Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBug_06 View Post

Like my Corolla, this is one car that is surely not going to leave my garage in a hurry! I can't wait to turn 18 so that I can have all the fun I've ever wanted to have with her!

BeemerBug_06.
I think I spotted this Palio, at 14th Road Khar West, a few days ago - Right outside Manish Malhotra flagship store.

was it you?

Cheers,
Yogesh.
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
I think I spotted this Palio, at 14th Road Khar West, a few days ago - Right outside Manish Malhotra flagship store.

was it you?

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Surely wasn't me. But maybe my uncle decided to take the Palio to office instead of his daily driver. His office is at Khar
Old 30th November 2021, 23:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
This car is already a classic man. Treasure it for the years to come. The S10 has it's fanbase even today. As you've rightly pointed out all the S10s should've got the Driver Airbag and ABS as standard from the GTX SP. Nonetheless, one S10 still gets this safety kit (#10 S10) which was owned by the Master blaster himself before it was sold to a car collector in 2008.

No way, I'm in line even before you've entered this line . Nikhil, I know you wouldn't sell this awesome machine but even if you ever do so, remember that I was first in line .
~ 3-years from the time I'd posted this on Nikhil's thread. A lot has changed in the past three years. Off all the purchases that I've made in the recent past, this takes the cake.

Managed to tick off the Palio 1.6 off my wishlist. Couldn't get any better no? Well, it can. Palio 1.6 in its limited run S10 edition is something that I hadn't imagined I'd buy in the wildest of the dreams.

One fine day, Nikhil calls me and asks "Reddy, the S10 is on sale. Wanna buy?". I'd replied saying give me an hour. But I didn't need an hour. Got off a call with Nikhil and then called my dad up (who's a car enthusiast and a Fiat fan himself). Dad picked up the phone I said "Nikhil's car, the Palio S10 is up for sale. Shall I buy it?". My dad who's not been so happy with the financial decisions I've made in the recent past gave his approval (albeit not so willingly). All of this happened within five mins from Nikhil's call. I get back to him with the positive news.

All of this happened on the afternoon of 2nd November. At the end of the day I still couldn't digest the fact that I was now the owner of the #466, but I was!

Few days later, managed to get over a call with Mahesh uncle (the actual owner of the S10) and we spoke at length about the car and my future plans w.r.t the S10.

So yes, the Fiat Palio S10 bearing badge number #466 finds a new home. As we speak the paperwork for reassignment in TS is underway. Since the car was sitting idle anyways, car got some much needed mechanical attention and the following bits have been done for now:
1.) Timing kit (comprises of a belt, belt adjuster and fixed tensioner bearing)
2.) All filters and fluids changed
3.) New brake pads and shoes for rotors and drums.

PS pump and rack were done up just days before I got the car. So the car is sorted for now. But I'm sure car is awaiting quite some attention to make it the way I want it to be. For the record, car has clocked some 24,8xx kms as on date. Car will be shipped to Hyderabad, TS pretty soon. Till then, here are some pics for viewing pleasure.

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20211130_203913_314.jpg

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20211130_203916_194.jpg

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20211130_234116_523.jpg

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20211130_234118_724.jpg

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20211130_234121_670.jpg

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 30th November 2021 at 23:58.
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 19:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Cricket Connection - Fiat Palio S10-img_20220614_160149.jpg

From Mumbai to Hyderabad and now my place in Delhi. Its in right hands now.
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks