showroom where jatta will be available with TD. What caught my attention to VW showroom was the build quality of each car (Polo, Vento). They looked awesome in showroom while mahindra was very dull and also not as clean as VW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilay (Post 3757436)
At that day i also visited VW showroom to check jetta but they had no TD car as well as display car in showroom. When i asked about TDi Trendline they said no trendline model is available because VW is not manufacturing trendline instead of he insisted me to buy comfortline. When i asked about discount, They said Jetta has waiting period of one month so there is no discount. It is strange that Jetta has waiting period ! Anyway i will definitely go to another showroom where jatta will be available with TD. What caught my attention to VW showroom was the build quality of each car (Polo, Vento). They looked awesome in showroom while mahindra was very dull and also not as clean as VW.

Please change the dealer, I am pretty sure all 3 trim levels are available, Maybe you wont get discount since the car was recently facelifted a bit, But first try and get a test drive, If you liked the built quality of the polo and vento you will love it even more in the jetta! And as faar as i know even here in Mumbai there are no waiting period, Its simply according to the car every dealer has ready with them. Some have it ready, Some need to get it arranged. Find a dealer which has a trim level your looking for ready with them. All the best!

Excellent review Tanveer_2558 ! Enjoyed reading it ! The price of the new XUV actually makes it difficult for a buyer to choose between an SUV and a D-Segment sedan. Glad to hear from a person who has experienced both clap:

Just a few points that i have in mind-
1. Surprised to know that the W10 AWD is touching 19 lakh on road !
2. The information brochure on the website listed Brake Energy Regeneration as a feature on the W10 AWD too. Is it really a beneficial feature? I thought this feature is useful only in Hybrid cars. Does it make sense in conventional cars also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamliner17 (Post 3758144)
Excellent review Tanveer_2558 ! Enjoyed reading it ! The price of the new XUV actually makes it difficult for a buyer to choose between an SUV and a D-Segment sedan. Glad to hear from a person who has experienced both clap:

Just a few points that i have in mind-

1. Surprised to know that the W10 AWD is touching 19 lakh on road !

2. The information brochure on the website listed Brake Energy Regeneration as a feature on the W10 AWD too. Is it really a beneficial feature? I thought this feature is useful only in Hybrid cars. Does it make sense in conventional cars also?

Hello, Thank you!
Yes it was actually 19,47,000 Rs if u had purchased the insurance from the dealer. To which i did not agree, AWD version attracts another lakh over the W10 FWD version. Regarding the brake regeneration, Its a nice addon but its always working in the background, I actually forgot about this feature.

A small update on the car. Got a chance to try out the video clarity of the infotainment system and boy i was surprised! :Shockked: I copy pasted a movie (Despicable me) which was in the format of MP4 1080p to my USB stick, And in no time the infotainment system picked it up and started playing, The movie looks amazing on the screen, And thanks to the larger screen this time, Its even better! Was able to forward or rewind the movie very easily using the slider on the screen. Attaching a few pictures too.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-movie-1.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-movie-2.jpg

Was going through the manual, When i came to a page were it showed about the details of the icon's. Attaching a picture as well, It says, "Feature currently not available" I hope it will be lateron with an update.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-manual.jpg

Applied the sticker, "Live to drive" At the rear.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-new-live-drive.jpg

Was driving at the Mumbai-Pune Expressway at a speed from 80-110 Kph and was surprised to see this at the infotainment system. Obviously wont be very accurate but in the previous XUV the infotainment system wont show the fuel to empty, More than 647 Km or so. The new one increases or decreases according to how the vehicle is gulping the fuel. Same is with the average mileage, Drive sedately and it will increase, Drive with a heavy foot it will decrease, Previously it had to be reset everytime to see a the latest average.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_1798.jpg

Hi Tanveer, Congrats on your XUV 500. Really like the Sunset Orange colour. I test drove the same coloured XUV 500 FWD at India Garage Bangalore yesterday. Found a problem with the electrical seat adjustment in the TD vehicle. Have you found any problems with the electrical seat adjustment? Or any other major niggle till now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Panch (Post 3761119)
Hi Tanveer, Congrats on your XUV 500. Really like the Sunset Orange colour. I test drove the same coloured XUV 500 FWD at India Garage Bangalore yesterday. Found a problem with the electrical seat adjustment in the TD vehicle. Have you found any problems with the electrical seat adjustment? Or any other major niggle till now?

Hello, Thank you. I did not face any problem with the electrical seat, Its very smooth in its operation, The same is with the sunroof. It might have been a problem in your test drive vehicle only. Why don't you try taking a test drive from some other dealer? Also no Major niggle at all. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3761066)
A small update on the car. Got a chance to try out the video clarity of the infotainment system and boy i was surprised! :Shockked: I copy pasted a movie (Despicable me) which was in the format of MP4 1080p to my USB stick, And in no time the infotainment system picked it up and started playing, The movie looks amazing on the screen, And thanks to the larger screen this time, Its even better! Was able to forward or rewind the movie very easily using the slider on the screen. Attaching a few pictures too.

@Tanveer - Awesome quality. Does it play when the vehicle moves? I heard, Videos wont get played during driving. Not sure why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3761540)
@Tanveer - Awesome quality. Does it play when the vehicle moves? I heard, Videos wont get played during driving. Not sure why.

Hello, No it doesn't play while the car is on the move, Though the audio playback continuos in the background, Its a safety feature, I will try and get this restriction removed once the car goes for the checkup, If my service advisor is friendly he will probably do it. But yes it can be a little distracting for the driver if the video is playing on the move.