Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 22:01   #16
BHPian

Re: The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My parents' vehicle returns an absurdly low 9-11 KMPL - give two kmpl extra on highway. Got it checked during service but the re-tune takes away the fun driving aspect, which prompted us to go back to original setting. Petrol Hyundais are not known for mileage.
[/quote]

Hey Sebring, which model is this Eon?
I got a Eon 1.0L in June this year and am facing this issue of extremely low mileage. In the city I get 10kmpl.
However, the funny thing is on the highway I get 19.5kmpl.
The difference is huge and I am suspecting some sort of problem.

When you discussed the mileage issue with Hyundai service, what did they say? I have been told that my car needs to run a bi more before it starts giving a better mileage. But, I am not totally convinced.
Old 27th September 2016, 17:00   #17
BHPian

Update - ODO: 33200 kms

Complete the insurance renewal from the same provider through online payment. Total amount was around Rs.7,200 approx.

Also paid Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year which cost me about Rs.5,000. The Hyundai person from OMR shollinganalur was helpful. Did the whole process through online NEFT and got certificate for the same in few days.

Attaching the cost of extended warranty for Hyundai Vehicles as of September 2016 as received from my contact.
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-cost.png

Total Expense
Fuel Cost Rs.130,849.28
Service & Others Rs.47,556.95
Total Cost Rs.178,406.24

Going to celebrate 2nd birthday in 2 days.

Quote:
I got a Eon 1.0L in June this year and am facing this issue of extremely low mileage. In the city I get 10kmpl.
However, the funny thing is on the highway I get 19.5kmpl.
The difference is huge and I am suspecting some sort of problem.

When you discussed the mileage issue with Hyundai service, what did they say? I have been told that my car needs to run a bi more before it starts giving a better mileage. But, I am not totally convinced.
Hi,

I hope you aren't driving in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore regularly. If that's the case it will surely give very low mileage. Running a bit more helps in knowing/understanding your cars capabilities and thus it improves the fuel efficiency. Do you use tank full method to calculate or what method?

Make sure the regular culprits like engine oil, tyre pressure, air filter are proper. Even I got a low mileage once due to low engine oil.

Happy Driving

Last edited by gm_arun : 27th September 2016 at 17:21. Reason: Added ownership update
Old 27th September 2016, 18:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Its the 0.8 litre, DeLite Version. Even highway run is no good. Will be replacing the car shortly.

Old 18th December 2017, 10:38   #19

Re: The Cute Little Blue-Bee - Hyundai Eon Sportz! - 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_arun View Post
Few more pictures.

[*] Noise while idling (looks like silencer)[*] Noise while switching on AC and turning the steering right after starting (keech keech!!! sound)[*] Sound coming from left hand side and right back side while driving.

Hi Arun,

Probably just a Couple of Eon Owner review in detail I have come across. Kudos to your effort..!!! (Spl mention- as it's discouraging sometimes to post on scarce material, I laud your efforts once again)

Besides sharing I don't see what you would have got in return, but Maybe a collation of reviews and shares will bring comprehensive ways to deal with EON issues.

Foremost; This is my first post here after years of Pinging TB for membership & at last got around it. It was beyond me why it took so long. I have a slightly different landing on Automotive Initiation & you're the first soul here I wave my Greetings to besides occasionally pinging few MODs here.

To come to Eon Drive, I shall Post a slightly different article on the same car which has come in our possession rather accidentally.

Now, you'd mentioned around 4th service that slight rattling noise emerges on IDLE. This issue seems commonplace & do correct me if my assumptions are wrong about yours. Silencer rattling shouldn't be an issue at such low mileage especially as I experience same thing at 42000 Kms. This is one niggling issue besides many others I have.

To cut the chase, HSS had recommended replacement of whole silencer or in part quoting 6k as the burn. Now the thing is, I doubt if yours or mine is really a problem at all. You may say due to floods yours went kaput but I doubt that highly. I'm a sceptic of all HSS advisors, they seem to be ripping off most often. (Until now Trident did it for our car)

The issue seems to me & Iam quiet convinced is LOW CLEARANCE of EON. Speed breakers are badly designed in Blr & in TN. The hit the muffler takes is common in Eon. The hind muffler end towards rear of car is hinged to a rubber Joint. This is normally what goes "Out of Whack".

Solution to fix it is to replace that or tighten it, or, get these clamps - adjustable types that fix the issue. PERIOD.

However looks like you didn't know of it or I'm presuming things. But I doubt if yours went bad so soon. I have to order clamps or fix the rubber hinge joint support.

The advisor says rust has formed inside & particles are free inside which I doubt since it's common sense to just press hard the exhaust pipe at rear bumper end & the rattle goes away?!. He indicates several problems which are untrue, like clutch replacement (just because lady did initial driving- how sexist can one be?!), suspension replacement rear (weak suspension is from new), silencer replacement, etc.. & that's so annoying. I'm yet to give it for service & since HYUNDAI is sisters client, we may get supervision permission from HO besides True servicing at a select HSS.

For the handling issue where you said on turns there's sound & rear sounds, how where those fixed?, kindly do let me know.
Also how much did you lose on silencer muffler replacement & did he show you the worn item or removed in your supervision to alleviate any mischief?

More on my Eon later & congrats to you once again.
abhishekj10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Re: The Cute Little Blue-Bee - Hyundai Eon Sportz! - 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekj10 View Post
Hi Arun,

Probably just a Couple of Eon Owner review in detail I have come across. Kudos to your effort..!!! (Spl mention- as it's discouraging sometimes to post on scarce material, I laud your efforts once again)
Thanks Abhishek. Well nothing in return just a small satisfaction or may be in future if I sell the car can send this link to get full history of the car. Congrats on the membership.

The noise while idling was due to rattle of silencer assembly. It got hit when I went over something during floods. Before this incident there was no sound, it was all good. I agree low clearance is an issue but driving in Chennai city I rarely face a crazy speed BREAKERS. The service adviser showed me the damaged part so no problem in that. Also it was done under warranty. Maybe your case is different from mine.

Your other question about the sound on turning, I forgot what it was all about.

Will be updating the missing ownership soon.

Last edited by gm_arun : 3rd January 2018 at 14:41. Reason: changes words
gm_arun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 14:16   #21
BHPian

Update - Current ODO: 49239 kms

The thread has not been updated for quite a long time. Apologies for that. Been busy with the new role as a father. So let me update the last 1.25 years quickly.

The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20180101_170802.jpg

September 2016 to November 2016:
No issues at all. Regular drive to work, weekend drive to wife's place. Crossed 36,500 kms mark without any hiccups. The weekly trips increased due to additional responsibility as father. Meanwhile got two small dents one on roof and another on bonnet when it was parked in hospital. Didn't feel bad as I was happy with other things in life.

December 2016
First right rear tyre got puncture. After few days left rear with 2 punctures. All thanks to Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Vardah. Road conditions were worse for a week or two. Resulted in puncture. Added to this I had to pay 800 for 2 punctures. Faced wiper problem in low and intermittent settings which was raised every time when vehicle went for service. They do cleaning and give back saying its just "Dust sir!!" but again in 2 days it goes back to its usual state.

January 2017 - New year - 36600 kms Approx
Decided to ditch the old mono earphone bluetooth device for phone and got Tantra v4.0 Car Bluetooth Device and Tantra 3.4 amp Turbo Car Charger after alot of research. Truly these device are worthy. Money well spent.
Tantra car bluetooth device
Tantra car charger

April 2017 - 39952 kms
Got Jopasu Car Cleaning Duster after reading good review from the forum. Again Money well spent. Easy to clean the car in few minutes with less effort. My front right tyre kept losing pressure regularly. I didn't put much thought on it and just kept topping up nitrogen every 15-20 days.

Between February and April got lots of calls from Express Hyundai, OMR for the 5th Service which was due. Then decided to give for service on April 12th at 40175 Kms. 1 year, 1 month, 2 weeks, 1 day (409 days) after the 4th service. 14533 kms between 4th and 5th service. Just did oil top up once in between these two services. Other than that nothing was done. Got a discount of 10% for both labor and spare parts.

Fifth Service

Check List:
Do's
Sound arising, when clutch, brake pedal is pressed.
Sponge inside AC duct to be fitted correctly.
Front left tyre side sound when climbed over speed breakers.
Number plates and bumpers to be tightened
Loose items to be tightened inside engine bay. Eg: Air filter, intake hose etc.
Right driver Seat belt is slow in rewinding.
AC flow too much near front windscreen
Front left power window is bit slow
Wiper motor not working properly in low (4th time same complaint) Need replacement under warranty. Previous method of cleaning and making it work for 3 days isnt enough

Dont's
No engine lacquering
No AC disinfectant
No wheel Balance and Rotating
Please Don’t fill air. Tyres are nitrogen Filled.

Home pick up around 8.30am was made as service was done on working day. Service adviser called up and informed that AC related problems to be done separately which costs around 4,000/-. I simply refused saying thanks and asked him to proceed with other things. Car was delivered late in the evening. As usual cleaning was not proper. I was informed that seat belt part was ordered and will be replaced under warranty when spare arrives. Interior dash cleaning oil was found in the passenger side and few points from above were not fixed. After 3 days during feedback I gave them 5/10 and in the next hour or so call came from service adviser requesting me that he will address the issues.

Wiper motor and power window issue mentioned above was not fixed that was on top of my list. Next day driver came for pick up and car was taken again on Saturday. Then adviser called and said he cannot replace under warranty, since the wiper is working normally. Only if problem exist he can claim it under warranty. And promised me to replace if the problem occurs again. Power window issue was fixed. Still seat belt spare didn't arrive. He told he will send an engineer to fix it at my residence itself which was done in half an hour. It was changed under warranty. Work was completed and feedback was given.

May 2017 - December 2017 - 49122 Kms (On 1st Jan 2018)

During the month of May, Wheel Alignment, rotation and balancing was done. Also fixed the front right tyre as it was losing pressure on regular basis. To my surprise there was two punctures.

In August, it was time to change the wiper blade. Replaced the old torn one with Bosch blades. But still had the wiper problem which was so irritating. September 2017 was insurance renewal changed from videocon to Bajaj Allianz. The process was so smooth and the agent was also good. Promptly replied and made the corrections as required. Everything was done on phone/mail communication and finally he handed over the insurance copy in person. October 2017 again a puncture to right rear tyre which was fixed immediately.

December 2017

The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171204_182346.jpg

Monsoon was done and dusted with an faulty wiper motor, so decided to give it for 6th service @ ODO:48455Kms.

The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171210_134932.jpg
Photo taken before the service

Check List:
Do's
Replacement of wiper motor under warranty.
fix some rattles here and there.
Tighten the bumpers.
Oil change to Synthetic.
Interior and AC vent clean as it was too dirty.
Brake pad checking and replace if needed.
Engine bay cleaning as it was super messy.

Dont's
No wheel Balance and Rotating
Please Don’t fill air. Tyres are nitrogen Filled.

Car was picked up in the morning and service adviser who did my 5th service itself was available. So I told him to change the wiper motor as he had informed in the past. Approximate amount of service was informed and evening got a call so I can get the car delivered at home. It was delivered and everything was perfect. No complaints. Bill was around 10.5K. Bit higher than what was expected but the job was done well. So nothing to worry. As of now have crossed 49,400 kms. One thing that needs to be fixed is the AC flow problem. Other than that the car is happily running around the city.

Random Photos

He's waiting for his cab.
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20170816_172802.jpg

The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20170823_183509.jpg

Road besides Olympia
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171030_082012.jpg

Flooded Chitlapakkam due to Cloud burst the previous day
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171031_072858.jpg

The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171102_175019.jpg

New Wiper in full swing
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171107_075203.jpg

Result of Overflowing Lake
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171127_075748.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171204_182346.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	1713055

Blue-Bee
The Cute Little Blue-bee: Hyundai Eon Sportz!-img_20171228_225528.jpg

Old 5th August 2019, 10:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_arun View Post
The thread has not been updated for quite a long time. Apologies for that. Been busy with the new role as a father. So let me update the last 1.25 years quickly.
Kudos to you gm_arun for maintaining such good ownership report on your Eon. Helps a lot to someone who owns this car. I am in the process of picking up a second hand Eon Sportz and was wondering if you could help me with the following things:

1. Please tell me the grade of engine oil used by your service centre during the oil changes in your car. I am planning to go for Shell Helix HX8 5W30.

2. Manual says that for the gearbox oil, 75W85 grade oil is required. However that grade has a very limited or zero availability outside. What grade does Hyundai have used in your past services.

3. Have you so far replaced any belts such as Alternator or AC Belt. What has been the general life of these belts. Manual doesn't specify any fix time period replacements. It just says Inspect and replace.

4. Can you tell me the part number of Oil Filter used in your Eon. Boodmo is coming up with two part numbers.

Also whenever your time permits, kindly update your ownership report with the Eon. Do you still hold it or have you sold it?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2019 at 12:23. Reason: quote added
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks