Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:40   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

^^ If there are GOOD PSU pumps in your vicinity, it is enough to fill Speed petrol from BP (not Speed 97) or similar fuel from IOC or HP. It is as good as Shell V Power. I switched my car and bike to Speed petrol from V Power a year ago after I located an excellent BP pump. No issues.

If you can't locate a good PSU pump, better go with Reliance or Essar. Both will be good.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 02:09   #1067
Senior - BHPian

I picked up an octane booster from Amazon @580 for 250ml and it treats 60 litres of fuel, increaing the octane number by 5. So it works out to about Rs 10 per litre to convert normal petrol to Speed 97 levels so it's quite reasonable.
I have filled Speed 97 in my cars before and the effects was very comparable - smoother, quieter, more responsive engine and if driven sedately a small bump in mileage.
It's a mix of Xylene and Toluene so you could DIY it at lower cost. Be careful not to spill it and let it dwell on plastics and paint for too long as it's a solvent.
I treated my Dzire, Beat and Activa with a single can and all 3 were almost fully fuelled up so around 70litres in total vs the recommended 60.
Old 13th October 2021, 18:35   #1068

First post. Need help.

Hello, I need help with my friend's 2014 model Honda Amaze diesel. He has driven a total of 70k kms. He has only done company service till now. His car has become sluggish, with drastic drop in pick up, performance and fuel efficiency. Also, the engine noise has increased a lot. I read a lot of the replies in this thread till now and am confused which product to suggest him.

I have personally used LiquiMoly super diesel additive for my car (Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi 2013 model with 99.5k kms in the odometer), but I had mechanically cleaned the carbon build up in an external workshop 2 months prior to using the additive. My car has become very smooth and engine noise has reduced considerably with a slight bump in performance. Fuel efficiency has not improved.

Please give your opinion on what to do inorder to make his car feel young again.
Rnjn@motorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:32   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnjn@motorhead View Post

First post. Need help.

Hello, I need help with my friend's 2014 model Honda Amaze diesel. He has driven a total of 70k kms. He has only done company service till now. His car has become sluggish, with drastic drop in pick up, performance and fuel efficiency. Also, the engine noise has increased a lot. I read a lot of the replies in this thread till now and am confused which product to suggest him.
again.
Before any additives, do ask him to check the following at the SS

- Clutch replacement might just be around the corner since it has clocked 70k. A bad clutch might be pointing to most of the issues listed by you.

- If the clutch is still intact , try to see if EGR needs to be reset/cleaned . Newer diesel cars have a lot of soot being re circulated due to emission norms.

- If not above 2, try the classic Italian tuning and ECU reset by disconnecting the battery leads for 15m.

- Rarely , timing belt check could be done as its nearing 1L kms. Shouldnt be the case but you never know unless checked.

Fuel additives do clean up marginally , but i dont recommend them as a first resort . I did use the Indian oil fuel additive for diesel engines and felt marginal betterment in refinement on my older Ford Diesel .
Swarup5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 02:17   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarup5 View Post
Before any additives, do ask him to check the following at the SS

- Clutch replacement might just be around the corner since it has clocked 70k. A bad clutch might be pointing to most of the issues listed by you.

- If the clutch is still intact , try to see if EGR needs to be reset/cleaned . Newer diesel cars have a lot of soot being re circulated due to emission norms.

- Rarely , timing belt check could be done as its nearing 1L kms. Shouldnt be the case but you never know unless checked.
+1 to these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnjn@motorhead View Post

First post. Need help.

...car has become sluggish, with drastic drop in pick up, performance and fuel efficiency. Also, the engine noise has increased a lot. I read a lot of the replies in this thread till now and am confused which product to suggest him..
I would also suggest to get the glow plugs inside the cylinders to be checked. They deteriorate over time and are hugely responsible for drop in acceleration, lack of response etc. Replacing all 4 doesn't cost a lot. This should be done in tandem with the timing belt replacement and carbon cleanup.
adneeraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 13:50   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I picked up an octane booster from Amazon @580 for 250ml and it treats 60 litres of fuel, increaing the octane number by 5.
Is this AUTOPROFI by any chance? If so, the description mentions that it increases the rating by upto 5 points. In the octane booster world, a 'point' generally refers to 0.1 number. In this case, it's most likely 0.5 RON. It'd be better to contact the company and get it clarified. In any case, it'd be more economical to just fill up Indian Oil XP95 which is 95 RON at ~Rs.4.50 per litre over regular fuel than using any Octane booster. The vehicles you've mentioned won't likely benefit with anything over 95.
Old 20th October 2021, 00:37   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Is this AUTOPROFI by any chance? If so, the description mentions that it increases the rating by upto 5 points. In the octane booster world, a 'point' generally refers to 0.1 number. In this case, it's most likely 0.5 RON. It'd be better to contact the company and get it clarified. In any case, it'd be more economical to just fill up Indian Oil XP95 which is 95 RON at ~Rs.4.50 per litre over regular fuel than using any Octane booster. The vehicles you've mentioned won't likely benefit with anything over 95.
Yes it is the Autoprofi one. I know it's unlikely to see major performance benefits with regular commuter cars other than some smoothness. Unfortunately in my area only XP 100 is available not XP95 which costs 160+ bucks
Old 16th January 2022, 17:43   #1073
BHPian

Is it possible for ADON D to cause hard starting, misfire and white smoke on cold startup?
Ecosport 1.5 tdci with 60k kms. Sounds like a bad glow plug, but it only happened after using the additive.

Coincidence?
Old 16th January 2022, 17:47   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Is it possible for ADON D to cause hard starting, misfire and white smoke on cold startup?
Dont think so. ADDON-D is an Elf formulation, and I have used it regularly.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 15:54   #1075
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently had a chance to use 'HP Vinner 'diesel additive bought from a HP Bunk for my 'Elite i20 Asta (O)'. I am surprised to find that the additive works like a charm. Got maximum of 25KMPL (At one stage it was showing 27KMPL when I drove the vehicle between 80KMPH and 100KMPH). The additive should be used with 25L of diesel. I just used one sachet for a tank full.

Really satisfied with the performance of the vehicle and with the product. Would definitely recommend people to try it once. (Note: I always drive with a light foot). It is not an easily available product (Unable to find in near by HP Petrol Bunks, had to travel at least 40 KMS to buy from the Bunk where I actually bought).
TorqueKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 11:49   #1076
BHPian

I have a 2014 Ford Ecosport TDCi with almost 90k on the odometer.
Of late, I have noticed a bit of hesitation in tbe engine while revving and the fuel economy has come down to around 14 kmph in city (it used to give me around 17-18 kmph earlier in similar traffic conditions)

I have three things in mind and would like to have your opinion on usage of diesel additives (and probable issues I can face)

1. DIY cleaning of MAF and MAP sensors
2. DIY cleaning of EGR valve
3. Intercooler and radiator cleaning from reputed garage / ford service station.
4. Adding diesel additives

Here is where my confusion is:

1. Which diesel additive is the most recommended? System D, Liqui Moly etc.?
2. Are there any risks of causing permanent damage to Valves, injectors? (Sorry for this question, but it scares the hell out of me thinking of failures in these items, so would like to be doubly sure)
3. What are the other things one can do / get done for improving the pickup/NVH levels / milage of an 8 year old car with 90k on the odo?
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 13:10   #1077
BANNED

Using Liqui Moly Super Diesel in Hexa XTA (45000kms ) ,Swift Diesel ( 90K Kms) and it is a dream.I pour one bottle for every tank full. Also using Wurth Petrol Additive in Honda City 85K Kms Done ( One Bottle with every tank full) . I also tried STP , Abro and System G. System G works fine in petrol but in Diesel no major effect.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 13:21   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Using Liqui Moly Super Diesel in Hexa XTA (45000kms ) ,Swift Diesel ( 90K Kms) and it is a dream.I pour one bottle for every tank full. Also using Wurth Petrol Additive in Honda City 85K Kms Done ( One Bottle with every tank full) . I also tried STP , Abro and System G. System G works fine in petrol but in Diesel no major effect.
Could you share your feedback between Wurth, STP and Abro (for petrol cars). Which one of these gave the best results, also which STP additive did you use since there are a few versions available.
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:16   #1079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS66SPDLSD View Post
Could you share your feedback between Wurth, STP and Abro (for petrol cars). Which one of these gave the best results, also which STP additive did you use since there are a few versions available.
I used this STP-Power-Booster-Boosts-Octane. I am satisfied with Wurth keeping in view this cost half of STP. The advantages with all of them of all more or less same which are crispier throttle (It is not even close to XP100 from IOCL i filled up sometime back) , lower engine noise , better torque that is ability to hold higher gear at lower speed , better throttle response. In Diesel Swift ABRO was good. Actually i feel in every vehicle different brands give different reponse.I have not used ABRO in City petrol.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 2nd May 2022 at 13:21.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:59   #1080
BHPian

I bought this container from IOCL HSR.

The Adon D bottle is different than Adon P.

I have little doubt if this is genuine as the quantity in a bottle is almost 10 ml more as per the marking on the bottle. Also, P bottle feels genuine in comparison. Notice the liquid level in the picture below.

There is no way to get the desired quantity other than multiple trials.

Any better way to measure 30-40 ml.

I am thinking about using syringe for measurements as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-20220724_123933.jpg  

KumarS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks