Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2019, 09:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!

Will be posting on the car's 9th anniversary in a few weeks. I'll be covering the experience with the car + ASS + dealing with the dealer. If members have any questions please feel free to ask. I'll try and answer them to the best of my ability.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-8th..jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 23:23   #47
BHPian

Thank you for the wonderful write up! We are in the market in Delhi for a second hand Honda Jazz of the same vintage as your car, do you think it is a good buy even today? Also, is there any way to change the ICE system? It seems to be pretty much built into the dash.

I still recall seeing the Jazz at the showroom when it was launched, my father and I were pleasantly surprised by how spacious the car was. Though at that time we felt it was overpriced. We were considering a Honda City 2010-11 but then I saw an ad of Jazz and it seemed like such a good option for our two member family. Thank you again for such a detailed review and updates.

Last edited by sibot : 3rd June 2019 at 23:33.
Old 20th June 2019, 17:01   #48
BHPian

Narayan sir,
What a well updated thread of your Jazz. I have been a long time follower of your Lexus ownership thread but somehow missed this one.
I was also in the market for a car back in 2011 and had zeroed in on the Jazz but somehow swung over and bought the City. The City has been serving us well all this while but then again this year I had the new car itch and picked up the Jazz. :-)
This would be our city run about which has replaced a Ford Figo.
I have been driving this around for around 3 months now and I think it does the city commuter function brilliantly. There is the constant debate of the old Jazz v the new Jazz and I think think the new one is built quite well even when I compare it to my 2011 Honda City[which IMO was one of the better built City's]. There are minor cost cutting techniques which Honda India has used but you can definitely live with them. Also people complain about the low end torque and power of the Jazz which I think is quite unfair if you compare it against the Baleno or the new Swift. I drove both of them and I would any day stick with the Jazz.
Keep updating this lovely thread !
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 17:35   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Thank you for the wonderful write up! We are in the market in Delhi for a second hand Honda Jazz of the same vintage as your car, do you think it is a good buy even today? Also, is there any way to change the ICE system? It seems to be pretty much built into the dash
A Jazz maintained at a company service centre should be a decent buy, in my view, subject to the price you are getting. Our car after 9 years runs without a murmur and you can barely hear the engine when it's on idle. Ideally I would like to replace it with a hybrid Jazz whenever such a version comes. The low torque in 2nd gear you get used to. The thing I desire is a softer suspension. But it's suspension is not different from that of comparable cars.

If reliability and decent ASS are your needs them this is a practical City car.

Dear Baddychat, the old girl turned 9 a short while ago. I will be updating the thread shortly once I get done time. :-)

Last edited by V.Narayan : 20th June 2019 at 17:37.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 22:10   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz 2010 Model :: 9 years, 67,000+ kms :: Bugs Bunny enters her 10th year

The review hereafter should read - and she went on and on and on and on without a complaint, not a whimper, and no temper. This car is like the old ABBA song - On and on and on...Trouble Free is the middle name of this car. A hybrid version with better suspension would be ideal in the new world coming upon us. One of the maintenance engineers, a bright young Sardar, at the Honda service centre keeps telling me to let him know when I sell this car. He wants it for himself. As he is the chap to whom I give the car for service each time, I have assured him the car will one day be his.

All my kids learnt to drive on this old faithful And bugs bunny survived them all. She is now the utility hack of the house. She runs everyday but with limited mileage to local destinations. Proudly she has been maintained in good nick.

Reliability + Decent ASS = boring owner reviews.

Enjoy the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2019-aug-.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2019-aug-b.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2019-aug-c.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2019-aug-d.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 22:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Honda Jazz 2010 Model :: 9 years, 67,000+ kms :: Bugs Bunny enters her 10th year
Congratulations ! Can you share how much you paid for these Gen 3 facelift City alloys?
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 22:29   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Congratulations ! Can you share how much you paid for these Gen 3 facelift City alloys?
Apologies, my memory fails me. It was quite a few years ago I think. One of my kids had banged up the car and as a part of the repair and denting-painting I had new ones fitted on suggestion of the service centre engineer. Sorry to be unhelpful.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 22:36   #53

Beautiful write up and even a more beautiful maintained Jazz Sir.

I too drive a 2012 Black Jazz which I today gave for the 1,00,000 kms major servicing. They will take a trial and update me on attention required servicing or replacement tomorrow morning. Indeed it is a well built machine but I have been facing issues as under lately and hence gave the vehicle 5K earlier than her reaching the 100K mark.

Air con works well on short drives but stops cooling after a 100km run, Advisor told me that the Clutch something part needs replacement.

Car has a bit of knocking due to Shock ups either needing replacement or servicing.

Besides the above she continues to serve extremely well and indeed a pleasure to drive.

TIA
rahulraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 13:24   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Bugs Bunny turns 10

Last week our Honda Jazz aka Bugs Bunny turned ten years old. How old is that in human years? :-) She has seen my children grow up, learn how to drive and now all but one fly away. She has seen the children's life partner wanna be's go on dates, she's seen umpteen potted plants get moved around by my wife and thanks to my kids she's been banged up badly at least twice.

In an owner's review what do I share about a reliable car that has not given me the dance around. And a reasonably competent A.S.S. who have not made an ass of me. It all equals a boring boring review. All is well, service is okay, spares are reasonably priced. Go to sleep. Aalll ish well {say that in the style of the movie ‘Three idiots’}.

The big jobs done on the car have been:

1. Tyres changed in year 6.

2. Denting painting done twice. Should be recovered from kiddo dear in later years :-) – must remember to make a note of that. Don’t tell wifey.

3. Clutch plate assembly changed in year 6.

4. 3M’s sound dampener added to doors in year

As the car now serves as our utility hack it clocks in only 10 or 15 kms a day. Total mileage around 71,000 kms only. My rough estimate on maintenance expenditure is that of Rs 110,000 to 115,000 over 10 years including 4 new tyres. Not including the denting painting here.

What I have liked in 10 years:

The engine runs smooth as silk. While stationery in neutral the engine is inaudible for all practical purposes.

Convenient city and traffic runabout with oodles of practicalness about it. Light clutch and light steering help reduce the irritation of driving in traffic. Turning radius of ~5 metres or less. Easy to manoeuvre in traffic and narrow roads.

Cabin offers lots of spaces and hooks to keep or hang your things - from phones to specs to coats. It even has a tray under the rear seat though admittedly it has been used only rarely. The fold up feature of the rear seat has been used to transport my wife's plants on more occasions than I can count.

First class visibility all around. Makes it an easy car to drive especially for the less experienced. Large effective ORVMs. Because of rear visibility easy to park in tight spots.

160mm ground clearance has been adequate for NCR's roads.

No noises and rattles. The seat fabric has worn very well.

Aircon is more than adequate for Delhi’s summer. CD player still works. Don’t laugh. I still play my old CDs. Someday I'll tell you about my cassette collection.

What I don’t like:

A lot has been written about the torque at low gears being inadequate. Yes that’s true. Needs better gearing or better still a hybrid power train

Ride quality especially in the rear seat is so-so. As I get older I prefer cushy rides and gentle bumps. The Jazz feels distinctly hard to me now.

Next steps:

I’ve told bugs bunny that she isn’t getting sold anytime soon. Yes, I talk to my cars and pat them too. They like it. When you treat a machine like a living thing, I believe the silent forces of the universe come together and synchronize to work for you. I’ll wait for the hybrid Jazz to come to India (2022?) and then decide. Thanks to Delhi-NCR's 15-year rule I might be compelled to cut our relationship short at year 15. Or maybe I could get a fitness certificate or some other paperwork to keep her running as a future piece of history :-) Who knows some grandchild, yet unborn, might thank me for it.

As my once largish family shrinks by laws of life and nature our garage, I can see, is going to shrink from 4 to 3 and then one day 2 cars. That’s how life’s cycle rolls. But I know there will always be a place for a small reliable runabout. And that’s where the Jazz fits in.

I’ll post photos in a couple of weeks after her next service.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 13th June 2020 at 13:32.
V.Narayan is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 20:19   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Bugs Bunny poses for the camera

Given Delhi-NCRs 15-year rule for petrol cars and Bugs Bunny's age of 10 I am wondering if I should sell the car while I can or keep it going till 2025 and then hand it over for scrap. Bugs has been a part of our lives and certainly the kids have used it a lot. Our other small car is a 2015 Amaze. And time is coming for us to sell one of the two. Logic says it should be the Jazz that gets sold. Views are invited from members.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2020-july-.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2020-july-b.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2020-july-c.jpg  

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2020-july-d.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 20:47   #56
BHPian

Amaze is an inferior product compared to Jazz. So if overall quality and driving experience is your top priority, retain the solid old Jazz.
Storm2.0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 14:33   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

FINIS.....

Our beloved and well used Honda Jazz left our home for the last time this morning. It was a sad farewell to an old friend. The Jazz came into our home when our kids were still in school and drove away when they are all grown up and young adults busy with their lives. She saw a lot of change in the family including the children learning how to drive.

Contrary to what rationalists may think I believe cars and aircraft each have a character and soul of their own. Sailors feel the same way about their ships. I always talk to my machines, pat them, stroke them, whisper a secret.....and they respond to the positivity with good service & safety.

The Jazz is an example of Honda's engineering excellence. Farewell old friend till we meet in the big garage upstairs.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-2020-july-11.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 15:17   #58
BHPian

Re: 2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!

Quote:
FINIS.....

The Jazz is an example of Honda's engineering excellence. Farewell old friend till we meet in the big garage upstairs.
Sir, I currently own Honda Jazz SV (MT) 2016 model and have done 35000 kms and I must congratulate you for the stellar association which you had with Jazzy (my wife fondly calls our Jazz as Jazzy. The first generation Jazz though a little over-priced was one of the strongest and best cars in the segment. The 2015 2nd generation Jazz had cut corners here and there to check the price. However, iVTs being the iVTs, they were exceptional machines and are exceptional machines!

Wish you a safe and happy motoring in NCR.
Best
Mrinal aka MDED.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:09   #59
BHPian

Re: 2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!

Quote:
FINIS.....

Our beloved and well used Honda Jazz left our home for the last time this morning. It was a sad farewell to an old friend.

Contrary to what rationalists may think I believe cars and aircraft each have a character and soul of their own. Sailors feel the same way about their ships. I always talk to my machines, pat them, stroke them, whisper a secret.....and they respond to the positivity with good service & safety.
I haven't read this thread. I accidentally happen to bump into this thread today and especially the adiós.

The intense, emotionally loaded words of yours have made my eyes well-up. I was wondering why: someone's machine, being sold, what's to you!
lejhoom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks