Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:01   #16
BHPian

Re: My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz

Hello fellow BHPians! So we are seeing hotter and hotter summers each and every year. This year the temperature in Nasik (where my Jazz resides) touched 42-43 degrees! Since the February service, the car is again running completely normal. I didn't get an opportunity to do an extreme long run but the air conditioning is functioning well. The AC blower has to be kept at 3rd position out of 4 in the peak hours of the heat. Surprisingly, my 2013 VW's AC works much more effectively and is a lot stronger in cooling. The Jazz's front windscreen can be a nightmare in strong sun.

I am amazed how reliably the car is running. In the last 1 year, my car has done only 5000 kms, lol! (1.08L+ Kms in total) I'm also focusing on how to make the aging and fading headlights survive forever by some DIY treatments. Will update that soon.

Had clicked this pic on a really hot day. It feels terrific to drive a big yet small reliable Japanese hatchback on the lovely roads of Nasik.
My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-fb_img_1559553379041.jpg

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 3rd June 2019 at 15:03.
300 KMPH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Updating this thread after a long time. As I had pointed out that I service my car once a year and 5000 kms (whichever comes earlier), my car was due for a service. Since my last service in Feb 2019, my car approximately did 4000 kms.

Last month, I had to drive the car in Mumbai and when it saw the Mumbai's start-stop traffic, that's when i realised that the clutch really needed replacement. My left leg started aching horribly and needed complete bed rest after driving in Mumbai Infact, when I got the car back in Nasik, i didn't use it for a month due to bad clutch.

So I got the car serviced 2 days ago and finally replaced the clutch and did the regular service. The bill was ₹9,303. Spare parts prices were ok but labour was expensive is what I feel. But yea, spending 8k for clutch in 10 years is completely acceptable.

The service advisor claims the suspension shall last around 40k kms more easily. Brake pads were in great condition. The brake pads of this Jazz cost 4.5k! He claimed that it's due to the quality as pads of the newer cars are CHEAPER (ahem).

One problem: Wiper linkage is making noise and the new part costs ₹1100/- which was not in stock and had to be ordered. Thinking of showing this to a local mechanic.

To sum it up: The car now flies with the new clutch and the pedals have now become super responsive and sensitive. Redlining the Jazz is more fun than before now!

Also, thank you Rushabh Honda for applying interior polish even when I didn't opt for it and making the car ready within 10 workings hours.

Here are some pics post service:

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-picsart_010710.39.4101.jpeg

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-picsart_010710.42.3701.jpeg

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-picsart_010710.41.1401.jpeg

The lovely i-vtec motor

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_625501.jpeg

I also made a small video on the car's experience.

300 KMPH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 15:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post

I also made a small video on the car's experience....
That is one fantastic looking 10yr old Jazz! This car can easily last 500,000kms with routine servicing & replacement of wear & tear parts. 110,000kms is nothing for this engine + gearbox combo. After all it’s a Honda! Well done mate. They don’t build cars like this anymore these days!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th August 2020 at 17:26. Reason: Removed video URL within quotes.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Headlamp Restoration

Headlamp fading is a major problem in areas with high temperatures. Upgrading the headlamp bulbs will also accelerate the headlamp hazing process. This has been a major problem in plastic headlamps unlike the glass headlamps in the good old days which remain shiny even after 2-3 decades.

My headlamps are stock with stock bulbs inside them. They have been already buffed thrice. They also buffed from Honda once but now they don't recollect offering that service anymore

So why not DIY?
I tried buffing the LHS headlamp but ended up using the wrong sand paper & had to apply clear coat but it didn't go that well. So for RHS headlamp, I order this Formula 1 headlamp restorer.

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_20200728_162503.jpg

I had purchased a DA Polisher few months back and decided to try this product out. This is how the headlamp looked before.

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_20200728_161310.jpg

It just required few drops of the product and buffed the headlamp for around 15 minutes with the DA Polisher and I was shocked by the result.

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_20200801_090836.jpg

Here is quick comparison. Before - After.

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-picsart_080109.12.09.jpg

Its been 2 months now & the shine is still exactly the same. The real test will be in the next summers again.

Note: You can also buff it with a microfiber cloth, but the results are not satisfying enough.

Last edited by 300 KMPH : 16th September 2020 at 12:08.
300 KMPH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 10:12   #20
BHPian

The Final Goodbye

Hi all. I am almost 3 months late to update this. But nevertheless, this shall be my final update on this thread regarding my Honda Jazz.

It was time to have a new diesel car in the family and we had to replace one of the cars due to space constraints. So after a lot of thinking and various possibilities, it was not working out practically and financially to keep the Jazz for a longer time.

I had put up my car for sale on my Instagram. Got many inquiries but in the end, I found a dealer who offered me a price which felt good enough to me and we said goodbye to the car on 5th September, we said final goodbye to our lovely Jazz!

We had bought it as a beater car and ended up keeping it for 7 years and did a total of 1.13L kms. I had just got it serviced a month before from Honda. There was not a single accident with the car since our purchase. Nothing was ever re-painted.

But here are the final pics I clicked the day before selling it. My family has always ensured that the car should be delivered in best possible condition when we sell it. We sold the car to make space for a new car and not because it was out of order or malfunctioning.

After selling it to the dealer, he managed to sell the car in a month and my friend Tanmoy also spotted it just a few kms from my residence in a covered parking kept safely. In fact, the car still has ribbons on it even after 2 months of purchase by the next owner.

To conclude, I have a few points to mention:

- Even if your car has low resale value, try to maintain it as much as you can. You will get a respectable price.

- It could be a good time to sell your old well kept petrol car. Due to BS6 emission norms, used car prices are getting revised.

- Keep your entire service history, all photographs, spare key, spare parts handy. The buyer will be surely impressed and will pay you a respectable price. All these things build trust during the buyer.

- Last but not the least, the only hatchback today which can probably match the quality levels of the old Jazz could be the Polo. Gone are those good times.

Sharing the last pics I had clicked the day before delivering it.

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_20210904_222150.jpg

My pre-owned 2010 Honda Jazz-img_20210904_222212.jpg

A small video which I had made:

Before I end this post, I would like to mention about the price who might be curious.

We bought the Jazz for 2.90 lakh in 2014 and sold it for 2.25 lakh in 2021 after driving it for 37,000 kms
300 KMPH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:18   #21
BHPian

Just read the entire thread in one go and so glad to see your amazing experience with the Jazz, the heartwarming rescue operation and the way you maintained the car too!

A friend of mine owns this version of Jazz and the quality levels are so amazing! The practicality, space and the view from drivers seat is so good too.

And it’s mind boggling to see you sell the car for almost no depreciation after 7 years! You got it for an amazing price but you’ve also maintained it amazingly well, and so is the cars quality helping it keep its value. Thanks for this thread and wishing your family beautiful years ahead with the new ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks