Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 15:03   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Thanks for putting this detailed info, when your say rattling, is it loud rattle or its vibrations while going on bad patch ?
It is not loud. Its like some tiny metal object touching each other. I have observed this on rough roads but not always. If music is turned on then its barely noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitchalla View Post
Loved the post and the well maintained vehicle. I too get the alignment/balancing at independent shops as I believe they work with much smaller tolerances.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Very well documented indeed. Good to see that Jeep has mandated Timing belt replacement at 75k or 5 years (i presume). Surprisingly in my case for my Scross 1.6, Maruti has not at all mentioned anything on Timing Belt replacement which is strange considering this being a very crucial part. The International service manual mandates replacement at 75k or 5 years. Since mine has crossed 75k and breached the 5 year time frame, I will be voluntarily getting the Timing belt replaced, have requested the service advisor at Sai Service, Hinjewadi Pune to procure the required spares.
Yes, It is 75K Kms or 5 years. If you don't have it as a scheduled replacement then better to get it replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on racking up 75k in 2 1/2 years even with the pandemic induced lock down. Thanks for continuing to maintain this ownership thread the way you have been doing all this while.
Wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles ahead !
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Extremely well documented ownership report, Thank you for sharing.

I am actually taken back by relatively low maintenance cost.

That Front brake pad change at 52K ( 7264 with Break Fluid ) included labor charges as well ? Brake disc are still in good condition is really good to know, might be due to your higher highway usage ?
Yes, brake pads + brake fluid with labour charges.

60% of my driving is on the highway and I prefer engine braking than hard braking unless it is really required. So, this maybe helping as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
Hi Arun,

Great going, Jeep Compass looks smashing in Red color Well maintained vehicle

BTW, do you still stay around Bannerghatta Road? I remember meeting you in a car wash point during your Linea days. May be about 3 years back. Hope we cross our paths again!

Cheers,
Raghav
Thank you.

Yes, I remember meeting you and your duster. I still stay around the same area only. Hope to meet you some time.
Old 24th November 2021, 15:51   #257
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

From the service costs I can say that they look very reasonable;

1) For my 1st service (JC Diesel Longitude - Oct 2019) which was carried out at 11000 kms I was charged 18,500/- approx. (Rs.9,000 materials/consumables + Rs.6,500 labour + taxes).
2) Exactly two years in Sept 21, my battery wore out at 20000 kms in 2 years Rs.8,500/- new battery & same day has left front tyre burst side wall damage. Replaced with Yokohama Rs.7,200/-.
3) The 2nd service was carried out on 16th Nov at 21400 kms and I was charged again Rs.18,000/- approx. (8,000 materials/consumables + 6,500 labour + taxes).
Both the cases Oil change, Oil filter change, AC filter change, Fuel filter change, Air filter change, washer fluid, wheel balancing & alignment. Also they charged on use of Diagnostic System. In two years of ownership I have already spent Rs.52200/-.
kaps1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 16:48   #258
BHPian

Just curious to know, how did you get the highway and city drive data and share graph
are you using data from Jeeplife app?
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 20:39   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
1) For my 1st service (JC Diesel Longitude - Oct 2019) which was carried out at 11000 kms I was charged 18,500/- approx. (Rs.9,000 materials/consumables + Rs.6,500 labour + taxes).
2) Exactly two years in Sept 21, my battery wore out at 20000 kms in 2 years Rs.8,500/- new battery & same day has left front tyre burst side wall damage. Replaced with Yokohama Rs.7,200/-.
3) The 2nd service was carried out on 16th Nov at 21400 kms and I was charged again Rs.18,000/- approx. (8,000 materials/consumables + 6,500 labour + taxes).
Both the cases Oil change, Oil filter change, AC filter change, Fuel filter change, Air filter change, washer fluid, wheel balancing & alignment. Also they charged on use of Diagnostic System. In two years of ownership I have already spent Rs.52200/-.
This seems to be on the higher side. Maybe they did some work outside standard servicing. (Ex: AC duct cleaning, Interior cleaning etc)

I missed out on the battery replacement expense. I paid 8K for battery replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Just curious to know, how did you get the highway and city drive data and share graph
are you using data from Jeeplife app?
I am not using any app. I note down the ODO (I click a pic of ODO) whenever I go on any drives. And then just feed it on Excel, the old school method
arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 21:19   #260
BHPian

Re: 75,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
[b]

Clutch:

Clutch condition is good and I don’t see any issues during gear changes as well. It is not light as new but I don’t feel any difficulty while applying the clutch. The service advisor didn’t raise any concern either.
Thats a lot of mile crunching considering the situation since last year. Good to that Compass is holding up thanks to your maintenance.

Have a query. As i am on lookout for pre owned Compass, quite a few I came across had hard clutch even though they had run less than 25k kms and two of them were 4x4. I have driven ones which had light clutch, obviously there seems to be issue with these. Is it possible that if clutch were replaced, would it ride like a new one.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 08:58   #261
BHPian

Nice writeup and analysis. This motivates me further as I was intently looking to pick up a second hand Jeep which has run less than 25K. I did notice the petrol Jeeps were selling at a discount, I presume due to the rocketing fuel prices not many buyers are as keen, creating this price drop!
gopa99 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 12:37   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Have a query. As i am on lookout for pre owned Compass, quite a few I came across had hard clutch even though they had run less than 25k kms and two of them were 4x4. I have driven ones which had light clutch, obviously there seems to be issue with these. Is it possible that if clutch were replaced, would it ride like a new one.
Initial batch had clutch issues, some replaced it under warranty some didn't. It depends on the manufacturing year of the Compass that you tested.

You can check with adneeraj, he recently changed the clutch in his Compass.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5192195 (Another American...it only gets better | My Jeep Compass 2.0 TDI 4x4 MT)
Old 25th November 2021, 14:11   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Initial batch had clutch issues, some replaced it under warranty some didn't. It depends on the manufacturing year of the Compass that you tested.
The two 4x4 i test drove was Oct 2018 and April manufactured-Oct registered 2019, both under 25k mileage. Am i right in assuming that six month gap points to a display car. As rc card showed single owner, dont think this could be a test drive car.

I am following that thread too and had put a similar query of clutch.
Old 25th November 2021, 14:14   #264
BHPian

Threads like this are the reasons why there is just no substitute, i repeat, no substitute to TEAM BHP forum and to the automotive love of the members of this community.

Wishing you many more happy miles on Scarlett. The way you have documented the various readings, will put CAT exam aspirants and ISO specification document technical writers to shame. Good to see Compass holding up so well with minimum timely maintenance (pun intended on timing belt).

Btw, on a side note, Scarlett conjures a picture of Madhuri Dixit in my mind, always puts a smile on your face when you look at her and there is absolutely no sign of age
viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 17:21   #265
BHPian

Quote:
This seems to be on the higher side. Maybe they did some work outside standard servicing. (Ex: AC duct cleaning, Interior cleaning etc)

I missed out on the battery replacement expense. I paid 8K for battery replacement.
Absolutely, There no extra work done apart from whatever I have mentioned. I hope the service cost doesn't differ location to location for Mopar.

What was amazing during the 2nd service was that it took them less than 5 hours to service my car with all the work done as mentioned. Since their washing bay wasn't working the same was not done.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th November 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Fixing/closing quote tag
Old 25th November 2021, 22:12   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
The two 4x4 i test drove was Oct 2018 and April manufactured-Oct registered 2019, both under 25k mileage. Am i right in assuming that six month gap points to a display car. As rc card showed single owner, dont think this could be a test drive car.

I am following that thread too and had put a similar query of clutch.
Even mine has a difference of 5-6 months but it was shipped from factory after my booking. So, we can't conclude that its a display/test drive car based on the gap between Manufacturing / Registration date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Threads like this are the reasons why there is just no substitute, i repeat, no substitute to TEAM BHP forum and to the automotive love of the members of this community.

Btw, on a side note, Scarlett conjures a picture of Madhuri Dixit in my mind, always puts a smile on your face when you look at her and there is absolutely no sign of age
Thanks a lot for your very kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
Absolutely, There no extra work done apart from whatever I have mentioned. I hope the service cost doesn't differ location to location for Mopar.

What was amazing during the 2nd service was that it took them less than 5 hours to service my car with all the work done as mentioned. Since their washing bay wasn't working the same was not done.
As far as I know the service charges will be same across all cities. Even if there is a difference, it will be minimal.

It is strange that you paid more for just the standard work. Also, for the 15Kms/1 year servicing the labour cost (4K approx) is free if done within the schedule period.
Old 26th November 2021, 09:18   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Even mine has a difference of 5-6 months but it was shipped from factory after my booking. So, we can't conclude that its a display/test drive car based on the gap between Manufacturing / Registration date.
Ya, thats right, it could be this case as well, thanks.
Old 26th November 2021, 22:10   #268
BHPian

Yet another detailed and well documented post; hats off to you anna. This comes as a myth buster too as it proves that owning a Jeep is not an expensive affair. Liked the fact that you are old school in keeping the mileage notes. But would suggest you give Fuelio app a try. It's quite convenient and simple.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:15   #269
DSY

Hello Arun ….can you please share service invoice for 75k service as service centre , Jeep Gurugram is quoting 21k for service and 13k for timing belt replacement . Thanks in advance
Old 29th November 2021, 21:55   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

ODO crossed the 75K milestone

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-75000.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Yet another detailed and well documented post; hats off to you anna. This comes as a myth buster too as it proves that owning a Jeep is not an expensive affair.

Thanks Judil.

Yes, so far the standard maintenance looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Liked the fact that you are old school in keeping the mileage notes. But would suggest you give Fuelio app a try. It's quite convenient and simple.
Sure I will check this one. I had tried a different app earlier, but didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY View Post
Hello Arun ….can you please share service invoice for 75k service as service centre , Jeep Gurugram is quoting 21k for service and 13k for timing belt replacement . Thanks in advance
These are the standard items for 75K Servcie

Paid Service Charge - 5000 (This includes labor for timing belt replacement as well. For other scheduled services it comes around 4k)
Air Filter - 750
AC/Cabin Filter - 500
Fuel Filter - 2850
Oil Filter - 620
Engine Oil - 3700

Total - 13420

If you do wheel alignment and balancing, add another 2K (approx)

Apart from this, they charge for windshield Washer, distilled water, disposable cover set, plug drain, screw, plug, sealing gasket drain plug, consumables etc. 1.5K (approx)

So, inclusive of WA/WB, it will come around 17K. Check what else your service center has quoted.

Another 12K for timing belt replacement.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks