Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 18:53   #121
BHPian

Re: Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Thank you Sai! On the brembos, the only gripe is brake dust gets accumulated and slight squeal.
A slight squeal is bearable I guess? I am facing massive squeals - more like howls.
Old 11th September 2023, 15:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
82,000km update

A quick review on the brake pads:

The stock one itself has a good bite but I changed the brake pad as the distance the brake pad was used was pretty high and I wanted to test the brembo ones. The brembo ones really do make a difference in braking after the bedding in period of 600-800 one. Overall a good buy and a recommended one in case you're going for new brake pads. Also, the cost is similar to OE brake pads.
Hey Jithin, how are the Brembo brake pads holding up. I recently picked up an Ecosport Dragon AT and felt the need for sharper brakes.
Old 18th January 2024, 14:49   #123
BHPian

I have a BS4 Ecosport TDCI with current Sync Version 3.0.20204. There are no further updates for this version on the Ford official site or with FASS.

I was looking forward to using Cyanlabs Autoupdate via the USB to the current Sync version Sync 3.4.23188; Region: ROW; Map Version: Non-Nav APIM and Install Mode: Auto-Detect (reformat)

I wanted an opinion on whether this is a bug-free version and if navigation is turned ON while preparing the USB, what impact it will have? Otherwise please suggest a Stable and bugfree version available on Cyanlabs.

Appreciate your advice as I will be making such an effort for the first time. Thanks!
Old 18th January 2024, 15:31   #124

Quote:
Mid Life Updates to the Blue Baby
Great to see all the updates on the amazing car.

Could you suggest good service centers in Bangalore for periodic maintenance that can be trusted. I own a 2018 Ford Figo TDCI.

Would love to get suggestions on the maintenance bit.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2024 at 22:52. Reason: Quote tag fixed
swamy_r34nismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 15:44   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Hey Jithin, how are the Brembo brake pads holding up. I recently picked up an Ecosport Dragon AT and felt the need for sharper brakes.
Hi Bullit, I'd suggest to go with Brembo Extra brake pads as they do not emit squeaking noise and lesser brake dust.

A quick update on the blue baby: It has been business as usual and the no.of Kilometers clocked are lesser. It has been driven 20k kms in 2 years and the Odo stands at 104,000 now and the car is as good as new. However I feel this is a toned down version of the red as I'm used to the red's power.

Maintenance has been an icing on the cake with service bills seldom exceeding 5.5k, except for disc change at 95k kms. Got the tyres recently changed to Yokos again after using the previous set for 70k odd kms.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 16:34   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamy_r34nismo View Post

Great to see all the updates on the amazing car.

Could you suggest good service centers in Bangalore for periodic maintenance that can be trusted. I own a 2018 Ford Figo TDCI.

Would love to get suggestions on the maintenance bit.
I would suggest to stick to FASS JSP or Cauvery Ford. The reason being if you service the car from FASS each part which is replaces with a 6 month or 10,000km warranty which your FNG won’t provide unless you’re really close.

For BS4 I would suggest to go with Motul xcess 8100 5w40 oil as that has been quite good in my experience in terms of price to performance ratio.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 14:39. Reason: Formatting quotes post
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 19:15   #127
BHPian

Thanks to advice and posts from Jithin23. I have updated the Sync 3.0.20204 version to Sync 3.4.23188 today.

Master reset made the installation process smooth. Without Navigation, it was done in under 20 minutes. The new UI is quite responsive.

One thing I observed is that in Audio files, the album image is no longer visible.

Some queries that I still have:

1. Can background images or themes be changed in the 3.4 version?
2. How do I enable playing Video files, i tried .MP4 fies but could only hear the audio
3. Can Navigation be installed ( for India maps) via a similar process so that there is no need to connect the phone via USB for navigation?

Thanks!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd March 2024 at 14:38. Reason: Minor spacing for readability
Intrepidspy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidspy View Post
Some queries that I still have:

1. Can background images or themes be changed in the 3.4 version?
2. How do I enable playing Video files, i tried .MP4 fies but could only hear the audio
3. Can Navigation be installed ( for India maps) via a similar process so that there is no need to connect the phone via USB for navigation?

Thanks!
Yes, via jailbreaking you can add custom images and enable video player, I will share the sync 3 mods reference link over here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-sync-3-a.html (Some interesting DIY modifications in Ford's Sync 3)

Navigation, the native one is present in the Endevaour. I have it on my other EcoSport but I haven't used it even once as it isn't intuitive to use and has not live traffice relay. Even when I was driving in Ladakh, I made peace with offline google maps.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks