Team-BHP - My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/176104-my-maruti-s-cross-1-6l-alpha-stage-3-wolf-202-hp-438-nm-edit-sold-pg-61-a-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 4164372)
You can absolutely go for the MOMOs with the equivalent PCD. Am using the MOMO revenge with Michelin P3STs, stock size.

Thanks Rakesh for the reply. Your car looks lovely im white and the rms look great. The Michelin Primacy is my choice too. Just deciding the size i want

I too have narrowed down on the revenge in anthracite in 16". I wanted something else but currently in Mumbai I am not getting too many momo options that appeal to me.

Were the spigot rings 72.1 - 60.1???? Were they a perfectly snug fit??? Generally the set of spigots are included in the set (it came with the quantums and the hyperstars before)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4164377)
The picture of the engine bay shows your battery to be of Panasonic make. This is a new thing for me. Never knew the company was into batteries too. A google search later, I see that it has batteries for almost all Indian cars.

Yes, it's Panasonic Thailand. I am not very happy with the battery though. If I don't start the car for few days, it takes longer time to start. 1.5 year old Amaron battery in my SX4 diesel is better than 10 months old Panasonic battery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4152151)
Service guys opened the caliper pin and greased it. The problem was solved. I don't understand why they did not do the greasing or at least check it before handing over the car.

In their defence, they didn't at least bill you for the grease and then not use it! That would have been a minor scam lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4165750)
In their defence, they didn't at least bill you for the grease and then not use it! That would have been a minor scam lol:.

They were just lazy to do a proper check up before giving the car. The caliper greasing was done at 10K KM during service and pads were changed at 15K KM. I am not sure if they are supposed to do caliper greasing during brake pads change. But it was their duty to check if everything was working fine. The caliper pin was stuck and pads wouldn't release :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4164377)
The picture of the engine bay shows your battery to be of Panasonic make. This is a new thing for me. Never knew the company was into batteries too. A google search later, I see that it has batteries for almost all Indian cars.

http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer...r-battery.html

Now it has been bought out by Yuasa battery company Japan.
And, in India Yuasa battery has a joint venture with Tata Auto comp.

I had been to 3M store Mysore yesterday. I got the pillars and area above the doors wrapped in satin black. I am impressed with the final outcome :)

16 Sq ft of wrap material was used and it costs 331 / sq. ft. Total damage : ~5000 Rs

Dr. Naren, that's an impressive looking car. All through your external modifications, I always felt that the car was missing something, though I couldn't say what!

Now, it looks complete. The black wrap complements the beautiful alloys and lends a distinct character to the car.

Please post a close up picture of the side profile. Just wondering whether the carbon fibre pattern on the ORVM goes well with satin black wrap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4169976)
Dr. Naren, that's an impressive looking car. All through your external modifications, I always felt that the car was missing something, though I couldn't say what!

Now, it looks complete. The black wrap complements the beautiful alloys and lends a distinct character to the car.

Please post a close up picture of the side profile. Just wondering whether the carbon fibre pattern on the ORVM goes well with satin black wrap.

Thanks buddy!!

I was also thinking the same, but could never make out what's missing lol:. I had plans to wrap the roof and kept on hold for now. I feel that the present looks are good enough with black and white contrasts all over :D

Carbon fibre wrap on ORVM also goes well with satin black wrap on pillars. It's not gloss carbon fibre.

I have broken few clips of fog lamps bezel when I opened it to align the XP Micros. Also, I am planning to do an opening on fog lamp cover and put my custom intake pipe through it.

I have bought new MGP fog lamp bezels and it costs 440 bucks.

Finally, I got to drive my beast on highways after many days. I drove from Mysore to Bangalore and as usual loved the drive. I had changed the air filter recently as the stock filter was very dirty. There is mild improvement in top end. Also, had good fun with a speeding 520D :D.

What would you do when you see this stretch and sitting behind the wheel of 1.6 S-Cross : Floor the pedal, haha
My Maruti S-Cross 1.6L Alpha | Stage 3 Wolf (202 HP / 438 Nm) | EDIT : Sold - Pg 61-img20170327wa0037.jpg

Took 2 hours 15 mins flat and parked at Bangalore Apartment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4171368)

What would you do when you see this stretch and sitting behind the wheel of 1.6 S-Cross : Floor the pedal, haha
Attachment 1623695

I took the same "Stretch" last weekend Dr.Naren to get to Mysore and back...what is even more strange is the fact that I did exactly the same thing as you buddy!! lol:

I think we must hit this "Stretch" together once and Floor For Fun. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4171525)
I took the same "Stretch" last weekend Dr.Naren to get to Mysore and back...what is even more strange is the fact that I did exactly the same thing as you buddy!! lol:

I think we must hit this "Stretch" together once and Floor For Fun. clap:

Haha, I understand.. It's too difficult to resist :uncontrol

Sure, will do!! Stock 1.6 TDI vs remapped 1.6 DDIS with downpipe :D

I have noticed that S-Cross 1.6 is very sensitive to fuel quality. Most of the times if I fill from random bunk, I could immediately notice the drop in performance. Car feels the best with Reliance diesel. I always try to fill at Reliance or any other trusted pumps. The engine is very sensitive to fuel quality and difference is significant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4171539)
Haha, I understand.. It's too difficult to resist :uncontrol

Sure, will do!! Stock 1.6 TDI vs remapped 1.6 DDIS with downpipe :D

Care to add a dual channel RD Optra 2.0 TCDI into the mix??:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4171368)
Took 2 hours 15 mins flat and parked at Bangalore Apartment

Alloys still look gorgeous, along with the tasteful visual mods that you have done. clap:

How are the alloys holding up?? Any issues?? My friend is soon getting his White S-Cross, and he is planning to go with these alloys.

Regards,
Shashi