Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 10:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold

Great detailed review procrj Rated 5 stars.

Nice pictures there of the tank and looks cool in red shade. Worthy decision made by you and it's surely a VFM sub 4 meter SUV. Wish you many more miles with the tank and enjoy your ownership. Looking forward for regular updates buddy
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The old work horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hence the plan is to DIY noodle mats. Already have shortlisted mats for Rs 70 per sqft. Will update the thread with posts after the DIY
They are good short term utility. I have done this in my XUV. Apart from the fun of working on your own car, you will see them as nuisance as well if Kids around. Even with Velcro taps, kids and everyone else in the car except you will be pushing them in all directions. So the snug-fit will remain wish. The driver side mat will loose the noodles on the surface where you keep your heel. This happens in around 3-4 months of daily use. So the driver side mat needs more frequent replacement unless you setup a metal/ hard plastic piece on that location all by yourself.

What suggest is to instead consider the 5D mats. For first two rows, they are good. For the rear you can make your own noodle mats - they are very very less frequently used areas anyway.

Having said all of this, Noodle mats are still value for money. It's just that you would be engaged in doing it's maintenance and replacements of few every 6 months or so.
abirnale is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The old work horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Great detailed review procrj Rated 5 stars.

Nice pictures there of the tank and looks cool in red shade. Worthy decision made by you and it's surely a VFM sub 4 meter SUV. Wish you many more miles with the tank and enjoy your ownership. Looking forward for regular updates buddy
Thanks a lot fusionbang. Do update your thread after you get the hard-wiring for your dashcam. I plan to get the same for my dashcam and 2 successful installs will make it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Even with Velcro taps, kids and everyone else in the car except you will be pushing them in all directions. So the snug-fit will remain wish. The driver side mat will loose the noodles on the surface where you keep your heel. This happens in around 3-4 months of daily use. So the driver side mat needs more frequent replacement unless you setup a metal/ hard plastic piece on that location all by yourself.
Had these on my wagonR and experienced exactly what you mentioned above. Whe you say 5D are you talking about Kagu or any other specific brand?
Quote:
Having said all of this, Noodle mats are still value for money. It's just that you would be engaged in doing it's maintenance and replacements of few every 6 months or so.
I planned to use the current footmat + noodle mat for front rows & use noodle alone for the rest. Plan is to cut the noodle mats as 1 unit & not multiple sections to enable minimum movement. Need to get to the drawing board and check how it pans out.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 05:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual

@procrj, we did the hardwiring of dashcam Check our threads.

Yes I meant something like kagu mats.

I too used a single piece to make noodles mat for my xuv but the middle row width is so much that the size of mat does not git in there. I should have bought a higher width mat roll.

To cut to sizes, use the existing stock mats. Lay noodle mat on top of it and cut. Simple. Refer to my thread for this DIY.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 12:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yes procrj, me and Avinash both have completed hardwiring and updated both of our threads. As mentioned in my thread it was a cake walk for the technician.

Since yours is a different vehicle he might take some time to figure out the routing, but I am sure it should not take more than 45 mins.

Also I would suggest you to get this done from Sireesh Auto Hosur road, the electrician name is Swamy. He is part of accessories division and he works on all cars to fit accessories so it should be easy for him on your car as well.

Let me or Avinash know if you need any help.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 20:06   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Also I would suggest you to get this done from Sireesh Auto Hosur road, the electrician name is Swamy. He is part of accessories division and he works on all cars to fit accessories so it should be easy for him on your car as well
I plan to get this done after the 1st service. Will PM you for his number in a couple of weeks.
Old 31st January 2016, 22:31   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove my tank for almost 650 kms over the weekend, which included a quick dash to Chitradurga Fort today. Keep it steady at 100-110 kmph and the tank eats up miles without a hitch and you don't feel a thing. Very satisfying experience

Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold-cd1.jpg
Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold-cd2.jpg
Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold-cd3.jpg

The fort is worth a visit and very well maintained. Would suggest that you visit during sunrise or sunset as the view from the fort is brilliant.

Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold-cd5.jpg
Red Dwarf – My 2016 Mahindra TUV300 T8 Manual. EDIT: Now sold-cd6.jpg
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 07:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj
Drove my tank for almost 650 kms over the weekend, which included a quick dash to Chitradurga Fort today. Keep it steady at 100-110 kmph and the tank eats up miles without a hitch and you don't feel a thing. Very satisfying experience
procrj,

Lovely pics! I have been wanting to visit the fort for a long time esp due to Onake Obbava!

Great to hear about the tank performing to perfection! :clap
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 08:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful pictures there procrj. How do you go over there, I mean what is the route? The road also seems to be very good. I liked the side shot of the Red Dwarf with the windmills in the background gradually climbing up the hill . Do you have to trek/climb the fort or is it a walking trail? The huge boulders in the last shot is an amazing view.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 1st February 2016 at 08:49.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 09:13   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wonderful pictures there procrj. How do you go over there, I mean what is the route? The road also seems to be very good. I liked the side shot of the Red Dwarf with the windmills in the background gradually climbing up the hill . Do you have to trek/climb the fort or is it a walking trail? The huge boulders in the last shot is an amazing view.
Time for you to clock another 1300 kms if you actually do this Deepak .

This is the famous Chitradurga Fort right inside Chitradurga Town which is on NH4 and around 620 kms for you from Pune.

If you want to take some awesome pics with these windmills, you will have to drive beyond Chitradurga as most of these are in abundant numbers and appear closer in the background on the hiils, apt for those lovely photography sessions. There are few that you will encounter even before you approach this town but the best location is before the town while entering from Bangalore side.

The other super close location for you will be between Hubli and Shiggaon (NH4) - This should not be more than 420 kms from Pune and the windmills here are on a flat surface unlike hills and again makes an awesome location for photoshoot.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 09:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Time for you to clock another 1300 kms if you actually do this Deepak .

This is the famous Chitradurga Fort right inside Chitradurga Town which is on NH4 and around 620 kms for you from Pune.
Thanks for that info Parag. If ever I get a chance to visit that side I will surely make it a point to visit the Chitradurga Fort. I have a Goa trip lined up during April end, how far is this fort town from Goa?
Old 1st February 2016, 09:47   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that info Parag. If ever I get a chance to visit that side I will surely make it a point to visit the Chitradurga Fort. I have a Goa trip lined up during April end, how far is this fort town from Goa?
An easy 400/425 kms from Goa will be this Fort town. The last 200 kms would be fast but the first 150 from Goa is what might take time due to ghat roads. However, you can always plan a nice trip this side covering many other places like Hampi etc on a separate drive.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 10:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Drove my tank for almost 650 kms over the weekend, Keep it steady at 100-110 kmph and the tank eats up miles without a hitch and you don't feel a thing. Very satisfying experience
Well Procrj, the calendar perfect pictures speak a lot of the driving pleasure you had in your Dwarf.After owning the TUV, I suppose all of us are itching to have our weekends on wheels.
Old 1st February 2016, 18:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I have been wanting to visit the fort for a long time esp due to Onake Obbava!
Obbavana Kindi is a star attraction and now they even have a small path in the rock where you can try and crawl through the small opening that the soldiers were using to enter the fort.
Quote:
Almost 6 hour journey from Goa as mentioned by Parag. You should plan a trip down south and on the way cover the windmills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
Well Procrj, the calendar perfect pictures speak a lot of the driving pleasure you had in your Dwarf.After owning the TUV, I suppose all of us are itching to have our weekends on wheels.
All pic credits goes to my better half. Weekend on wheels is the plan for the foreseeable future . Might drive down to Ayyanakere this weekend.

Last edited by procrj : 1st February 2016 at 18:18.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:20   #45
BHPian

Excellent thread. Had somehow missed it. I am currently doing my ownership thread as well. Good to know your tank is performing as expected. Will keep a watch and rated 5 star for excellent and detailed report.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks