Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 09:16   #886
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Do we have to use fuel additives regularly ? if yes, why this is not mentioned in most of the car manuals ? Many times I heard a negative feedback on fuel additives. Any of our friends here used fuel additives more than a lakh KM on same vehicle ? Thank you.
Old 12th October 2018, 10:38   #887
BHPian

Been using for all kilometer's done by my cars from day one.Never felt any negative impact. So at-least in my experience it has been safe and have always felt the car runs better with additives.
I use system G in my petrol cars and bikes and for diesel car i used Adon D,works like a charm.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 19:58   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanjathanna View Post
Do we have to use fuel additives regularly ? if yes, why this is not mentioned in most of the car manuals ? Many times I heard a negative feedback on fuel additives. Any of our friends here used fuel additives more than a lakh KM on same vehicle ? Thank you.
(A dummies point of view); fuel additives have a habit of cleaning the nozzles and keep the fuel injectors dazzling which in turn ensures better fuel supply and combustion which further improves the overall functioning resulting in increased engine life and shorter visits to the service center. This is exactly opposite to what the service centers want as then it will create a drop in their revenues. Even otherwise, they don't cause any harm to the heart of the engine so there is no fear of any residual impact. I've been using System G along with unleaded, normal petrol in my M-800 since 2003 and haven't experienced any issues other than some great pickup and improved mileage (on the highways). I've used Speed petrol also and found it to be quite same but being more expensive compared to System G I stuck to System G.

I'm currently using Liqui Moly on my Skoda Yeti (since 5k) and the engine has quietened further and the smoothness has improved too. I'm extremely satisfied with these products and in between I used Wynns in my Fiesta which gave me similar performance. So, roshan, please go ahead and use the additives freely without any worries. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 21:04   #889
Senior - BHPian

Would someone please guide me where to source system-d in Pune. I have been on a lookout for long.. Perhaps a little help will do

EDIT: Ordered this Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive (200 ml)
[ https://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-Sup...dp/B01INCWL0S/ ]

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 12th October 2018 at 21:11.
Old 13th October 2018, 10:59   #890
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Been using for all kilometer's done by my cars from day one.Never felt any negative impact. So at-least in my experience it has been safe and have always felt the car runs better with additives.
I use system G in my petrol cars and bikes and for diesel car i used Adon D,works like a charm.
What I got from a petrol bunk owner (now no more) is that using an additive once every few fills is not a bad idea. My own view is that as long as your regular bunk dishes out decent fuel there is no real need. Our fuel was BAD but since BS-III gumming is no more an issue. I still think once every 1000-1500 km is not such a bad idea. I was a regular client of Premium fuel or additives but no more.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 12:15   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What I got from a petrol bunk owner (now no more) is that using an additive once every few fills is not a bad idea. My own view is that as long as your regular bunk dishes out decent fuel there is no real need. Our fuel was BAD but since BS-III gumming is no more an issue. I still think once every 1000-1500 km is not such a bad idea. I was a regular client of Premium fuel or additives but no more.
I agree with you sir, however i have noticed that once in a while if i don't use additives i feel a little sluggishness and hence prefer to load the additive whenever i refill the tank, this way entire 50 liters is premixed and saves me the hassle. So i usually put in the additive say around 35ml and then add fuel and then balance additive.
Maybe its the fuel i can't say for sure,however at times i have noticed when i fill fuel from certain bunks the car runs much smoother,maybe its due to better fuel and in my case its mostly happens with IOC pumps compared to BP or HP.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 16:09   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
(A dummies point of view); fuel additives have a habit of cleaning the nozzles a
Cheers
Hey, thanks for that review.
Additionally, would you mind sharing with us the frequency, and the proportion in relation to the fuel?

Thanks and cheers!!
Old 14th October 2018, 00:14   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My own view is that as long as your regular bunk dishes out decent fuel there is no real need.
Very true sir. I have noticed this as well.

I've been a regular user of Stanadyne Diesel Additive & IOC Diesel combo. Since stanadyne is impossible to get in my city, have stopped using it. A slight difference is felt in terms of engine refinement.
Old 17th October 2018, 23:46   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Hey, thanks for that review.
Additionally, would you mind sharing with us the frequency, and the proportion in relation to the fuel?

Thanks and cheers!!
Hi Turrrb0,
Sorry for the delay in my reply. My personal experience has been that if you are using system G/D then pour about 15-20 ml per tank full. In case of Wynn's or Liqui Moly it is recommended that you empty the whole bottle of 200/250 ml and fill the tank and use it. I did not find any particular reuse instructions on the bottle but my experience has been to reuse at 5000-km interval which does not do any harm and the engine will continue to perform better. Although, I've used Liqui Moly twice now with the same interval as mentioned above. Hope it helps. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 23:10   #895
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Just sharing my experience.
I had a 2002 Gypsy from 2016 till a month back. Kept it 2 years. It had a very rough engine, timing was all shot, the throttle body was filthy etc.
After getting it I had it serviced, changed all the oils etc to Semi Synth at the time and I added XADO revitalising agent to the engine oil. Also kept regularly using STP Octane Booster and similar things while I had the vehicle.

It DID certainly make a difference to the smoothness and overall feel.

Cut to Oct 2018. I gave that Gypsy away in exchange for a 2005 KA Reg Gypsy which frankly isn’t all it should be in terms of engine and gearbox etc. Very rough engine and noisy gearbox etc.
However, I have started the first steps of restoration on it and the first thing was to change all the oils to top quality full synthetic, perform an engine flush, remove all the muck and add in various additives. In this case I used XADO again in the engine oil. I used LiquiMoly in the main gearbox. And XADO revitalising gel for the little 4WD gearbox.
I’m already seeing that it is smoother and quieter. I ve also used one can of Liquimoly Fuel Additive. I will use one more as soon as I fill gas again.
The additives have to bed down a bit more, so that one gets the fuller benefit of their usage.

But there is no doubt. While some people may be sceptical and rib me about “Snake Oil” and similar universal “Panaceas”, I do believe that while these are expensive, these additives do make a difference to tired old engines, giving them a new shot at life.

More as we go along!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 07:24   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Personally though I've used Liqui Moly Speed Tec which further improved the smoothness of my Yeti. Now, I've purchased their other variant called Super Diesel additive but yet to use.
Hi Sumzup! I'm planning to add a good diesel additive to my Rapid 1.6TDI after witnessing an injector failure recently. Thanks to extended warranty else that would've burnt a hole in my pocket.

Tried to procure Stanadyne but in vain. Now I'm left with two options Liqui Moly and System-D.

I see that you've been using Liqui Moly for a while. Can you please help me choose the right one for my car? Super Diesel Additive or Speed Tec?
Old 21st December 2018, 12:19   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Tried to procure Stanadyne but in vain. Now I'm left with two options Liqui Moly and System-D.

I see that you've been using Liqui Moly for a while. Can you please help me choose the right one for my car? Super Diesel Additive or Speed Tec?
Use Super Diesel eyes closed. Also, try to buy offline (dealer), will get you better prices.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 14:39   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Use Super Diesel eyes closed. Also, try to buy offline (dealer), will get you better prices.
Thanks for the prompt response. Ordered one from Amazon since I couldn't find it even at reputed lubricant dealers here in Vijayawada.

Any cautions that I need to practice while using this?
Old 21st December 2018, 15:13   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Any cautions that I need to practice while using this?
Nope.. just use this whole bottle in the tankfull of fuel. Also, try to drive in slightly higher RPMs. One bottle is good for 3K kms/like.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 07:37   #900
Senior - BHPian

There is a lightning deal on Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive (200 ml) selling at Rs.235. Thought it will be useful for bhpians.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01INCWL0S/

Bought it for Rs.220 (Rs.15 cashback with no rush delivery).

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 23rd December 2018 at 07:39.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks