Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 12:49   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Question to experts 1) Will there be any benefit if I add any diesel additive / injector cleaner during refueling ?

2) Any negative effects of using an additive in an old technology high mileage engine of the Ambassador ?
No harm in trying. These are the older, simpler combustion systems. The type of vehicles that have survived on a diet of kerosene+2T oil instead of diesel. It's only the modern vehicles with their cat cons that can be affected.

Go ahead and try it - you have nothing to lose. Since it will be your first try, I suggest trying the additives from IOCL - about 150 Rs for the 100 ml bottle.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:18   #1037
BHPian

I am using Proctane for Porsche Macan 2020 2.0, I don't see much of a difference, may be the engine if already so peppy, I also want to check other cheaper alternatives, I am buying Proctane EVO for 600/- (300ml)
And it was advised to me to put 900ml of Proctane in full tank of 75Ltr is that true?
Old 19th April 2021, 14:37   #1038
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I am using Proctane for Porsche Macan 2020 2.0, I don't see much of a difference, may be the engine if already so peppy, I also want to check other cheaper alternatives,
Have a look at this thread, if you have access to BP Pump, speed97 seems to be the best option for you.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4984468 (Speed 97 and High RON petrol discussion thread)
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 20:38   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No harm in trying........ I suggest trying the additives from IOCL - about 150 Rs for the 100 ml bottle.
Thank you Condor for the guidance and the suggestion.

So today went to the IOC pump near my home and inquired about Addon D. They said bottle was not available and only sachets were. Bought 10 sachets from them for Rs.150/-

The Fuel Additives Thread-additive.jpg

The Amby has a total tank capacity of 54 Litres. Had diesel between 1/2 way and 3/4 mark and assuming that it would be some where around 30 to 35 litres of diesel, I poured in 3 sachets of 10 ml each, not before spilling the first one slightly on the paint work (the sachets are a pain to handle - one press in the wrong place and they spill all over the place). Immediately wiped the paint with a cotton waste followed by a cloth dipped in water. The body color didn't show up in the white cotton waste and I was relieved, so to say. Next time I will empty the sachet to my graduated measuring jar or a long necked bottle before trying to empty it into the filler hole. So as of now, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 21st April 2021 at 20:43. Reason: adding info
Old 21st April 2021, 21:46   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... and assuming that it would be some where around 30 to 35 litres of diesel, I poured in 3 sachets of 10 ml each, not before spilling the first one slightly on the paint work
nothing to worry. I have spilled a bit on the paint inside the outer lid. Nothing has happened.

Btw, since you are trying first times, suggest the full dose of 1 ml per litre.
Btw, in this particular fill, I suspect a few ml loss due to pouring down into a tank that was partially-full. Next time, pls add before the diesel, so that the diesel will wash down what's in the neck.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 23:14   #1041
Senior - BHPian

I started using Iftex System D. This is for diesel engines, and is available at Cauvery Petrol Bunk in JP Nagar. The reason I purchased this is because I observed some degree of smoke during hard acceleration/overtaking and morning starts. Was feeling guilty about it. In two doses this has rid the car of such issues. No smoke is noticed. Engine gets really smooth, but I lose out on that beautiful torque. 'Diesel Kick' is missing. This guy in the Youtube video had few issues as well. I'll try ADON next, just to see what works best.

Last edited by Sebring : 21st April 2021 at 23:22.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 05:46   #1042
BHPian

I used Liqui-Moly Injector Cleaner (petrol) on my Amaze that's run 60k kms as well as on my Santro Xing that's run 120k kms.

The Amaze is a Torque Convertor automatic and it usually returns around 9-11 in the city and 12-13 on the Highways. After putting in the required amount of injector cleaner, there was a massive change in mileage. I'm now getting 11-13 in the city and 14-16 (sometimes 17) on the highway.

As for the Santro, it feels slightly smoother and acceleration is slightly quicker. I'm not sure about the mileage since we run the car in the city and have never bothered to check the mileage. But I'm a 100% sure its better than the Amaze.
Old 16th May 2021, 23:44   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
So as of now, keeping my fingers crossed.
I intended to post a long term review on the Adon D, but here in Trivandrum we are entering the "Triple Lock Down" and I thought I would share the up to date results.

Am I a happy man ?

I would say hell yeah because the problem for which I used the additive (excessive particulate emission) has been resolved to a great extent on the first usage itself. Looks like I had a sticking injector or some thing and now there is a great reduction in the particulate emission if the throttle is jabbed. Thanks to Condor for his valuable advise.

Engine smoothness, increased pick up and fuel efficiency ? - It is too much to expect from a Hindustan Ambassador Diesel Engine no ?

Last edited by adrian : 16th May 2021 at 23:47.
adrian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 18:26   #1044
MSC
BHPian

Hello all.
I had a small query. Diesel additive users please respond as deemed fit.
I have a BS-6 Venue 1.5 CRDi. Being equipped with a DPF, I am a bit wary and have a doubt if any extra oil/additive will be good for DPF. Hope it doesn't causes any issues.
Has anyone used such additive for a BS-6 diesel engine? Please tell about the experience.
Thanks in advance.
MSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 18:44   #1045
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
I have a BS-6 Venue 1.5 CRDi. Being equipped with a DPF, I am a bit wary and have a doubt if any extra oil/additive will be good for DPF. Hope it doesn't cause any issues.
Quoting from Liqui Moly website for Super Diesel Additive product.

Quote:
Suitable for all diesel engines with and without a diesel particulate filter. Preventive or remedial. Fully compatible with all conventional diesel and biodiesel fuels. 250 ml is sufficient for up to 75 l of fuel (dosage 1:300). The effect remains for up to 2,000 km. Tested for compatibility with turbochargers.
Amazon Link: Here.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 20:32   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hello all.
I had a small query. Diesel additive users please respond as deemed fit.
I have a BS-6 Venue 1.5 CRDi. Being equipped with a DPF, I am a bit wary and have a doubt if any extra oil/additive will be good for DPF. Hope it doesn't causes any issues.
Has anyone used such additive for a BS-6 diesel engine? Please tell about the experience.
Thanks in advance.
Last year I switched over to using Fully synthetic Addinol Super light series engine oil in 3 of my cars and found it much better than the oils I’ve used before. It also comes mixed with additives and doesn’t need any additional ones. Made In Germany sealed cans, no refilling here in India.

If you want you can use an additive in your fuel tank. Liqui Moly and STP are good, I’ve used both and they’re good, I would rate STP higher.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 21:06   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
.. DPF
ANurag, thanks for that. I think it is a very clear instruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
... Fully synthetic Addinol Super light series engine oil in 3 of my cars and found it much better than the oils I’ve used before. It also comes mixed with additives and doesn’t need any additional ones. .
If you are referring to Synthetic engine oil, then the additional cost of synthetic oil over even semi-synthetic, then the cost difference is huge when compared to using additives.
Old 23rd May 2021, 12:43   #1048
BHPian

One of the 3 Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies, HPCL has launched 'Power Petrol Plus' and 'Turbojet Diesel Plus' Fuel additives in pillow pouch packing. Both these names resemble their own Branded Fuels- 'Power' & 'Turbojet' respectively.
For Petrol vehicles, the ratio is 5 ml for 5 litre and for Diesel ones, it's 10 ml to be added to 25 litres of fuel.

I personally don't have any first hand experience of using it with my car. As I own a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K AT and I still haven't made up my mind to use 'Power Petrol Plus' even though my heart allows going for it. My car is in its initial warranty period and I am not sure whether to take risk with Skoda ASC as the manufacturer don't recomend using any such additives or even any branded fuel to their vehicles.

Is there any personal feedback from our fellow members here ?
And finally, shall I use this Power Petrol Plus
or any other 'trusted' additive to my Skoda Octavia without risking the warranty ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20210510_110911__01.jpg  

The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20210523_113229.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 23rd May 2021 at 13:10. Reason: Addition
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 14:18   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
One of the 3 Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies, HPCL has launched 'Power Petrol Plus' and 'Turbojet Diesel Plus' Fuel additives in pillow pouch packing.
One more Oil co jumping on to the additive band wagon ? Looks like the market is good.

Doc, my guess - go ahead. At least it is not from any unknown company. I am not averse to trying this, but I do not normally use HP diesel. And even if I did, I normally have stock of System-D or Indian Oil's Addon-D.

I will check this sometime. But at the moment, one point for me in favor of Addon-D over this one is that Add-on looks to be using the formulation from Elf. IIRC, Elf's formulation was the first additive in the Indian market, around 2006-07 time. (I have used that, and posted about it long back).
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:45   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Doc, my guess - go ahead. At least it is not from any unknown company.

IIRC, Elf's formulation was the first additive in the Indian market, around 2006-07 time. (I have used that, and posted about it long back).
Thanks condor for the explicit reply and also for the assurance you extended towards the product.
Happy to know that you have been using such additives since long. May I know, which vehicle manufacturer you are referring to?

Because my apprehension wasn't for utility of the product, but it's highly out of the Skoda recommendation and further due to the possible Warranty issues if occur anytime to deal with.

The excerpt from the User's Manual is attached herewith for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-screenshot_20210523152648__01.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 23rd May 2021 at 15:49. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks