Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2018, 18:46   #871
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi everyone.

My SX4 Zxi completed 100k km recently. I am thinking to use System G for a 1 or 2 tankfulls. But I could not get it in Pune. It is out of stock on Amazon.

Also I noticed that the petrol pumps do not keep any fuel additives now.

Where can I get System G in Pune?
Hi Rahul, try Liqui Moly as an alternative or use Wynns and you will not be disappointed at all. They both are fantastic in terms of performance and have a drive interval of 2-2.5K kms between fills. Personally though I've used Liqui Moly Speed Tec which further improved the smoothness of my Yeti. Now, I've purchased their other variant called Super Diesel additive but yet to use. The other noticeable feature after the use was there was an improvement of acceleration. Also, my overall fuel efficiency has improved a notch(this could vary with others so don't take my word for it). I've used Wynns before in my Fiesta and found it be equally good.

System G, used to be regularly stocked in Bpcl bunks before but now their production is not so great so their availability is affected. If you strongly desire for System G then ping me personally and I will give you the distributor's number. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 19:17   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Will the use of diesel additives can have any effects on the:(I) Engine sound and smoothness, (II) Smell of the exhaust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Flyer
Engine sound and smoothness---YES
Exhaust Smell---Maybe yes,never actually smelled the exhaust and i don't think its a good idea too.

Usually the effects depends on how clogged your system was or is at the moment.
I was asking because recently when I serviced my A3, they poured an Audi multi-purpose fuel additive (diesel) in my car's fuel tank. When I asked about it the SA said its to improve the fuel economy.

Recently the smoothness of the engine reduced and the sound has increased alot and I'm also getting a burning smell from the exhaust. I don't have to go and sniff at the exhaust pipe to sense it, but it's there right when I step out of the car.

The sound and smoothness has improved a lot after few refuels and the burning smell is now occasionally present. There is no DPF in my exhaust. That's why I was doubting if these were the effects of the fuel additive.

This is the additive used. Any A3/VAG car owners have any suggestions on this?

The Fuel Additives Thread-img20180806212139.jpg

The Fuel Additives Thread-img20180806212146.jpg
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 19:37   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
I was asking because recently when I serviced my A3, they poured an Audi multi-purpose fuel additive (diesel) in my car's fuel tank. When I asked about it the SA said its to improve the fuel economy.

Recently the smoothness of the engine reduced and the sound has increased alot and I'm also getting a burning smell from the exhaust. I don't have to go and sniff at the exhaust pipe to sense it, but it's there right when I step out of the car.

The sound and smoothness has improved a lot after few refuels and the burning smell is now occasionally present. There is no DPF in my exhaust. That's why I was doubting if these were the effects of the fuel additive.

This is the additive used. Any A3/VAG car owners have any suggestions on this?

Attachment 1790340

Attachment 1790341
Hi Flyer, I own and drive a Skoda Yeti and during my first four years of ownership, specifically during the warranty period, I did not add any fuel additive and I was clearly told by our technicians repeatedly that we should not. It is my 6th year and having crossed a lakh of kilometers I decided to use the additive to improve the combustion of my engine and remove all the gum deposits if any and, as expected, I did see a positive development and of course it is around 2000 km since I first used the additive and I've not seen or smelt any difference. So, it is safe to say that additives do not alter the character of the engine but provide better combustion by cleaning the nozzles.

How long after the addition did the smoothness reduce and the burn't smell was noticed? You say that the noise levels have also increased and assuming that each refuel would give a 500-km drive, is it safe to assume that you must have driven around 2-2.5k kms? Did you have a word with the ASC and, by the way, importantly is your car under warranty?

The products sold and recommended by VAG are quite good and most of times are sourced from their original countries of operation. IMHO, it should not be a cause for a concern anyway I suggest you to have a word with the ASC at the earliest.
sumzup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:36   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi Rahul, try Liqui Moly as an alternative or use Wynns and you will not be disappointed at all. They both are fantastic in terms of performance and have a drive interval of 2-2.5K kms between fills. Personally though I've used Liqui Moly Speed Tec which further improved the smoothness of my Yeti. Now, I've purchased their other variant called Super Diesel additive but yet to use.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this. Or the STP product.

As sgiitk suggested quite a few times in this thread, petrol additives (injector cleaner) need not be used frequently as we are getting a better petrol (which does not leave the deposits of gum in the injectors) post BS III. Since I have completed 1,00,000 km without any additives, I plan to use this only for one or two tankfulls and not frequently.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 15th August 2018 at 23:38.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 11:18   #875
BHPian

Quote:
How long after the addition did the smoothness reduce and the burn't smell was noticed?
Right after adding it.
Quote:
You say that the noise levels have also increased and assuming that each refuel would give a 500-km drive, is it safe to assume that you must have driven around 2-2.5k kms?
Yes I have now covered close to 2k kms after adding the additive. The noise is reduced now and engine sounds lot better now.
Quote:
Did you have a word with the ASC and, by the way, importantly is your car under warranty?
My car just finished it's warranty period. I talked to ASC and they said its got nothing to do with additive. They said it might me due to contaminated fuel which I disregarded first. But since things are getting better after each refuels, I'm also suspecting that could be the culprit, but I can't be sure.
Old 21st September 2018, 16:34   #876
BHPian

Hey all, Does anyone know where I can source System-D/Addon-D in Chennai?
Any pointers will be much appreciated!!

Thanks all.
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:43   #877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
My SX4 Zxi completed 100k km recently. I am thinking to use System G for a 1 or 2 tankfulls. But I could not get it in Pune. It is out of stock on Amazon.

Also I noticed that the petrol pumps do not keep any fuel additives now.
You summed it all up by petrol pumps do not keep any fuel additives now.' Why, since Mr Average user feels to need for them. By and large fuel is now good enough (barring bad cases of adulteration). In fact any additive System G or other is about the same. So get whatever is available and you will not regret it.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 21:52   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Hard to get in Chennai. I tried & failed. Best bet is COCO in City or ask someone to get it for you from Bangalore or Hyderabad. It's available in COCO of these cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Check in the IOC COCO bunks. This is an IOC product. Some one here actually requested the bunk manager to get some stock, and he actually got a bunch of the additive packets.
That's me. Got a box full of Adon P. Lead time for bunks is about 2 weeks. I make token payment in advance to force them keep their promise & make them realize that I mean business.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd September 2018 at 23:22. Reason: back to back posts merged
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 19:33   #879
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks all.
Hi Turrrb0, If you are really keen on System D then PM me and I will share the distributor's number. Based on my recent experience, I would suggest you try Liqui Moly fuel additive that is available in two variants. I have tried both and am extremely satisfied with the performance. The engine noise has reduced considerably and the pickup has gone up a notch for my car which already has a heady torque. They are both available on Amazon along with other additives from the same brand, and are on offer so you get a fair discount too. In fact, I've used their Ceratec engine oil treatment additive and felt 'Wow' since using it for the last couple of thousand kms.
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:41   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Turrrb0, If you are really keen on System D then PM me and I will share the distributor's number. Based on my recent experience, I would suggest you try Liqui Moly fuel additive that is available in two variants. I have tried both and am extremely satisfied with the performance. The engine noise has reduced considerably and the pickup has gone up a notch for my car which already has a heady torque. They are both available on Amazon along with other additives from the same brand, and are on offer so you get a fair discount too. In fact, I've used their Ceratec engine oil treatment additive and felt 'Wow' since using it for the last couple of thousand kms.
Thanks sumzup, I have been using Abro and then shifted to liqui moly, but thought I'd try addon-d/system-d for a change. Is it more economical(cheaper)?
But since you're recommending liqui moly itself, maybe I'll just stick to that.

cheers!
Old 26th September 2018, 15:09   #881
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Hard to get in Chennai. I tried & failed. Best bet is COCO in City or ask someone to get it for you from Bangalore or Hyderabad. It's available in COCO of these cities.

That's me. Got a box full of Adon P. Lead time for bunks is about 2 weeks. I make token payment in advance to force them keep their promise & make them realize that I mean business.
Hi, System D and System G is available with couple of friends of mine in Bengaluru, and if interested please PM me your number and I will share the details with you.
Old 26th September 2018, 18:20   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, System D and System G is available with couple of friends of mine in Bengaluru, and if interested please PM me your number and I will share the details with you.
Thanks sumzup. I tried all including Valvoline and finally settled with Adon-P. Heard that Adon-P cost has gone up by Rs.10 per unit. I'm now in market for Adon-D. Will update you all about full box cost after I visit my trusted dealer.
Old 12th October 2018, 00:11   #883
BHPian

Petrol fuel additives to increase RON / Octane of regular fuel

Hi guys,

I'm sure a lot of people must be in a similar boat like I am where people are using decently powered petrol cars (Be it a GT TSI or a 320i or something as exclusive as an M3) but regular availability of 97 octane fuel is a concern as we all know specially while doing cross country trips. Now, in our country there's heaps of additives and octane boosters available with many people having different opinions; personally I have came across the following:

1. Proctane (Made in India)
2. Torco (Made in USA)
3. Dorfketal (Made in India)
4. Official BMW / Porsche fuel additives.

Can we have a comprehensive list of pros and cons and decide what exactly is the best for a petrol car in India for preventing the knocking and improving the economy and performance.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 00:41   #884
BHPian

I recently tried STP octane booster in my GT TSI. I am on my second tankful. The only thing I noticed is slight improvement in engine smoothness. No improvement in power. I may be wrong but that is what I felt.
Old 12th October 2018, 09:03   #885
BHPian

I use Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner - 50 ml for every tankful. I feel it's closest to the 97 experience. Tried STP Octane Booster - couldn't notice much change.

Also, I follow the BITOG forum and Redline has great reviews - very few products pass the scathing criticism of some of the tribology obsessed members.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks