Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2023, 21:57   #16
BHPian

Re: My RWD hatchback; BMW 1-Series (120d M-Sport F20)

Hello, I was so happy to read this thread. Just purchased a used 2014 118d in India, and I feel I made a good decision to acquire this "family" sports car. My heart was all over the front engine-RWD combination and your insights have now fortified my beliefs, though I should be careful about the Sport+ mode. I hope you are still keeping this car, as I put it in a rare club of cars.
Happy & safe motoring.

Last edited by Pkumarblore : 4th February 2023 at 21:58. Reason: Change of opinion
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Hello, I was so happy to read this thread. Just purchased a used 2014 118d in India, and I feel I made a good decision to acquire this "family" sports car. My heart was all over the front engine-RWD combination and your insights have now fortified my beliefs, though I should be careful about the Sport+ mode.
Wow congratulations on getting this car, you got to share photos , is it a manual or automatic?
I agree, it's a brilliant car and in my opinion under-rated. In that segment, A3/Golf/A Class/ Ford Focus etc. this is an absolute winner when it comes to driving experience, and you don't need to buy the range topping M135i or M140i to experience it.

Its practical too for most families. I have twins and 1 series was my primary car for pretty much everything including long road trips here in the UK. It easily swallowed the rear facing bulky child seats and the boot was enough for a twin pram and all the baby luggage. For long trips we got a roof box and that just helped us get those extra luggage for a week long holiday.

Hahaha, sport plus is awesome, but the car demands respect. If you are not careful it will bite

Quote:
I hope you are still keeping this car, as I put it in a rare club of cars.
Happy & safe motoring.
Well unfortunately I had to let it go around 6 months back. WFH and lack of annual mileage gave me an idea to try and get a petrol car, a 3.0L straight six one and as luck would have it an amazing deal came up which made me book a M340i touring that was delivered to me in August 2022 after a long 10 month wait. That meant I had to sell this car after 69,000 trouble free miles (110,000 Kms) and I have to be honest, I was really sad to let that car go. But I am happy that someone else will get to enjoy the car at around half the price I paid 6 years ago.

If you have any questions please feel free to post it here and I will be happy to answer. Wish you happy miles ahead.
Old 11th February 2023, 21:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Wow congratulations on getting this car, you got to share photos , is it a manual or automatic?

Hahaha, sport plus is awesome, but the car demands respect. If you are not careful it will bite

Wish you happy miles ahead.
Thank you for your wishes. Mine is the automatic(8 speed ziptronic if I am right). I guess the MT was never sold in India. I haven't tried the Sport mode yet since the tyres are in bad shape and also cant take it on twisties.

I am attaching a picture taken from used car dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
My RWD hatchback; BMW 1-Series (120d M-Sport F20)-img20230120wa0013.jpg  

Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks