Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 16:14   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've received a bottle of liqui moly diesel purge 1811.
Can I use it in my 2005 Tucson?
Also, how is it too be used, as in quantity. It's a 500 ml bottle.
There are a couple of videos and posts on this thread that show the elaborate process of bypassing the fuel supply and plumbing the fuel return line.

What i did was, i emptied the bottle on an almost empty tank of diesel. The low fuel indicator light had come on. Went on a 1 km drive to ensure that the additive is mixed with diesel and let the car idle for 15 minutes. I saw an improvement in engine smoothness and response but not a significant. Maybe my car fuel injectors were already in a good condition or because the mixture of purge+diesel was too dilute. Maybe need to add 2 bottles of purge to see better results.

Your mileage may vary
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 12:02   #977
BANNED

I used 2 bottles of Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive for 2 tankfuls for reducing white smoke on my Ritz and the smoke has reduced by 70%.

Do I need to use it once again?

...or should I use any of these:
  1. https://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-200...dp/B00CPL8OVE/
  2. https://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-181...dp/B004X631O4/
  3. https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N2NMQVY/
Please advice on how can I fully eliminate the white smoke.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:44   #978
BANNED

@mithun; repeat the treatment periodically. Immediate treatment may not do much good. Also, why were you getting the smoke in the first place?
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:34   #979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mithun; repeat the treatment periodically. Immediate treatment may not do much good. Also, why were you getting the smoke in the first place?
My problem: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4651986 (Diesel engine - White smoke on morning starts)
Old 13th December 2019, 12:18   #980
BHPian

Hey folks. I've a quick ask.
Any fuel system or injector cleaner bottle asks to empty the bottle before refilling. It's there any logic to it?
Would it not mix well if added after filling the tank?
I intend to use one tomorrow as I'm taking my car out in a long drive but have already tanked up.

Appreciate your help as always..
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 12:33   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Any fuel system or injector cleaner bottle asks to empty the bottle before refilling. It's there any logic to it?
I intend to use one tomorrow as I'm taking my car out in a long drive but have already tanked up.

Because the cleaner has to reach the injectors first before it gets diluted by the fuel.

Go with the highest octane rated fuel available at your place for the best results during this tune up.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 13:51   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What happens if you fill up a glass with water and then add some honey to it.

Compared to what happens if you put the honey first and then fill up the glass with water.

In the the latter case the honey gets mixed properly. That is exactly why the manufacturer suggests you do the same. When you put the additive first the fuel being pumped into the tank ensures that it gets mixed properly.

The additives needs to be fully dissolved with the fuel so that it can reach the injectors in the right proportions.
Traveler is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 17:11   #983
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What happens if you fill up a glass with water and then add some honey to it.

Compared to what happens if you put the honey first and then fill up the glass with water.

In the the latter case the honey gets mixed properly. That is exactly why the manufacturer suggests you do the same. When you put the additive first the fuel being pumped into the tank ensures that it gets mixed properly.

The additives needs to be fully dissolved with the fuel so that it can reach the injectors in the right proportions.
Such a good analogy!
Absolutely true.
First pour in the whole bottle of Fuel Octane Booster or Additive. There will be some fuel in the tank anyway so this will flow in and mix slowly. Then with the pressure hose fuel delivery while filling up the tank, all of this will mix nicely and do the job better. The additive gets delivered along with the fuel, to the combustion chamber through the injectors. Somewhat like delivering medicine through the drip.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 21:41   #984
BHPian

Quote:
It will! No matter whether you add before or after the additive will mix with the fuel as it moves in the tank.
I was also curious to know so I took a bottle of fuel and added the additive and it dissolved completely without me shaking the bottle so I think it should be just fine and you can go ahead and add it to to your already tanked up fuel.
As a matter of fact I usually tank up and then add the booster/additive at home as its inconvenient to do the same at the fuel bunk.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 22:44   #985
BHPian

For some reason only Liqui Moly diesel additive makes some difference on my Ameo Diesel DSG. Whereas STP made me feel no improvement. On my Vento MPI, STP made it more coarse. Figo is an all-rounder, takes any and performs better.
Old 19th December 2019, 15:05   #986
Senior - BHPian

Ordered 3 bottles of CetaneX for my Aspire diesel. It is available on Amazon now;
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I last ordered around 15 bottles when it was being sold in a smaller 100ml bottles. This one is better since it has ML markings on the side and they are in 300ml bottles. 200ml is what I use for a full tank (40l).

Among the other additives that I have tried, this one is quite good in terms of NVH.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 10:12   #987

Liqui Moly diesel additive for Renault Duster (110 PS)

Hello all,

I am sure most of you have heard about the infamous diesel injector issue in the 110 PS Duster. To recap, I bought a 2015 Duster (AWD model), and had to change one injector. I was going through a lot of thread on TBHP as well as other sources and the main cause seemed to be adulterated diesel and damaged injectors. After servicing the car (60k service), I decided to do two things:
- Fill Shell diesel
- Add Liqui Moly Super diesel additive
The Fuel Additives Thread-81sqepvonel._sl1500_.jpg

I got the tank to almost empty, and added the whole bottle of Liqui Moly in the tank, and then filled it up with regular Shell diesel (not the V Power).

I am not exaggerating, but the engine noise and vibration levels dropped many notches, and the pick up has improved a little bit. I am not sure which one (Shell diesel or Liqui Moly) contributed to the difference, but the difference is very much noticeable. I plan to fill only Shell diesel & use Liqui Moly every 3 months. I hope that the extra cost will avoid changing injectors again!!

Disclaimer: This is neither a post promoting Shell nor Liqui Moly.
TheCFDguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:31   #988
Senior - BHPian

My Verna 1.6D just completed the run on one full tank of diesel mixed with System D additive (1 ml per liter ratio). So far I don't find any notable difference whatsoever, in engine smoothness, mileage or power. Beginning to think that additives are placebo.

I have also read somewhere that System D won't have any effect on common rail diesel engines. Heard great reviews about this product from users of Fiat MJD engines though.

Does anyone have similar observations with System D in Hyundai's 1.6 CRDI engine?
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 15:57   #989

Re: Liqui Moly diesel additive for Renault Duster (110 PS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCFDguy View Post
Hello all,

I am sure most of you have heard about the infamous diesel injector issue in the 110 PS Duster. To recap, I bought a 2015 Duster (AWD model), and had to change one injector. I was going through a lot of thread on TBHP as well as other sources and the main cause seemed to be adulterated diesel and damaged injectors. After servicing the car (60k service), I decided to do two things:
- Fill Shell diesel
- Add Liqui Moly Super diesel additive
Attachment 1956426

I got the tank to almost empty, and added the whole bottle of Liqui Moly in the tank, and then filled it up with regular Shell diesel (not the V Power).

I am not exaggerating, but the engine noise and vibration levels dropped many notches, and the pick up has improved a little bit. I am not sure which one (Shell diesel or Liqui Moly) contributed to the difference, but the difference is very much noticeable. I plan to fill only Shell diesel & use Liqui Moly every 3 months. I hope that the extra cost will avoid changing injectors again!!

Disclaimer: This is neither a post promoting Shell nor Liqui Moly.
I also follow the same on my AWD - 2016 model and I completely agree on the experience. Completed 45K and so far so good. I follow this process every 5K. Having heard many injector failure issues, following this approach. Let us see
Baiz72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 16:24   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Among the other additives that I have tried, this one is quite good in terms of NVH.

I am also planning to use "Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive" for my Figo TDCi. Have you tried? If yes, did you found any improvement ?
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks