Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 13:38   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3 years ownership update, ODO @ 84,711 Kms

Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I started using this additive since 76,000 Kms on the ODO, using one bottle every 2K Kms.
Used to bring good results on the Punto. Glad to hear it makes a difference on the Compass as well.

Not sure how this will affect the more restricted BS6 engines though!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 08:57   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Used to bring good results on the Punto. Glad to hear it makes a difference on the Compass as well.

Not sure how this will affect the more restricted BS6 engines though!
It won't really affect the emission system. Infact the product mainly cleans the injectors since in direct injection diesel engines, it can't clean the valve stems or intake path.

It's a decent product but I found bigger difference with the good old System D than this in my Ecosport.

If you want to see mileage and performance and refinement shoot up then get the other one Speedtec diesel since that is a proper cleaning + cetane booster.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 09:08   #303
BHPian

Quote:
3 years ownership update
It’s been three years of ownership now and has been a fantastic journey so far. The eagerness to go on a drive is still the same as it was on day 1 of ownership and it never wanes. It has been an excellent highway cruiser and a great handler of bad roads as well. I covered 42K Km during the first year of the ownership however pandemic put the brakes on the mile-munching later. So, it took two years to cover the next 42k km.

That’s it for now. I’m looking forward to many more happy miles with this wonderful machine.
I only have one qn, and I'm sorry if it has been covered in one of your posts above- why do you drive so much? I can't even imagine doing 42k km over the course of 5-6 years, let alone 1

(42000 km over 365 days in a non-pandemic period is over 100km a day, every single day)

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 6th April 2022 at 09:12.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 11:19   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
why do you drive so much? I can't even imagine doing 42k km over the course of 5-6 years, let alone 1
If you aren't going to do 42K in 5-6 years, you won't understand

Buy a home 40-50 km away from office. Commute daily. Use the same car for all shopping trips, mall visits. Do a hometown visit that is 500+ km away every month. That's it, you should see 40K a year easily on a non-pandemic year
narayans80 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:36   #305
BHPian

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Wishing you many more miles to much with your Compass. Thanks for proving great level of details. Can these additives be used for Skoda Laura as well? Mine is a 2006 model.
vijuk21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 01:47   #306

re: Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!

Can you share your excel file? I would love to track these metrics for my car as well.
Old 7th April 2022, 10:21   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you aren't going to do 42K in 5-6 years, you won't understand

Buy a home 40-50 km away from office. Commute daily. Use the same car for all shopping trips, mall visits. Do a hometown visit that is 500+ km away every month. That's it, you should see 40K a year easily on a non-pandemic year

Quote:
I only have one qn, and I'm sorry if it has been covered in one of your posts above- why do you drive so much? I can't even imagine doing 42k km over the course of 5-6 years, let alone 1

(42000 km over 365 days in a non-pandemic period is over 100km a day, every single day)
narayans80 has answered your query

This is my only vehicle to commute, and we hate taking the bus/train/flight for outstation trips. Traveling with two active kids mean we pack almost the entire house for all our long trips. A personal vehicle makes it easier to deal with luggage from doorstep to doorstep. Of course, I love driving and Scarlett is a perfect companion for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuk21 View Post
Wishing you many more miles to much with your Compass. Thanks for proving great level of details. Can these additives be used for Skoda Laura as well? Mine is a 2006 model.
I am not sure. You can check here, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...thread-72.html (The Fuel Additives Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunjeshgupta View Post
Can you share your excel file? I would love to track these metrics for my car as well.
It is just a basic excel in which I capture data during fuel refill (Date,Qty,Price, Kms, Usage type, FE etc). Also, I note down the dates whenever I cross 1K Kms. There are many apps out there which you can try, someone suggested me Fuelio app, its apparently simple to use.
arun_josie is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 19:51   #308

Wishing you many more joyous milestones with scarlet.

I have never wanted to own a Compass, nor am I considering it now, but I keep coming back to your thread again and again. The quality of your inputs and experience with Scarlet is commendable. 👍🏼
Huzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 21:10   #309
BHPian

Quote:

Well for some its the love of driving. Believe Arun is one of them too.

My commute to office is around 40 kms both ways but I ride a bike to work. Car usage is mainly during weekends and road trips. We too do 95% of our travel in car and have done 1.2 L kms in last 7+ years. Had it not been for the Covid my car would have done close to 1.6 L kms now. Even during Covid we did quite a few 300-500 kms drive. The only purpose was to drive to near by places avoiding crowded places. Last 2 years we have packed our food too and had it in car to avoid going to restaurants or other crowded places.

Driving just gives an unusual high. Don't know why but just love the feeling of being in motion. Cycle, Bike or car doesn't matter.
nibedk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 22:58   #310
Team-BHP Support

There is a reason "Live to drive" is the most popular sticker offered by the forum. Though many dream it, only some are lucky enough to be able to live it.

Oh I so envy how much fun those 42k kms in a year would have been!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 10:23   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Breakfast drive and a 700 Kms drive with parents

A breakfast drive to welcome a Trailhawk into the fold

Its become a tradition to do a breakfast drive anytime a new vehicle joins our gang. This time, we have a new Trailhawk join our fold. We drove to the Murugan Idli Shop in Krishnagiri for a quick breakfast drive. As usual, it was a fun drive with friends which culminated in some delicious breakfast. Here are some pics from this drive

Delicious podi idli and vada :-)

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-idli.jpg

The new trailhawk and the gang

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-th1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-th2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-th3.jpg

The human gang

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-th4.jpg

A 700 Kms drive with parents

My parents are aged 70+ now and have mobility issues. So, public transportation is a challenge for them. The whole idea of wrangling the luggage from the house to railway station/airport and repeating the same thing at the destination is almost an impossible task. Not to mention cab journeys to and fro between the house and station/airport, the wait times there and the need for wheel-chair assistance to get around. My parents had to visit Chennai and they took a flight for their onward journey and struggled a lot with these logistical issues. Also, door to door took 7+ hours for them. So, I decided to drive them back from Chennai to Nagercoil.

I drove from Bangalore to Chennai, a regulation drive that took me 4:30 hrs. An uneventful drive. The plan was to drive back to Nagercoil the next day with my parents. We started at 9am from Chennai and the traffic was heavy due to peak office hours. It took us more than an hour to exit Chennai. The traffic reduced once we crossed Chengalpattu and it rained intermittently. It was a non-stop drive(except one quick stop on the roadside) till the lunch point @A2B, a few Kms before Trichy. It was a solid one hour stop here to give my parents some time to stretch and relax. I refueled the car at the BPCL COCO which is there along with this A2B outlet.

Like the summer heat the diesel price too is soaring high

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-20220413_140501.jpg

During the quick stop

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1.jpg

After the lunch break, we resumed the journey and crossed Trichy around 2:30. We planned to stop near Virudhunagar for tea, but it started raining heavily, so heavy that I couldn't cross 40Kmph for few Kms. We ditched the plans for tea break and continued till after Kovilpatti and stopped for tea. We took a 40mins break for tea. After this, we drove non-stop for the rest of the journey till Nagercoil and we reached there by 7:30 PM.

Another quick stop on the roadside

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-2.jpg

It was a pleasant journey, and my parents were comfortable without the hassle of dealing with public transportation. We all had a nice time catching up during the drive. I stayed for a day in Nagercoil and returned after that. Another regulation solo drive back to Bangalore.
Some empty roads during the return to Bangalore

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-3.jpg

Some speed cams are coming on the Madurai - Viridhunagar stretch, I think it is not operational yet.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-4.jpg

Overall trip details, this also includes 2+ hours of driving in Chennai traffic. ODO @ 86,666 Kms :-)

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-20220415_161837.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzi View Post
Wishing you many more joyous milestones with scarlet.

I have never wanted to own a Compass, nor am I considering it now, but I keep coming back to your thread again and again. The quality of your inputs and experience with Scarlet is commendable. ����
Thanks a lot for your very kind words :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Even during Covid we did quite a few 300-500 kms drive. The only purpose was to drive to near by places avoiding crowded places. Last 2 years we have packed our food too and had it in car to avoid going to restaurants or other crowded places.
Yes we also did similar kind of drives during covid. There was no other option during those days apart from being locked inside the home.

Quote:
Driving just gives an unusual high. Don't know why but just love the feeling of being in motion. Cycle, Bike or car doesn't matter.
Yes, and it doesn't matter which car we are driving too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is a reason "Live to drive" is the most popular sticker offered by the forum. Though many dream it, only some are lucky enough to be able to live it.

Oh I so envy how much fun those 42k kms in a year would have been!
Yes, it was all super fun except for the NE drive plan which didn't happen. Also, with kids growing up such plans are looking more complex now.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th April 2022 at 11:33. Reason: As requested
arun_josie is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 22:35   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Breakfast drive and a 700 Kms drive with parents

Another highway drive and this time it was with family after long time. This trip was to attend a wedding of a cousin. As usual, the drive was excellent and some heavy rains along the way made it interesting

Overall trip details, this includes some 30+ Kms of drive in heavy traffic and also the traffic heavy Nagercoil - Marthandam stretch.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-1.jpg

A nice view from the hotel where we stayed in Coimbatore

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-2.jpg

When we stopped for some delicious Nongu Sarbath near Nagercoil

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  130.9 KB

Getting soaked in heavy rains

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-4.jpg

It rained very heavily during the drive near Valliyur

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  61.3 KB

A small clipping captured during the rains

A click with the Western Ghats

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-7.jpg

Jigarthanda stop. A must-have summer drink if you are in Madurai area.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-8.jpg

ODO at 88,647 Kms and getting closer to the 90K Kms servicing.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-9.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th May 2022 at 22:37.
arun_josie is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 23:09   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

90,000 Kms Service Update

90,000 Kms Service Update:

This is a regular service with replacement of Air filter, AC filter, Fuel filter, Engine Oil/Filter and Brake fluid. Apart from this a complete checkup will be done.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-s1.jpg

Complaints (Rattling Issue):

Right from early days, I am facing two intermittent minor rattling issues. But it has not bothered me much as it shows up rarely. This comes on uneven roads and at times on the regular highway. These issues are always difficult to replicate at the service center. One rattling is from the driver side door and the other one is from the dashboard.

Recently a 3rd issue came up from the base of the inside rear-view mirror. Thankfully it came up again during the test drive at the service center. To fix this, they removed it and have put some tape inside to avoid any noises. So far, this issue has not reoccurred.
Apart from this, I didn’t have any issues to report.

Brake Pads and Disc:

The front brake pads are now 38K Kms old and it still looks good. The first set held for 51K Kms, so this may give another 10K Kms I think. The discs are still the stock one and no cause for concern yet.

Front brake pads,

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bp1.jpg

Name:  BP2.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  82.0 KB

The rear brake pads/disc continues to be good, and it’s not replaced yet.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-bp3.jpg

Suspension and Clutch:

No complaints. Clutch is sightly hard; I realize this only when I test the clutch of any other new vehicles. Otherwise, I don’t see any issues with them. I’m probably used to the clutch play in Scarlett.

Wheel lug nuts:

It’s a known issue with these cap-type lug nuts that if the cap gets misaligned then it is difficult to remove it. This time few more had issues, I am planning to get the complete set replaced with the normal chrome plated nuts. I checked with Madhus but they don’t have it currently. The normal one available at the service center are black in colour. The facelift Compass gets these normal black ones by default which goes well with that alloy colour/design. I feel these black nuts will look odd with the old alloy models.

Name:  LN.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  56.2 KB

The old filters with full of dust

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-filter.jpg

This is the brake fluid used for refilling

Name:  BO.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  70.7 KB

Service Experience (PPS Motors):

It was a very good experience. I was the first to report so that they can assign a service bay immediately. They did attend my vehicle quickly. Overall, it took 3 hours for the complete service, test drive and billing.

There was a delay in billing though.

Service bill : 13,032 /-

Additional 4620/- for the Sunshade.

Scarlett is all set for another 15K Kms

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-odo.jpg

Service History

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-service-history.jpg

Wheel Alignment / Balancing / Tyre Rotation:

I got this done at Madhus and it was after 8K Kms since the last WA/WB. The tyre grip looks good for another 10K Kms at least. Currently it is 37K Kms old.

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wa1.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wa2.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wa3.jpg

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-wa4.jpg

Front Wiper:

Its 20K Kms since I changed the current Bosch wipers. Its at end of its life and I will get it replaced soon. As mentioned earlier, the quality of the OEM wiper is excellent, but they charge a whopping 5K for that. So, I will stick to Bosch wipers for now as it is 900/- only.

Sunshade:

I have not put any sun film nor the Compass comes with a tinted glass from factory. So, during the day drives when the climate is very hot, the AC speed must be on the chillier side. Also, when parked under sun, it becomes very hot inside in no time. So, I decided to try this sunshade as people shared positive feedbacks about it. This costed me 4620/-

Name:  SS1.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  106.6 KB

Scarlett comes home | My Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4x4 | EDIT: 1,47,000 km up!-ss2.jpg

Standard Warranty / Extended Warranty:

Meanwhile the standard warranty period got over. Standard warranty is for 1L Kms or 3 years , whichever comes first. So, it got over by last month and now I am into the extended warranty period. Surprisingly there were no claims during the standard warranty period.

Looking forward to crunch more miles!
arun_josie is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 12:27   #314
BHPian

Re: 90,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
90,000 Kms Service Update:

Complaints (Rattling Issue):

Right from early days, I am facing two intermittent minor rattling issues. But it has not bothered me much as it shows up rarely. This comes on uneven roads and at times on the regular highway. These issues are always difficult to replicate at the service center. One rattling is from the driver side door and the other one is from the dashboard.
Thanks for sharing your updates. Great to hear about 90k update.

On the rattles, is it coming from B pillar - seat belt height adjuster? ( or the door itself )

Last edited by enj0y_ride : 7th May 2022 at 12:28.
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 14:07   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 90,000 Kms Service Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Thanks for sharing your updates. Great to hear about 90k update.

On the rattles, is it coming from B pillar - seat belt height adjuster? ( or the door itself )
This comes from the door pad side. It is probably due to some clips used to hold the wires. Some people got these clips replaced to a newer model which avoids this rattling. It's not related to the seat belt.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks