Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2006, 13:24   #1
Team-BHP Support

The Fuel Additives Thread

i ve been using Iftex since i bought my car 6 years back, and always felt that the car performed better with Iftex along with IOC premium. Again this is recomended by FORD also.

Recently i suggested to one of my colleagues to try this on his ALTO and since the car was under warranty, he decided to check with the dealer before he used. Apparently the first dealer he went to suggested against, saying in the long run this will create problems with regard to carbon build up and would require decarbing after 30k kms.

Apparently he checked with another Maruti dealer and they also said the same.

Now the question is its an injector cleaner and it removes the petrol grime which builds up on the injector, and this is burnt out when the engine is running.

Will the brew of Iftex with petrol coz excess carbon depositing?? anybody who has got any clue on this??

the pollution level is as usual damn lil, as lil as sometimes the machine refuse to read, unless the car is reved out. and even then it settles down to .5-.7 reading.

Any thoughts/experience on this??
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2006, 21:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

lol plot thickens.. apparently its recomended by MARUTI in Iftex site and on the bottle cover http://www.iftex.com/system_g.html
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2006, 23:10   #3
BHPian

The guys at maruti are a bunch of uneducated so called engineeres, they dont recomend Iftex coz they try to push Bardhal.
Also Mul dosent recomend Petrol with additives like speed or power.
Nearly all service engineers dont know what a K&N filter is or what any other performance related stuff.
I can only say one thing Trust the Warehouse of knowledge at Team-Bhp & not your service advisor at Mul.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2006, 12:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

IFTEX RulesZZZ..better than competetion..
both Petrol and Diesel..
Old 17th August 2006, 12:33   #5
BHPian

IFTEX is good it does reves up the engine for some time but later on smoothens the injector responce.
Old 17th August 2006, 13:06   #6
BANNED

The guys at the IOC I usually go to says you don't need Iftex if you're filling Xtrapremium because it already has additives.

However they're not exactly engineers or geniuses. Can anyone clarify this?
Old 17th August 2006, 17:04   #7
BHPian

I have been using the same on all my cars for the last 9 years and had no problem I have used it on my old baleno for 80k kms, and the new one for 10k kms, no problems
Old 18th August 2006, 11:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

i fill regular octane petrol and the recommended dosage of IFTEX system G.... my car is smooth as butter
Old 18th August 2006, 21:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
i fill regular octane petrol and the recommended dosage of IFTEX system G.... my car is smooth as butter
My Results with system G
Speed + System G = Good
Power + System G = No difference
91 Octane + System G = Not Required 91 octane is great by itself
97 Ocatne = Whats the need for system G ???
Kaizer Sozay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2006, 01:44   #10
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
The guys at the IOC I usually go to says you don't need Iftex if you're filling Xtrapremium because it already has additives.

However they're not exactly engineers or geniuses. Can anyone clarify this?
Again... not an engineer.... but purely based on my experience...
I somehow failed to notice any difference in performance using systemG though I still continued using it.....
but since the high octane fuels are available... which actually apparently make a lot of difference.. i stopped using it.

As per the pollution... even my car which is 5.5years old.. sometimes fails to get noticed on the equipment unless revved.
Old 5th November 2006, 17:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

Fuel Additive

I have been putting bardahl fuel additive in my lancer. Every 6 months i put one bottle.
Although i do notice a small difference mainly in the refinement of the engine. which feels much more smoother.
I wanted to know what exactly it does. Does it serve the same purpose as the power or speed i.e. cleans the injectors.

I fill shell regular fuel and add the bardahl.

Anyone else using this? Whats your feedback?
Old 5th November 2006, 19:38   #12
BHPian

I used it once for my Alto Vx 1.1, couple of years back, based on the recommendation of the dealer. But then discontinued it. I am also keen to know more details on this.
Old 6th November 2006, 13:05   #13
BHPian

SYSTEM G : yes or no????

guys second free service done in my baleno at vitesse. on asking the service manager what fuel should i use, he told me to use regular fuel with system g. i usually use speed. what difference does this make??? advantages, disadvantages??? and what if i use system g with speed??? help!!!!
Old 6th November 2006, 13:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

This has been discussed before. I have tried both (I used Power for one whole year non stop) and was more satisfied with the result of regular fuel and System G. As I am no expert in these matters, I called Rudra and he uses system G occasionally, but only premium fuel.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2006, 16:02   #15
BHPian

I always use SYS G on my Optra + speed. The former is recommended by the company. Trust me it works very well.. You might wanna check with some baleno owners though...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks